Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Woohoo!!

Woohoo!!

Susan Leech

Just got back from passing my 70-272 and am now an MCDST!

With my background I was expecting this exam to be easier than the 271, but
in fact it seemed to be much harder, with a few questions which I thought
might have been more appropriate for a higher level certification. (maybe I
was just really unlucky with the questions they threw at me!)

My advice to those taking the 272 exam would be to not only make sure they
know the material for that exam, but also to take a last look through the
271 books as well (there is a lot of overlap) - and expect the unexpected!
If you get a question you think you can't answer straight away, stay calm,
and read through the question and suggested answers carefully (there's
plenty of time). You will usually find there are two choices which cannot
possibly be true, and two which may be a solution. If you really don't know
the correct answer, choose the one which makes more sense to you. Then
(provided you've not been given the adaptive test) mark the question for
review so you can go back to it at the end and make sure you are still happy
with your answer.

Hope this helps.

Good luck to everyone who is taking exams in the near future.

IT Girl MCDST

Angel

Congratulations.......... you did it ....................good
job................I tell when I passed the exam I was so happy I wanted to
scream.....I just wanted everyone to know that I was a MCDST......lol
--
Angel Perez

A+, N+, MCP, MCDST

"Susan Leech" wrote:

> Just got back from passing my 70-272 and am now an MCDST!
>
> With my background I was expecting this exam to be easier than the 271, but
> in fact it seemed to be much harder, with a few questions which I thought
> might have been more appropriate for a higher level certification. (maybe I
> was just really unlucky with the questions they threw at me!)
>
> My advice to those taking the 272 exam would be to not only make sure they
> know the material for that exam, but also to take a last look through the
> 271 books as well (there is a lot of overlap) - and expect the unexpected!
> If you get a question you think you can't answer straight away, stay calm,
> and read through the question and suggested answers carefully (there's
> plenty of time). You will usually find there are two choices which cannot
> possibly be true, and two which may be a solution. If you really don't know
> the correct answer, choose the one which makes more sense to you. Then
> (provided you've not been given the adaptive test) mark the question for
> review so you can go back to it at the end and make sure you are still happy
> with your answer.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Good luck to everyone who is taking exams in the near future.
>
> IT Girl MCDST

Michael D. Alligood

Congratulations and good job. Speaking with my students over the years,
a majority agreed that the hardest part of any exam is clicking the "END
EXAM" button. LOL. Good job. You are now added to the elite list of
MCDST!

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"Susan Leech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:euxa0#(E-Mail Removed):

> Just got back from passing my 70-272 and am now an MCDST!
>
> With my background I was expecting this exam to be easier than the 271, but
> in fact it seemed to be much harder, with a few questions which I thought
> might have been more appropriate for a higher level certification. (maybe I
> was just really unlucky with the questions they threw at me!)
>
> My advice to those taking the 272 exam would be to not only make sure they
> know the material for that exam, but also to take a last look through the
> 271 books as well (there is a lot of overlap) - and expect the unexpected!
> If you get a question you think you can't answer straight away, stay calm,
> and read through the question and suggested answers carefully (there's
> plenty of time). You will usually find there are two choices which cannot
> possibly be true, and two which may be a solution. If you really don't know
> the correct answer, choose the one which makes more sense to you. Then
> (provided you've not been given the adaptive test) mark the question for
> review so you can go back to it at the end and make sure you are still happy
> with your answer.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Good luck to everyone who is taking exams in the near future.
>
> IT Girl MCDST

Jason Johnson

Congrats IT Girl, I'm hoping that my results will be just as good lol......I
need to schedule the test tho lol that might increase my chances.

> "Susan Leech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:euxa0#(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Just got back from passing my 70-272 and am now an MCDST!
>>
>> With my background I was expecting this exam to be easier than the 271,
>> but
>> in fact it seemed to be much harder, with a few questions which I thought
>> might have been more appropriate for a higher level certification. (maybe
>> was just really unlucky with the questions they threw at me!)
>>
>> My advice to those taking the 272 exam would be to not only make sure
>> they
>> know the material for that exam, but also to take a last look through the
>> 271 books as well (there is a lot of overlap) - and expect the
>> unexpected!
>> If you get a question you think you can't answer straight away, stay
>> calm,
>> and read through the question and suggested answers carefully (there's
>> plenty of time). You will usually find there are two choices which
>> cannot
>> possibly be true, and two which may be a solution. If you really don't
>> know
>> the correct answer, choose the one which makes more sense to you. Then
>> (provided you've not been given the adaptive test) mark the question for
>> review so you can go back to it at the end and make sure you are still
>> happy
>> with your answer.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Good luck to everyone who is taking exams in the near future.
>>
>> IT Girl MCDST

Michael D. Alligood

It will increase your chances of passing by 50%.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

news(E-Mail Removed):