Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > DST update Windows 2k

DST update Windows 2k

Matt

I was hoping that one of you great people out there have run across this
issue. I have not had any luck with the Win2k DST update working. No big deal
don't have many 2k boxes out there any longer. So I have been telling the end
users to remove the check from auto adjust time and change the time manually.
Great but it goes back to the incorrect time. Has anyone had this issue and
if so gotten it fixed. This is really driving me nutz.
Thanks in advance.
--
Matt
A+, MCP, and MCDST

Matt

Well I think that I figured it out. I changed the time zone from Central
which I'm in to a different one and applied the changes. Closed the clock
settings and then opened it back up and set the time zone back to Central and
the clock changed to the correct time. Applied closed and the clock has not
changed.
--
Matt
A+, MCP, and MCDST

"Matt" wrote:

> I was hoping that one of you great people out there have run across this
> issue. I have not had any luck with the Win2k DST update working. No big deal
> don't have many 2k boxes out there any longer. So I have been telling the end
> users to remove the check from auto adjust time and change the time manually.
> Great but it goes back to the incorrect time. Has anyone had this issue and
> if so gotten it fixed. This is really driving me nutz.
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Matt
> A+, MCP, and MCDST

Keith Chilton

Once you've applied the update for the time zone via TZEDIT you need to
select a different time zone press apply, and then go back to your original
time zone and press OK. You'll be ok after that because you "refreshed" your
time zone configurations. I did it 3 times today on 3 of our Windows 2000
Servers. So I am guessing it's the same for Win2k professional.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was hoping that one of you great people out there have run across this
> issue. I have not had any luck with the Win2k DST update working. No big
> deal
> don't have many 2k boxes out there any longer. So I have been telling the
> end
> users to remove the check from auto adjust time and change the time
> manually.
> Great but it goes back to the incorrect time. Has anyone had this issue
> and
> if so gotten it fixed. This is really driving me nutz.
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Matt
> A+, MCP, and MCDST

Keith Chilton

Matt,

Ha your solution beat mine to the newsgroup. But I posted it before i saw
your solution i swear lol

Anyways, if you need any help with windows 98 i was able to get that to work
also, but not by using TZEDIT

Keith

news:(E-Mail Removed)...