Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > its been awhile here

its been awhile here

Keith Chilton

Lots has been going on with me. My companies domain server's hard drive
crashed. Ouch for me. Spent a 17 hour day at work and i spent all last week
trying to play catch up to everyones request. I think I might actually get
caught up to where we were at tommorow. My company's domain server is going
to be a 2003 now so i am going to ignore the books i bought for 2000 and buy
some for windows 2003 before i start my mcsa. I still haven't passed my
70-270 test. I need to start studying that material i didnt know and get
that test over with...

Hope you all are ok out there! (ITGIRL, michael, etc..)

--
Keith Chilton - MCDST, MCP
Data Services Technician

messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
representative independent of this message.

Michael D. Alligood

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Lots has been going on with me. My companies domain server's hard drive
> crashed. Ouch for me.

<snipped>

Good for you. Really. Nothing like being baptized by fire in the I.T.
field. It is by far the best learning.
--
Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

Keith Chilton

oh yes it was lots of fun lol we got our 2003 server today.. i am hoping it
replicates with 2000 server just fine when i hook it up

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Lots has been going on with me. My companies domain server's hard drive
>> crashed. Ouch for me.

> <snipped>
>
> Good for you. Really. Nothing like being baptized by fire in the I.T.
> field. It is by far the best learning.
> --
> Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
> CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

TheITGirl

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lots has been going on with me. My companies domain server's hard drive
> crashed. Ouch for me. Spent a 17 hour day at work and i spent all last
> week trying to play catch up to everyones request. I think I might
> actually get caught up to where we were at tommorow. My company's domain
> server is going to be a 2003 now so i am going to ignore the books i
> bought for 2000 and buy some for windows 2003 before i start my mcsa. I
> still haven't passed my 70-270 test. I need to start studying that
> material i didnt know and get that test over with...
>
> Hope you all are ok out there! (ITGIRL, michael, etc..)
>
> --
> Keith Chilton - MCDST, MCP
> Data Services Technician
> River Valley Financial Bank
> 430 Clifty Drive
> Madison, IN 47250
> 812-273-4949 ext 348
> Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
>
> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email <Confidentiality Footer
> snipped>

Hi Keith!

My 70-270 study has been on hold for the last couple of weeks - have had to
spend a whole weekend helping out another of our UK branches with an office
move. I have now been drafted in to mop up after their useless helpdesk,
who pass tickets to their equally useless 2nd line team, who just leave them
in the queue to fester. BTW I'm not talking rocket science here - one of
these tickets related to someone whose system time was wrong and just needed
me to log in as local admin and change the time zone.

Sorry to welcome you back with such a rant, Keith - best of luck with the
studying, and with implementing that new domain server!

IT Girl MCDST

Keith Chilton

thanks! No problem it's necessary to communicate rants to like-minded peers.
You really can't communicate that information and be understood by your
significant other unless their in the same field! I am going to start
studying for it again tonight. Even though i should be getting back into
exercising tonight. screw it! lol

news:(E-Mail Removed)...