Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > 271 Evaluation Software

271 Evaluation Software

Star

Hi, I'm relatively new to this newsgroup and have a question I hope someone
can help me with. I am currently studying for the 70-271 exam. I am
running XP Home, and plan on installing the XP Pro software that came with
the MS Press book. Is it going to be a PIA to uninstall it when the
evaluation period (180) days is over? Are there other software concerns that
I should be aware of? Will I have to reactivate XP Home when I uninstall
Pro? I'm really a little nervous about this. Debating whether to buy the
upgrade to XP Pro so I don't have to go through any changes. Any input would
be appreciated. Thanks.

--
Star

Slave

Star,

If your PC has plenty of memory maybe look at Virtual PC which is very handy

Good Luck

"Star" wrote:

> Hi, I'm relatively new to this newsgroup and have a question I hope someone
> can help me with. I am currently studying for the 70-271 exam. I am
> running XP Home, and plan on installing the XP Pro software that came with
> the MS Press book. Is it going to be a PIA to uninstall it when the
> evaluation period (180) days is over? Are there other software concerns that
> I should be aware of? Will I have to reactivate XP Home when I uninstall
> Pro? I'm really a little nervous about this. Debating whether to buy the
> upgrade to XP Pro so I don't have to go through any changes. Any input would
> be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> --
> Star

AJR

In the past although 180 days was listed as the evaluation period it was
actual only 30 days - check!

"Star" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I'm relatively new to this newsgroup and have a question I hope
> someone
> can help me with. I am currently studying for the 70-271 exam. I am
> running XP Home, and plan on installing the XP Pro software that came with
> the MS Press book. Is it going to be a PIA to uninstall it when the
> evaluation period (180) days is over? Are there other software concerns
> that
> I should be aware of? Will I have to reactivate XP Home when I uninstall
> Pro? I'm really a little nervous about this. Debating whether to buy the
> upgrade to XP Pro so I don't have to go through any changes. Any input
> would
> be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> --
> Star

Michael D. Alligood

As Slave said, use Virtual PC. It can be downloaded at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...c/default.mspx.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"Star" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi, I'm relatively new to this newsgroup and have a question I hope someone
> can help me with. I am currently studying for the 70-271 exam. I am
> running XP Home, and plan on installing the XP Pro software that came with
> the MS Press book. Is it going to be a PIA to uninstall it when the
> evaluation period (180) days is over? Are there other software concerns that
> I should be aware of? Will I have to reactivate XP Home when I uninstall
> Pro? I'm really a little nervous about this. Debating whether to buy the
> upgrade to XP Pro so I don't have to go through any changes. Any input would
> be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> --
> Star

Star

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. This board rocks!
--
Star