Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > RE: Pre Exam Nerves....

RE: Pre Exam Nerves....

Jo

Dear Irish:

Yes, we all know what you are experiencing - we have all lived to tell about
the same story. I was so nervous when I took my 271, that I could barely
fill out the paperwork when I arrived at the testing site. Once you get
comfortable in your chair and you press the Start Exam button, you will then
get into the mode. If you have used the MeasureUp testing software in the
back of the Press book, then you should be more than adequately prepared.

Of course, for many of us, "adequately prepared" is an understatement. You
will do fine. Just remember what you have read, learned while on the job and
it will come to you. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

"Never give up, never surrender!!"
--
Motochick

"Irish_IT_hopeful" wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm new to this newsgroup and have found it useful so far...I've got my
> first MCP exam in a few days and I'm starting to get a bit nervous...I'm
> going for the 70-271. I know that you can't tell me what to expect,
> but...umm...what can I expect?! I've been working in a public sector
> organisation for a few years supporting NT servers, Win 2k/XP desktops and
> Win2k/2k3 servers...I've got some good hands-on experience but have never
> taken any computer hardware/software classes...am I mad?!
> --
> ===
> I''ve never taken any computer classes...I''m a musician!

Jo

If you're doing 80 plus percent on the practice tests, then you're more than
ready! I was only doing a 70% on the tests and went and took the test. I
got a 799, but hey, I'm here to learn - not here to try to make a mark if you
know what I mean. I passed and that's the point.

Good luck....
--
Motochick

"Irish_IT_hopeful" wrote:

> Hey Motochick, thanks for the reply...I've been working with the MeasureUp
> tests online and seem to be averaging around 88%. Im happy with this (I'd
> love to ace the test with 100%, but a pass is good enough for me for now!)
>
> I'll be sure to let you know anyway!
>
> R.
> --
> ===
> I've never taken any computer classes...I'm a musician!
>

> "Jo" wrote:
>
> > Dear Irish:
> >
> > Yes, we all know what you are experiencing - we have all lived to tell about
> > the same story. I was so nervous when I took my 271, that I could barely
> > fill out the paperwork when I arrived at the testing site. Once you get
> > comfortable in your chair and you press the Start Exam button, you will then
> > get into the mode. If you have used the MeasureUp testing software in the
> > back of the Press book, then you should be more than adequately prepared.
> >
> > Of course, for many of us, "adequately prepared" is an understatement. You
> > will do fine. Just remember what you have read, learned while on the job and
> > it will come to you. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
> >
> > "Never give up, never surrender!!"
> > --
> > Motochick
> >

> > "Irish_IT_hopeful" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > I'm new to this newsgroup and have found it useful so far...I've got my
> > > first MCP exam in a few days and I'm starting to get a bit nervous...I'm
> > > going for the 70-271. I know that you can't tell me what to expect,
> > > but...umm...what can I expect?! I've been working in a public sector
> > > organisation for a few years supporting NT servers, Win 2k/XP desktops and
> > > Win2k/2k3 servers...I've got some good hands-on experience but have never
> > > taken any computer hardware/software classes...am I mad?!
> > > --
> > > ===
> > > I''ve never taken any computer classes...I''m a musician!

Michael D. Alligood

And I am still proud of you... Did you use your iTunes card yet?

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

news:(E-Mail Removed):