Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Just scheduled my 70-270 for next week

Just scheduled my 70-270 for next week

Keith Chilton

Just scheduled my 70-270 test for next Friday morning (3/30)

Should be ready to pass it and move onto my Windows 2000 Server books for
that MCSA 2000 certification i'm trying to obtain. Anybody else have their
270 scheduled? I know most of the material they went over in the book was
repetitive from the 271 and 272 books, BUT there was information there that
wasn't contained in the MS press 271 and 272 books, so I guess that made it
worth reading.

--
Keith Chilton - MCDST, MCP
Data Services Technician

messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
representative independent of this message.

TheITGirl

"Keith Chilton" wrote:

> Just scheduled my 70-270 test for next Friday morning (3/30)
>
> Should be ready to pass it and move onto my Windows 2000 Server books for
> that MCSA 2000 certification i'm trying to obtain. Anybody else have their
> 270 scheduled? I know most of the material they went over in the book was
> repetitive from the 271 and 272 books, BUT there was information there that
> wasn't contained in the MS press 271 and 272 books, so I guess that made it
> worth reading.
>
> --
> Keith Chilton - MCDST, MCP
> Data Services Technician
> River Valley Financial Bank
> 430 Clifty Drive
> Madison, IN 47250
> 812-273-4949 ext 348
> Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
>
> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality Footer****
> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you
> are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery
> of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to
> anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us
> immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email
> messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
> and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
> my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
> representative independent of this message.

Hi Keith

I don't feel ready to schedule the 270 exam yet, but wish you all the very
best for next Friday!

IT Girl MCDST

Angel

Hey Keith
I haven’t scheduled it yet I think I’m almost ready…..I’m going review
some more over the weekend and see if I take it the next week not sure what
date yet though…… Well good Luck……you mention MCSA 2000 why not MCSA 2003 I
thought 2003 would be better…..I going for the MCSA/MCSE Certification track
after exam 70-270 only 4 very hard exams let….with Gods help I can do it

I was doing some research and I was looking into this book I think it might
help me cause I have no idea about windows server……..have you heard anything
about it or anyone else has heard of it or if its good

http://www.nerdbooks.com/item.php?id=0735620474

thanks
--
Angel Perez

A+, N+, MCP, MCDST

"Keith Chilton" wrote:

> Just scheduled my 70-270 test for next Friday morning (3/30)
>
> Should be ready to pass it and move onto my Windows 2000 Server books for
> that MCSA 2000 certification i'm trying to obtain. Anybody else have their
> 270 scheduled? I know most of the material they went over in the book was
> repetitive from the 271 and 272 books, BUT there was information there that
> wasn't contained in the MS press 271 and 272 books, so I guess that made it
> worth reading.
>
> --
> Keith Chilton - MCDST, MCP
> Data Services Technician
> River Valley Financial Bank
> 430 Clifty Drive
> Madison, IN 47250
> 812-273-4949 ext 348
> Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
>
> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality Footer****
> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you
> are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery
> of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to
> anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us
> immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email
> messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
> and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
> my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
> representative independent of this message.

Michael D. Alligood

His work operates on a Windows 2000 environment.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"Angel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hey Keith
> I haven't scheduled it yet I think I'm almost ready...I'm going review
> some more over the weekend and see if I take it the next week not sure what
> date yet though.. Well good Luck..you mention MCSA 2000 why not MCSA 2003 I
> thought 2003 would be better...I going for the MCSA/MCSE Certification track
> after exam 70-270 only 4 very hard exams let..with Gods help I can do it
>
> I was doing some research and I was looking into this book I think it might
> help me cause I have no idea about windows server....have you heard anything
> about it or anyone else has heard of it or if its good
>
> http://www.nerdbooks.com/item.php?id=0735620474
>
> thanks
> --
> Angel Perez
>
> A+, N+, MCP, MCDST
>

> "Keith Chilton" wrote:
>
> > Just scheduled my 70-270 test for next Friday morning (3/30)
> >
> > Should be ready to pass it and move onto my Windows 2000 Server books for
> > that MCSA 2000 certification i'm trying to obtain. Anybody else have their
> > 270 scheduled? I know most of the material they went over in the book was
> > repetitive from the 271 and 272 books, BUT there was information there that
> > wasn't contained in the MS press 271 and 272 books, so I guess that made it
> > worth reading.
> >
> > --
> > Keith Chilton - MCDST, MCP
> > Data Services Technician
> > River Valley Financial Bank
> > 430 Clifty Drive
> > Madison, IN 47250
> > 812-273-4949 ext 348
> > Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
> >
> > ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality Footer****
> > Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you
> > are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery
> > of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to
> > anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us
> > immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email
> > messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
> > and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
> > my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
> > representative independent of this message.

catwalker63

Angel piffled away vaguely:

> Hey Keith
> I haven’t scheduled it yet I think I’m almost ready…..I’m going review
> some more over the weekend and see if I take it the next week not sure what
> date yet though…… Well good Luck……you mention MCSA 2000 why not MCSA 2003 I
> thought 2003 would be better…..I going for the MCSA/MCSE Certification track
> after exam 70-270 only 4 very hard exams let….with Gods help I can do it
>
> I was doing some research and I was looking into this book I think it might
> help me cause I have no idea about windows server……..have you heard anything
> about it or anyone else has heard of it or if its good
>
> http://www.nerdbooks.com/item.php?id=0735620474
>
> thanks

The exams are not an educational track. They are targeted at
professionals who already have experience. You can learn a lot in the
process and probably pass the exams but they do not have the same value
if that's your only experience. So you should aim at the platform you
have the most experience on and not necessarily the platform that's the
newest and "shiniest".

The administrative companion books are great reference for when you are
on the job and probably have some great information that would help on
the exam. However, they are not organized or targeted to exam
objectives. It might be a great extra material book but I wouldn't
depend on it. If you want a book that's a great read, try Minassi's
Mastering series from Sybex. For exam prep, stick with MS Press and
Sybex exam prep guides.

If you think you're almost ready, go ahead and schedule the exam.
Nothing like a deadline to help focus your study.
--

Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet

Lasher

catwalker63 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Angel piffled away vaguely:
>
>> Hey Keith
>> I haven’t scheduled it yet I think I’m almost
>> ready…..I’m going review
>> some more over the weekend and see if I take it the next week not
>> sure what date yet though…… Well good Luck……you mention MCSA
>> 2000 why not MCSA 2003 I thought 2003 would be better…..I going for
>> the MCSA/MCSE Certification track after exam 70-270 only 4 very hard
>> exams let….with Gods help I can do it
>>
>> I was doing some research and I was looking into this book I think it
>> might help me cause I have no idea about windows server……..have
>> you heard anything about it or anyone else has heard of it or if its
>> good
>>
>> http://www.nerdbooks.com/item.php?id=0735620474
>>
>> thanks

> The exams are not an educational track. They are targeted at
> professionals who already have experience. You can learn a lot in the
> process and probably pass the exams but they do not have the same
> value if that's your only experience. So you should aim at the
> platform you have the most experience on and not necessarily the
> platform that's the newest and "shiniest".
>
> The administrative companion books are great reference for when you
> are on the job and probably have some great information that would
> help on the exam. However, they are not organized or targeted to exam
> objectives. It might be a great extra material book but I wouldn't
> depend on it. If you want a book that's a great read, try Minassi's
> Mastering series from Sybex. For exam prep, stick with MS Press and
> Sybex exam prep guides.
>
> If you think you're almost ready, go ahead and schedule the exam.
> Nothing like a deadline to help focus your study.

Unfortunatly, the only thing that you're going to be able to study from
is the Windows Vista: Administrator's Pocketbook and the other Windows
Vista book that was released that you can find on Amazon. Nothing for a
beta exam is going to be published in book form because its beta. I'd
personally just grab the voucher for the live exam and study from the
book they put out for the upgrade exam.

Michael D. Alligood

Very true. I picked up Ed Bott's Windows Vista Inside Out. It is an
incredible book.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"Lasher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> catwalker63 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Angel piffled away vaguely:
> >
> >> Hey Keith
> >> I haven’t scheduled it yet I think I’m almost
> >> ready…..I’m going review
> >> some more over the weekend and see if I take it the next week not
> >> sure what date yet though…… Well good Luck……you mention MCSA
> >> 2000 why not MCSA 2003 I thought 2003 would be better…..I going for
> >> the MCSA/MCSE Certification track after exam 70-270 only 4 very hard
> >> exams let….with Gods help I can do it
> >>
> >> I was doing some research and I was looking into this book I think it
> >> might help me cause I have no idea about windows server……..have
> >> you heard anything about it or anyone else has heard of it or if its
> >> good
> >>
> >> http://www.nerdbooks.com/item.php?id=0735620474
> >>
> >> thanks

> > The exams are not an educational track. They are targeted at
> > professionals who already have experience. You can learn a lot in the
> > process and probably pass the exams but they do not have the same
> > value if that's your only experience. So you should aim at the
> > platform you have the most experience on and not necessarily the
> > platform that's the newest and "shiniest".
> >
> > The administrative companion books are great reference for when you
> > are on the job and probably have some great information that would
> > help on the exam. However, they are not organized or targeted to exam
> > objectives. It might be a great extra material book but I wouldn't
> > depend on it. If you want a book that's a great read, try Minassi's
> > Mastering series from Sybex. For exam prep, stick with MS Press and
> > Sybex exam prep guides.
> >
> > If you think you're almost ready, go ahead and schedule the exam.
> > Nothing like a deadline to help focus your study.

> Unfortunatly, the only thing that you're going to be able to study from
> is the Windows Vista: Administrator's Pocketbook and the other Windows
> Vista book that was released that you can find on Amazon. Nothing for a
> beta exam is going to be published in book form because its beta. I'd
> personally just grab the voucher for the live exam and study from the
> book they put out for the upgrade exam.

Keith Chilton

Where I work our domain server is Windows 2000. I will probably move on to
studying Windows 2003 server after I'm done though. We just got 3 Windows
2003 server machines used for other things within in our organization. A
transition of our domain machine from 2000 -> 2003 might be a future project
for me. I am not sure of the advantages currently, but I'm sure they are
many. Right now I am wanting an alternate PDC machine to backup the Windows
2000 Server in case it were to blow up we'd still be ok. It's main functions
are DHCP Server, DNS Server and Active Directory User and Computer
Management. Not to mention being the host server for a critical business
function application.

"Angel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey Keith
> I haven't scheduled it yet I think I'm almost ready...I'm going review
> some more over the weekend and see if I take it the next week not sure
> what
> date yet though.. Well good Luck..you mention MCSA 2000 why not MCSA 2003
> thought 2003 would be better...I going for the MCSA/MCSE Certification
> track
> after exam 70-270 only 4 very hard exams let..with Gods help I can do it
>
> I was doing some research and I was looking into this book I think it
> might
> help me cause I have no idea about windows server....have you heard
> anything
> about it or anyone else has heard of it or if its good
>
> http://www.nerdbooks.com/item.php?id=0735620474
>
> thanks
> --
> Angel Perez
>
> A+, N+, MCP, MCDST
>

> "Keith Chilton" wrote:
>
>> Just scheduled my 70-270 test for next Friday morning (3/30)
>>
>> Should be ready to pass it and move onto my Windows 2000 Server books for
>> that MCSA 2000 certification i'm trying to obtain. Anybody else have
>> their
>> 270 scheduled? I know most of the material they went over in the book was
>> repetitive from the 271 and 272 books, BUT there was information there
>> that
>> wasn't contained in the MS press 271 and 272 books, so I guess that made
>> it
>> worth reading.
>>
>> --
>> Keith Chilton - MCDST, MCP
>> Data Services Technician
>> River Valley Financial Bank
>> 430 Clifty Drive
>> Madison, IN 47250
>> 812-273-4949 ext 348
>> Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
>>
>> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality
>> Footer****
>> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
>> you
>> are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
>> delivery
>> of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message
>> anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us
>> immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email
>> messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions,
>> conclusions
>> and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed
>> by
>> my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
>> representative independent of this message.

Keith Chilton

Just about here. I'm ready for the test baby!

I actually got bored and started reading my windows 2000 server books
already and knocked out a chapter already lol

XP is a great operating system by the way! I love learning about it but it's
time to move on towards my systems administrator cert!

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just scheduled my 70-270 test for next Friday morning (3/30)
>
> Should be ready to pass it and move onto my Windows 2000 Server books for
> that MCSA 2000 certification i'm trying to obtain. Anybody else have their
> 270 scheduled? I know most of the material they went over in the book was
> repetitive from the 271 and 272 books, BUT there was information there
> that wasn't contained in the MS press 271 and 272 books, so I guess that
> made it worth reading.
>
> --
> Keith Chilton - MCDST, MCP
> Data Services Technician
> River Valley Financial Bank
> 430 Clifty Drive
> Madison, IN 47250
> 812-273-4949 ext 348
> Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
>
> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality Footer****
> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
> you
> are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
> delivery
> of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message
> anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us
> immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email
> messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
> and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed
> by
> my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
> representative independent of this message.

Michael D. Alligood

Study hard. You have until March 30, 2008 to complete your MCSA 2000
certification.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,