Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Windows 2K Domain Server and XP Clients

Windows 2K Domain Server and XP Clients

Keith Chilton

I have a question about the GP offered by Windows 2000 Server. There are
many settings that XP has in it's GP that are not found in win2k server, one
of which is the Windows Firewall. I would like to upgrade our win2k server
GP editor to include all those found in XP as well. I have researched it for
about 30 mins now and thought maybe if somebody knew here that could help me
save some time on it. I would definitely like to be able to manage all the
settings for my XP users from my windows 2000 server PDC. Any help would be
appreciated. It would also be nice to retain our current GP settings if this
upgrade is possible.

Thanks,
Keith

--
Keith Chilton, MCP
Data Services Technician

messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
representative independent of this message.

Keith Chilton

This may be the answer.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...winxp.mspx#EWH

Not sure if that is talking about Windows 2000 Server or Windows 2000
Professional though when it mentions Windows 2000. hmmmmm

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a question about the GP offered by Windows 2000 Server. There are
>many settings that XP has in it's GP that are not found in win2k server,
>one of which is the Windows Firewall. I would like to upgrade our win2k
>server GP editor to include all those found in XP as well. I have
>researched it for about 30 mins now and thought maybe if somebody knew here
>that could help me save some time on it. I would definitely like to be able
>to manage all the settings for my XP users from my windows 2000 server PDC.
>Any help would be appreciated. It would also be nice to retain our current
>GP settings if this upgrade is possible.
>
> Thanks,
> Keith
>
> --
> Keith Chilton, MCP
> Data Services Technician
> River Valley Financial Bank
> 430 Clifty Drive
> Madison, IN 47250
> 812-273-4949 ext 348
> Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
>
> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality Footer****
> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
> you
> are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
> delivery
> of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message
> anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us
> immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email
> messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
> and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed
> by
> my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
> representative independent of this message.

Keith Chilton

ok duh it's talking about windows 2000 server. I should have started reading
at the beginning instead of the middle lol

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> This may be the answer.
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...winxp.mspx#EWH
>
> Not sure if that is talking about Windows 2000 Server or Windows 2000
> Professional though when it mentions Windows 2000. hmmmmm
>

> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:O%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have a question about the GP offered by Windows 2000 Server. There are
>>many settings that XP has in it's GP that are not found in win2k server,
>>one of which is the Windows Firewall. I would like to upgrade our win2k
>>server GP editor to include all those found in XP as well. I have
>>researched it for about 30 mins now and thought maybe if somebody knew
>>here that could help me save some time on it. I would definitely like to
>>be able to manage all the settings for my XP users from my windows 2000
>>server PDC. Any help would be appreciated. It would also be nice to retain
>>our current GP settings if this upgrade is possible.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Keith
>>
>> --
>> Keith Chilton, MCP
>> Data Services Technician
>> River Valley Financial Bank
>> 430 Clifty Drive
>> Madison, IN 47250
>> 812-273-4949 ext 348
>> Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
>>
>> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality
>> Footer****
>> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
>> you
>> are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
>> delivery
>> of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message
>> anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us
>> immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email
>> messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions,
>> conclusions
>> and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed
>> by
>> my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
>> representative independent of this message.

Michael D. Alligood

lol. One of those days huh?

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed):

> ok duh it's talking about windows 2000 server. I should have started reading
> at the beginning instead of the middle lol
>
> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > This may be the answer.
> > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...winxp.mspx#EWH
> >
> > Not sure if that is talking about Windows 2000 Server or Windows 2000
> > Professional though when it mentions Windows 2000. hmmmmm
> >

> > "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:O%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>I have a question about the GP offered by Windows 2000 Server. There are
> >>many settings that XP has in it's GP that are not found in win2k server,
> >>one of which is the Windows Firewall. I would like to upgrade our win2k
> >>server GP editor to include all those found in XP as well. I have
> >>researched it for about 30 mins now and thought maybe if somebody knew
> >>here that could help me save some time on it. I would definitely like to
> >>be able to manage all the settings for my XP users from my windows 2000
> >>server PDC. Any help would be appreciated. It would also be nice to retain
> >>our current GP settings if this upgrade is possible.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Keith
> >>
> >> --
> >> Keith Chilton, MCP
> >> Data Services Technician
> >> River Valley Financial Bank
> >> 430 Clifty Drive
> >> Madison, IN 47250
> >> 812-273-4949 ext 348
> >> Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
> >>
> >> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality
> >> Footer****
> >> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
> >> you
> >> are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
> >> delivery
> >> of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message
> >> anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us
> >> immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email
> >> messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions,
> >> conclusions
> >> and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed
> >> by
> >> my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
> >> representative independent of this message.

Keith Chilton

Yep got one thing crossed off my list and added 3 more (literally) lol

news:(E-Mail Removed)...