Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > New to newsgroups

Reply
Thread Tools

New to newsgroups

 
 
Robyn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-10-2007
Hi, am new to newsgroups and have just discovered them as chapter 4 in 70
272 training manual. Its amazed me to see how its taken on board by you
guys - I am doing MSCA course through Advent Training company - its self
paced distance learning with support in that each module has a two day
workshop in Brum - each time they tell us to strike up friendships with our
fellow students but no-one ever seems eager to open up. Its great to see
huge lists of likeminded people and i think logging into the newsgroup will
become a regular event from now on.
Good luck with your studies all you out there and no doubt be picking your
brains very soon.
Robyn


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Michael D. Alligood
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-10-2007
Welcome. Good luck with your studies. We are here to help if needed.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
CIW Certified Instructor

http://yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom



"Robyn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e5P$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi, am new to newsgroups and have just discovered them as chapter 4 in 70
> 272 training manual. Its amazed me to see how its taken on board by you
> guys - I am doing MSCA course through Advent Training company - its self
> paced distance learning with support in that each module has a two day
> workshop in Brum - each time they tell us to strike up friendships with our
> fellow students but no-one ever seems eager to open up. Its great to see
> huge lists of likeminded people and i think logging into the newsgroup will
> become a regular event from now on.
> Good luck with your studies all you out there and no doubt be picking your
> brains very soon.
> Robyn


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Robyn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-11-2007
Im from Bedford Shirely not Birmingham. My workshops are at Hagley Hall
(stables) not as grand as I had looked forward to LOL but the trainers give
good support and are always only a phone call away should i need them. Am
down there for 70 272 workshop on the 14th/15th April. I take it your
already working in the IT industry - what do u do?

Robyn
"TheITGirl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Robyn
>
> Which part of Birmingham are you from? I am from Shirley, Solihull. Looks
> like we may be near neighbours (assuming that's Birmingham, UK and not
> Birmingham, Alabama of course!)
>
> IT Girl
>
>
> "Robyn" wrote:
>
>> Hi, am new to newsgroups and have just discovered them as chapter 4 in 70
>> 272 training manual. Its amazed me to see how its taken on board by you
>> guys - I am doing MSCA course through Advent Training company - its self
>> paced distance learning with support in that each module has a two day
>> workshop in Brum - each time they tell us to strike up friendships with
>> our
>> fellow students but no-one ever seems eager to open up. Its great to see
>> huge lists of likeminded people and i think logging into the newsgroup
>> will
>> become a regular event from now on.
>> Good luck with your studies all you out there and no doubt be picking
>> your
>> brains very soon.
>> Robyn
>>
>>
>>



 
Reply With Quote
 
TheITGirl
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-11-2007


"Robyn" wrote:

> Im from Bedford Shirely not Birmingham. My workshops are at Hagley Hall
> (stables) not as grand as I had looked forward to LOL but the trainers give
> good support and are always only a phone call away should i need them. Am
> down there for 70 272 workshop on the 14th/15th April. I take it your
> already working in the IT industry - what do u do?
>
> Robyn


Hi Robyn

I haven't been working in IT that long - about 18 months. I worked as a
legal secretary for over 20 years, but decided I fancied a career change to
IT. I am currently working as a DST for a fantastic law firm in Solihull and
am loving every minute of it!

Here's wishing you all the best in your new career!

IT Girl
 
Reply With Quote
 
Michael D. Alligood
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-11-2007
I taught for a Computer Learning Company for 3 years, so I have heard
the "career changer" stories. I have taught everyone from a plumber, to
secretary, to even a stripper -- that was a fun class So I know the
mindset of you guys. I have seen the good and the bad of learning a
whole different trade after spending half your professional life doing
something else. Good luck to both of you, and those who are in similar
situations.

If you need any advice or help, just let me know.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
CIW Certified Instructor

http://yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom



"TheITGirl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "Robyn" wrote:
>
> > Im from Bedford Shirely not Birmingham. My workshops are at Hagley Hall
> > (stables) not as grand as I had looked forward to LOL but the trainers give
> > good support and are always only a phone call away should i need them. Am
> > down there for 70 272 workshop on the 14th/15th April. I take it your
> > already working in the IT industry - what do u do?
> >
> > Robyn

>
> Hi Robyn
>
> I haven't been working in IT that long - about 18 months. I worked as a
> legal secretary for over 20 years, but decided I fancied a career change to
> IT. I am currently working as a DST for a fantastic law firm in Solihull and
> am loving every minute of it!
>
> Here's wishing you all the best in your new career!
>
> IT Girl


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
death of newsgroups (Microsoft closing their newsgroups) Xah Lee Python 7 07-17-2010 05:31 PM
OT: New Newsgroups Briscobar MCSE 41 07-02-2005 06:55 AM
how to get new newsgroups using Outlook Express Larry Smith Computer Support 4 08-05-2003 10:07 PM
creating new newsgroups.. jandali2003 Computer Support 1 07-22-2003 03:28 AM
Please help - new to newsgroups rooboy jake Computer Support 9 07-12-2003 03:17 AM



Advertisments