Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > passed my 70-271 today!!!

passed my 70-271 today!!!

lisa

I've been reading all the posts in this group for the past month or so trying
to get a feel for how my first exam would go. I went this morning and passed
on the first try. I'm not very happy with the score, 783, but I'm just happy
to have passed. With it being my first cert exam ever, I was scared and
nervous. I didn't think I would pass. I went through the objective and
practice questions on the MS cd and I was barely passing the objectives and
not passing the practice ones at all ! The test was hard to me, not easy at
all. I was sweating bullets the whole time. I've been in the IT field for
about 6 years now and have not gotten the exposure to some of the subjects
covered.

Now, I get to begin the road to 70-272.

Harmen

Congratulaions!!

You did a good job!

Harmen
MCP, MCDST

"lisa" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've been reading all the posts in this group for the past month or so
> trying
> to get a feel for how my first exam would go. I went this morning and
> passed
> on the first try. I'm not very happy with the score, 783, but I'm just
> happy
> to have passed. With it being my first cert exam ever, I was scared and
> nervous. I didn't think I would pass. I went through the objective and
> practice questions on the MS cd and I was barely passing the objectives
> and
> not passing the practice ones at all ! The test was hard to me, not easy
> at
> all. I was sweating bullets the whole time. I've been in the IT field
> for
> about 6 years now and have not gotten the exposure to some of the subjects
> covered.
>
> Now, I get to begin the road to 70-272.

TheITGirl

"Harmen" wrote:

> Congratulaions!!
>
> You did a good job!
>
> Harmen
> MCP, MCDST
>
> "lisa" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've been reading all the posts in this group for the past month or so
> > trying
> > to get a feel for how my first exam would go. I went this morning and
> > passed
> > on the first try. I'm not very happy with the score, 783, but I'm just
> > happy
> > to have passed. With it being my first cert exam ever, I was scared and
> > nervous. I didn't think I would pass. I went through the objective and
> > practice questions on the MS cd and I was barely passing the objectives
> > and
> > not passing the practice ones at all ! The test was hard to me, not easy
> > at
> > all. I was sweating bullets the whole time. I've been in the IT field
> > for
> > about 6 years now and have not gotten the exposure to some of the subjects
> > covered.
> >
> > Now, I get to begin the road to 70-272.

Hi Lisa

Well done - don't beat yourself up over your score; it is perfectly
respectable!

Hopefully the 272 exam will be easier - there is a lot of overlap between
271 and 272.

Best wishes

IT Girl

Michael D. Alligood

Hey good job Lisa. Want to know what they call a person who passes this
exam with a 700? An MCP... Congratulations.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"TheITGirl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "Harmen" wrote:
>
> > Congratulaions!!
> >
> > You did a good job!
> >
> > Harmen
> > MCP, MCDST
> >
> > "lisa" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I've been reading all the posts in this group for the past month or so
> > > trying
> > > to get a feel for how my first exam would go. I went this morning and
> > > passed
> > > on the first try. I'm not very happy with the score, 783, but I'm just
> > > happy
> > > to have passed. With it being my first cert exam ever, I was scared and
> > > nervous. I didn't think I would pass. I went through the objective and
> > > practice questions on the MS cd and I was barely passing the objectives
> > > and
> > > not passing the practice ones at all ! The test was hard to me, not easy
> > > at
> > > all. I was sweating bullets the whole time. I've been in the IT field
> > > for
> > > about 6 years now and have not gotten the exposure to some of the subjects
> > > covered.
> > >
> > > Now, I get to begin the road to 70-272.

> Hi Lisa
>
> Well done - don't beat yourself up over your score; it is perfectly
> respectable!
>
> Hopefully the 272 exam will be easier - there is a lot of overlap between
> 271 and 272.
>
> Best wishes
>
> IT Girl

Jo

Lisa:

Congrats! I passed mine on Friday, so I know what you were feeling. And
yes "sweating bullets" was the correct terminology! I thought I was going to
have a stroke - my heart was pounding so hard that I thought it was going to
come through my chest. Wine does wonders!

Congrats again on your passing.
--
Motochick

"lisa" wrote:

> I've been reading all the posts in this group for the past month or so trying
> to get a feel for how my first exam would go. I went this morning and passed
> on the first try. I'm not very happy with the score, 783, but I'm just happy
> to have passed. With it being my first cert exam ever, I was scared and
> nervous. I didn't think I would pass. I went through the objective and
> practice questions on the MS cd and I was barely passing the objectives and
> not passing the practice ones at all ! The test was hard to me, not easy at
> all. I was sweating bullets the whole time. I've been in the IT field for
> about 6 years now and have not gotten the exposure to some of the subjects
> covered.
>
> Now, I get to begin the road to 70-272.

Richard

Congratulations!
Uh...you took the test on a Sunday? Really

Richard

"lisa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've been reading all the posts in this group for the past month or so
> trying
> to get a feel for how my first exam would go. I went this morning and
> passed
> on the first try. I'm not very happy with the score, 783, but I'm just
> happy
> to have passed. With it being my first cert exam ever, I was scared and
> nervous. I didn't think I would pass. I went through the objective and
> practice questions on the MS cd and I was barely passing the objectives
> and
> not passing the practice ones at all ! The test was hard to me, not easy
> at
> all. I was sweating bullets the whole time. I've been in the IT field
> for
> about 6 years now and have not gotten the exposure to some of the subjects
> covered.
>
> Now, I get to begin the road to 70-272.

lisa

yes. I'm grateful to have a location near me that has weekend test dates.
There's no way I could make time during the week.

Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback!

Lisa

"Richard" wrote:

> Congratulations!
> Uh...you took the test on a Sunday? Really
>
> Richard
>

> "lisa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've been reading all the posts in this group for the past month or so
> > trying
> > to get a feel for how my first exam would go. I went this morning and
> > passed
> > on the first try. I'm not very happy with the score, 783, but I'm just
> > happy
> > to have passed. With it being my first cert exam ever, I was scared and
> > nervous. I didn't think I would pass. I went through the objective and
> > practice questions on the MS cd and I was barely passing the objectives
> > and
> > not passing the practice ones at all ! The test was hard to me, not easy
> > at
> > all. I was sweating bullets the whole time. I've been in the IT field
> > for
> > about 6 years now and have not gotten the exposure to some of the subjects
> > covered.
> >
> > Now, I get to begin the road to 70-272.

Need help on MCP certification test

Good day:
Congratulations Lisa !

I am planning to take the 271 exam this week (or maybe next). Have not been
comfortable with my scoring on the Press CD Practice Exams so your post is
interesting to me. Did you use only the Press book CD, or did you use
additional tests for study? Also, would you say there a lot of, or many,
questions that you did not see on the CD?

I'm leaning toward working to score well on the Press CD and not even
bothering with using supplemental exams from 3rd party companies. Bill

"lisa" wrote:

> I've been reading all the posts in this group for the past month or so trying
> to get a feel for how my first exam would go. I went this morning and passed
> on the first try. I'm not very happy with the score, 783, but I'm just happy
> to have passed. With it being my first cert exam ever, I was scared and
> nervous. I didn't think I would pass. I went through the objective and
> practice questions on the MS cd and I was barely passing the objectives and
> not passing the practice ones at all ! The test was hard to me, not easy at
> all. I was sweating bullets the whole time. I've been in the IT field for
> about 6 years now and have not gotten the exposure to some of the subjects
> covered.
>
> Now, I get to begin the road to 70-272.

lisa

I started out using the Sybex book and was wondering "is that it?" after I
finished the 271 portion. Then, I started reading this forum and not too
many people had anything good to say about the Sybex book so I started
getting nervous. I then purchased the Microsoft self-paced training book and
boy was I glad I did. I took a sample test of questions from the MS cd and
realized I was not prepared at all. I had already scheduled my exam after
the Sybex book and I quickly cancelled it after opening the MS book. I did
not use any other 3rd party tests, didn't want to spend any more money than I
had.

After all the posts I've seen on other subjects concerning the
non-disclosure agreement, I'm not sure I can answer your question about the
questions on the test. I think it's safe to say that if you use the MS book
and you score fairly well on the practice questions you'll do well on the
test. Like I said, I was doing well on the objective and terrible on the
practice questions and I passed. Difficulty-wise, I'd say the test questions
are at the level of the practice questions, not the objective questions on
the cd. I hope this makes sense.

Lisa

"Need help on MCP certification test" wrote:

> Good day:
> Congratulations Lisa !
>
> I am planning to take the 271 exam this week (or maybe next). Have not been
> comfortable with my scoring on the Press CD Practice Exams so your post is
> interesting to me. Did you use only the Press book CD, or did you use
> additional tests for study? Also, would you say there a lot of, or many,
> questions that you did not see on the CD?
>
> I'm leaning toward working to score well on the Press CD and not even
> bothering with using supplemental exams from 3rd party companies. Bill
>

> "lisa" wrote:
>
> > I've been reading all the posts in this group for the past month or so trying
> > to get a feel for how my first exam would go. I went this morning and passed
> > on the first try. I'm not very happy with the score, 783, but I'm just happy
> > to have passed. With it being my first cert exam ever, I was scared and
> > nervous. I didn't think I would pass. I went through the objective and
> > practice questions on the MS cd and I was barely passing the objectives and
> > not passing the practice ones at all ! The test was hard to me, not easy at
> > all. I was sweating bullets the whole time. I've been in the IT field for
> > about 6 years now and have not gotten the exposure to some of the subjects
> > covered.
> >
> > Now, I get to begin the road to 70-272.

Need help on MCP certification test

Good day:

Yes Lisa, you have made a lot of sense. Although, it seems you also have
become conditioned to be fearful of the NDA. The NDA is meant to keep people
from doing a "brain dump" of specific questions and answers.

You wrote "do fairly well on the practise questions," what do you consider
to be doing "fairly well" on the practice questions? In other words, can one
be as low as say 60-65% on the practice questions, and be encouraged to sit
for the exam at the level of scoring? Am wondering if I should sit now or
continue to study?

By the way, considering how so many are so afraid of the NDA, I submit the
following question: has anyone noticed that Hollywood has yet to release a
movie setting forth the details regarding the 1917 Bolshevik Revoution and
the rise of Communism in Russia?

How many people realize that Russian Communism was an "enterprise of
Capitalism" and financed out of New York? The details surrounding the leaders
that exported Communism to Russia by way of Bolshevism, are too shocking for
most people and therefore no one is willing to expose them on film. Ponder
the term that Lenine used for those that followed the leaders of Bolshvism,
Lenine called the followers the "useful idiots." But that's a matter for a
different discussion group. Bill