Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > 70-271 exam

70-271 exam

Nick Kuschmann

Hi,

My name is Nick Kuschmann, and I am in the process of studying for the
70-271 exam. I went to pc productivity schools and was wondering if anyone
had any suggestions of where to hit really hard chapter wise in the official
academic course book, supporting users and troubleshooting a microsoft
windows xp operating system, and what free resources i can use that will be
extremely beneficial.

Robyn

I took my 70 271 3 weeks ago (and passed ... phew!) It was quite heavy on
the networking side of it - basically thou i felt it was a good balance all
in all of the chapters. Was surprised how much I got on printers/hardware
to be honest and permissions kept popping up to - basically read everything
in the further reading section of exam prep - i found it a killer but it all
helped and google always a good one to fall back on. I used microsoft press
readiness cd and transcenders also and i think they really helped although
they arent free obviously.

The exam was 61 questions (they chucked a few trial questions in that didnt
count but they dont let you know which ones).
Wishing you lots of luck Nick.
Robyn

"Nick Kuschmann" <Nick http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> My name is Nick Kuschmann, and I am in the process of studying for the
> 70-271 exam. I went to pc productivity schools and was wondering if anyone
> had any suggestions of where to hit really hard chapter wise in the
> official
> academic course book, supporting users and troubleshooting a microsoft
> windows xp operating system, and what free resources i can use that will
> be
> extremely beneficial.

Nick Kuschmann

Well I told you what book I had, I dont know if it had anything about further
reading in it, but I think I have the microsoft press readiness suite cd that
came with the book. I guess I will keep reading the entire book over again.

Robyn

the further reading is part of the exam prep. at the beginning of each set
of trial questions at the back of the book, there is a page of online
information. You do need to plough through the book unfortunately - I dont
think there is a short cut you could take unless your an absolute whizz.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...