Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > 271 Exam = MCP?

271 Exam = MCP?

Need help on MCP certification test

Good day:
It seems I saw a post that indicated that passing the 271 exam (only) will
qualify for the MCP designation. The fruit of my conversation with Microsoft
rejects that idea. Micro. says both 271 and 271 need to be taken and passed
for the MCP. Does anyone have more information on this subject? Bill

Angel

Good Day Bill

Any Microsoft exam makes you MCP.... but some exams give you a title like to
be MCDST you have to pass 70-271 and 70-272 that makes you MCDST. but as
soon as you take one you already a MCP

"Need help on MCP certification test"
<(E-Mail Removed) oft.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Good day:
> It seems I saw a post that indicated that passing the 271 exam (only) will
> qualify for the MCP designation. The fruit of my conversation with

Microsoft
> rejects that idea. Micro. says both 271 and 271 need to be taken and

passed
> for the MCP. Does anyone have more information on this subject? Bill

Need help on MCP certification test

Good day;

Are you certain that one needs both exams, do you say this from your own
experience? Who do you know that has "officially" received the MCP
designation from Microsoft having passed only exam 271. The MCP desk is
telling me that in this case one needs both 271 and 272. Bill

"Angel" wrote:

> Good Day Bill
>
> Any Microsoft exam makes you MCP.... but some exams give you a title like to
> be MCDST you have to pass 70-271 and 70-272 that makes you MCDST. but as
> soon as you take one you already a MCP
>

> "Need help on MCP certification test"
> <(E-Mail Removed) oft.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Good day:
> > It seems I saw a post that indicated that passing the 271 exam (only) will
> > qualify for the MCP designation. The fruit of my conversation with

> Microsoft
> > rejects that idea. Micro. says both 271 and 271 need to be taken and

> passed
> > for the MCP. Does anyone have more information on this subject? Bill

Angel

yes I'm Certain heres information on it
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx

"Need help on MCP certification test"
<(E-Mail Removed) oft.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Good day;
>
> Are you certain that one needs both exams, do you say this from your own
> experience? Who do you know that has "officially" received the MCP
> designation from Microsoft having passed only exam 271. The MCP desk is
> telling me that in this case one needs both 271 and 272. Bill
>

> "Angel" wrote:
>
> > Good Day Bill
> >
> > Any Microsoft exam makes you MCP.... but some exams give you a title

like to
> > be MCDST you have to pass 70-271 and 70-272 that makes you MCDST. but as
> > soon as you take one you already a MCP
> >

> > "Need help on MCP certification test"
> > <(E-Mail Removed) oft.com> wrote in

message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Good day:
> > > It seems I saw a post that indicated that passing the 271 exam (only)

will
> > > qualify for the MCP designation. The fruit of my conversation with

> > Microsoft
> > > rejects that idea. Micro. says both 271 and 271 need to be taken and

> > passed
> > > for the MCP. Does anyone have more information on this subject? Bill

Michael D. Alligood

Also check out http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-271.mspx; look
under Credits Toward Certification heading.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"Angel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e#(E-Mail Removed):

> yes I'm Certain heres information on it
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx
>
> "Need help on MCP certification test"
> <(E-Mail Removed) oft.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Good day;
> >
> > Are you certain that one needs both exams, do you say this from your own
> > experience? Who do you know that has "officially" received the MCP
> > designation from Microsoft having passed only exam 271. The MCP desk is
> > telling me that in this case one needs both 271 and 272. Bill
> >

> > "Angel" wrote:
> >
> > > Good Day Bill
> > >
> > > Any Microsoft exam makes you MCP.... but some exams give you a title

> like to
> > > be MCDST you have to pass 70-271 and 70-272 that makes you MCDST. but as
> > > soon as you take one you already a MCP
> > >

> > > "Need help on MCP certification test"
> > > <(E-Mail Removed) oft.com> wrote in

> message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> will
> > > Microsoft
> > > passed

Need help on MCP certification test

Good day:

I checked out the web pages and agree that passing the 271 exam will qualify
for the MCP certiification. Thank you, Bill

"Michael D. Alligood" wrote:

> Also check out http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-271.mspx; look
> under Credits Toward Certification heading.
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor

> "Angel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e#(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > yes I'm Certain heres information on it
> > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx
> >
> > "Need help on MCP certification test"
> > <(E-Mail Removed) oft.com> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Good day;
> > >
> > > Are you certain that one needs both exams, do you say this from your own
> > > experience? Who do you know that has "officially" received the MCP
> > > designation from Microsoft having passed only exam 271. The MCP desk is
> > > telling me that in this case one needs both 271 and 272. Bill

> > like to

> > message

> > will

dale

certainly does qualify you as an mcp, passed 271 about 4 weeks ago and got
all my mcp goodies through yesturday!

dale