Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Good Books/Dev Tools Recommendation on Website Development w/ASP?

Good Books/Dev Tools Recommendation on Website Development w/ASP?

Bozo Schmozo

Can someone please recommend some good books on developing web sites
(pretty much from scratch) using ASP and the necessary/usual
components required, such as XML, C# and etc.?

As well, if I have one of the latest versions of Visual Studio, is
that all I need as an IDE for ASP/ASP.NET and etc? Any books, online
resources or tutorials on developing and getting a web site off the
ground using ASP would be much appreciated. TIA!

Peter van der Goes

"Bozo Schmozo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can someone please recommend some good books on developing web sites
> (pretty much from scratch) using ASP and the necessary/usual
> components required, such as XML, C# and etc.?
>
> As well, if I have one of the latest versions of Visual Studio, is
> that all I need as an IDE for ASP/ASP.NET and etc? Any books, online
> resources or tutorials on developing and getting a web site off the
> ground using ASP would be much appreciated. TIA!

Assuming you mean ASP.NET...
First, if you have Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP Professional, you
can install Internet Information Server (IIS) as a local web server to
support your development efforts.
Visual Studio .NET will recognize and use IIS as your local ASP.NET project
server.
Second, here is a jumping off point for tutorials, etc.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/us...b/default.aspx

HTH.

--
Peter - [MVP - Academic]

Bozo Schmozo

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 08:01:38 -0600, "Peter van der Goes"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Bozo Schmozo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Can someone please recommend some good books on developing web sites
>> (pretty much from scratch) using ASP and the necessary/usual
>> components required, such as XML, C# and etc.?
>>
>> As well, if I have one of the latest versions of Visual Studio, is
>> that all I need as an IDE for ASP/ASP.NET and etc? Any books, online
>> resources or tutorials on developing and getting a web site off the
>> ground using ASP would be much appreciated. TIA!

>Assuming you mean ASP.NET...
>First, if you have Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP Professional, you
>can install Internet Information Server (IIS) as a local web server to
>support your development efforts.
>Visual Studio .NET will recognize and use IIS as your local ASP.NET project
>server.
>Second, here is a jumping off point for tutorials, etc.
>
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/us...b/default.aspx
>
>HTH.

Peter, thanks for the informative reply. Really appreciate it.