Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > MCDST 271 & 272 exams, a couple of questions from a newbie.

MCDST 271 & 272 exams, a couple of questions from a newbie.

Mark

Hi,

I'm new to this board, so forgive me if these questions have been asked
before.

I already work on an IT helpdesk, supporting mainly XP, and thought it would
be a good idea to get an exam qualification under my belt.

Is it possible to do the exams using the books available, which I have seen
for sale on Amazon, without doing the CBT or classroom courses?

The reason I ask this is because I doubt my company will pay for the courses
and so I will have to fund myself.

What kind of timescale does it take to pass the exams?

--
Regards
Mark

Richard

Hello Mark
Read thru many of the posts here and you will have your answers and more.
For example see the thread dated 3/4 "passed my 70-271 today!!!"
specifically Lisa's post 3/4 at 10:19 pm.

> What kind of timescale does it take to pass the exams?

That's a subjective question, it really depends on you, how much you already
know
and how well you learn the material.

Richard

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this board, so forgive me if these questions have been asked
> before.
>
> I already work on an IT helpdesk, supporting mainly XP, and thought it
> would
> be a good idea to get an exam qualification under my belt.
>
> Is it possible to do the exams using the books available, which I have
> seen
> for sale on Amazon, without doing the CBT or classroom courses?
>
> The reason I ask this is because I doubt my company will pay for the
> courses
> and so I will have to fund myself.
>
> What kind of timescale does it take to pass the exams?
>
> --
> Regards
> Mark

Mark

Forgot to metion the books I have found.

MCDST: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician Study Guide (Exams 70
- 271 and 70 - 272) (Hardcover)

MCDST Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-271): Supporting Users and
Troubleshooting a Microsoft® Windows® XP Operating System, Second Edition
MCDST Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-272): Supporting Users and
Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on Microsoft® Windows® XP, Second Edition

--
Regards
Mark

"Mark" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this board, so forgive me if these questions have been asked
> before.
>
> I already work on an IT helpdesk, supporting mainly XP, and thought it would
> be a good idea to get an exam qualification under my belt.
>
> Is it possible to do the exams using the books available, which I have seen
> for sale on Amazon, without doing the CBT or classroom courses?
>
> The reason I ask this is because I doubt my company will pay for the courses
> and so I will have to fund myself.
>
> What kind of timescale does it take to pass the exams?
>
> --
> Regards
> Mark

Jo

Mark:

I went with the Microsoft Press books and a buddy of mine lent me his
ExamCram2 books. This is what got me through the 70-271 test.
--
Motochick