Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > I think i need some help from you guys on this one....

I think i need some help from you guys on this one....

Keith Chilton

I have a user with the following error. I can not figure out how to get us
past this problem. It appears to be DNS oriented. Nobody in the organization
can access this site either... www.jamesbaker.com We can go to the site,
login with our user names but we can't download PDF reports. (error message
below). I tried on my PC, on others, on different versions of IE , Oper
Systems.. same result. Our DNS Server is on a Windows 2000 Server. I went to
its settings and went to Cached Names and deleted the James Baker entry
there. Still the same result. The company hosting this website claims no
other clients are complaining about problems... so i'm not sure what to
do... I hate posting this the day after I get my MCDST but i'll swallow my
pride i dont care. We need those PDF files for a deadline coming up...

Not Found
The requested URL /cgi-bin/downloadbgfile.cgi was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.linkic.net Port 80

Keith Chilton

Never mind got it fixed. Had 3 forwarders in my DNS list on the DNS Server..
just had to move one up the list over top of another. I guess the other one
has something wrong with it's lookups or something even though it was doing
fine for every other website.

--
Keith Chilton - Data Services Technician / Proof Operator
River Valley Financial Bank

Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730

messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Any opinions or advice
contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions in any
applicable client engagement letter or agreement.

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have a user with the following error. I can not figure out how to get us
> past this problem. It appears to be DNS oriented. Nobody in the
> organization can access this site either... www.jamesbaker.com We can go
> to the site, login with our user names but we can't download PDF reports.
> (error message below). I tried on my PC, on others, on different versions
> of IE , Oper Systems.. same result. Our DNS Server is on a Windows 2000
> Server. I went to its settings and went to Cached Names and deleted the
> James Baker entry there. Still the same result. The company hosting this
> website claims no other clients are complaining about problems... so i'm
> not sure what to do... I hate posting this the day after I get my MCDST
> but i'll swallow my pride i dont care. We need those PDF files for a
> deadline coming up...
>
> Not Found
> The requested URL /cgi-bin/downloadbgfile.cgi was not found on this
> server.

> Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.linkic.net Port 80

Keith Chilton

No wait i need help again . lol I did a manual configuration using that DNS
server and it was ok but when i went back to DHCP automatic configuration
now it's not working again ... argh I even removed that original DNS server
entirely from our DNS server.. so that cant be the problem ... hmm help
anyone?

--
Keith Chilton - Data Services Technician / Proof Operator
River Valley Financial Bank
430 Clifty Drive
Madison, IN 47250

Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730

messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Any opinions or advice
contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions in any
applicable client engagement letter or agreement.

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Never mind got it fixed. Had 3 forwarders in my DNS list on the DNS
> Server.. just had to move one up the list over top of another. I guess the
> other one has something wrong with it's lookups or something even though
> it was doing fine for every other website.
>
> --
> Keith Chilton - Data Services Technician / Proof Operator
> River Valley Financial Bank
> 430 Clifty Drive
> Madison, IN 47250
>
> Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
>
> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality Footer****
>
> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
> you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
> delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this
> message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and
> notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to
> Internet email messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Any
> opinions or advice contained in this email are subject to the terms and
> conditions in any applicable client engagement letter or agreement.
>
> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> I have a user with the following error. I can not figure out how to get
>> us past this problem. It appears to be DNS oriented. Nobody in the
>> organization can access this site either... www.jamesbaker.com We can go
>> to the site, login with our user names but we can't download PDF reports.
>> (error message below). I tried on my PC, on others, on different versions
>> of IE , Oper Systems.. same result. Our DNS Server is on a Windows 2000
>> Server. I went to its settings and went to Cached Names and deleted the
>> James Baker entry there. Still the same result. The company hosting this
>> website claims no other clients are complaining about problems... so i'm
>> not sure what to do... I hate posting this the day after I get my MCDST
>> but i'll swallow my pride i dont care. We need those PDF files for a
>> deadline coming up...
>>
>> Not Found
>> The requested URL /cgi-bin/downloadbgfile.cgi was not found on this
>> server.

>> Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.linkic.net Port 80

Keith Chilton

well it's not that DNS servers fault after all... it has to be something to
do with DHCP .. i tried all the DNS servers in our lookup with statically
assigned DNS names.. I can access those PDF reports fine.. however when i
use DHCP it gives me this error...

What would cause this to all of a sudden start happening and what is going
with my DHCP server to make it spit out this error message?

--
Keith Chilton - Data Services Technician / Proof Operator
River Valley Financial Bank
430 Clifty Drive
Madison, IN 47250

Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730

messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Any opinions or advice
contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions in any
applicable client engagement letter or agreement.

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Never mind got it fixed. Had 3 forwarders in my DNS list on the DNS
> Server.. just had to move one up the list over top of another. I guess the
> other one has something wrong with it's lookups or something even though
> it was doing fine for every other website.
>
> --
> Keith Chilton - Data Services Technician / Proof Operator
> River Valley Financial Bank
> 430 Clifty Drive
> Madison, IN 47250
>
> Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
>
> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality Footer****
>
> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
> you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
> delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this
> message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and
> notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to
> Internet email messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Any
> opinions or advice contained in this email are subject to the terms and
> conditions in any applicable client engagement letter or agreement.
>
> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> I have a user with the following error. I can not figure out how to get
>> us past this problem. It appears to be DNS oriented. Nobody in the
>> organization can access this site either... www.jamesbaker.com We can go
>> to the site, login with our user names but we can't download PDF reports.
>> (error message below). I tried on my PC, on others, on different versions
>> of IE , Oper Systems.. same result. Our DNS Server is on a Windows 2000
>> Server. I went to its settings and went to Cached Names and deleted the
>> James Baker entry there. Still the same result. The company hosting this
>> website claims no other clients are complaining about problems... so i'm
>> not sure what to do... I hate posting this the day after I get my MCDST
>> but i'll swallow my pride i dont care. We need those PDF files for a
>> deadline coming up...
>>
>> Not Found
>> The requested URL /cgi-bin/downloadbgfile.cgi was not found on this
>> server.

>> Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.linkic.net Port 80

Keith Chilton

Any ideas on what the problem is? Why is having DHCP configuration on this
PC causing problems for this one website? When it's statically set it's
fine....
I tried 3 different DNS servers for statically setting it. The PC goes off
of a DHCP and DNS Server on a Windows 2000 Server PC.

help!

> [...]
>>> us past this problem. It appears to be DNS oriented. Nobody in the
>>> organization can access this site either... www.jamesbaker.com We can go
>>> to the site, login with our user names but we can't download PDF
>>> reports. (error message below). I tried on my PC, on others, on
>>> different versions of IE , Oper Systems.. same result. Our DNS Server is
>>> on a Windows 2000 Server. I went to its settings and went to Cached
>>> Names and deleted the James Baker entry there. Still the same result.
>>> The company hosting this website claims no other clients are complaining
>>> about problems... so i'm not sure what to do... I hate posting this the
>>> day after I get my MCDST but i'll swallow my pride i dont care. We need
>>> those PDF files for a deadline coming up...
>>>
>>> Not Found
>>> The requested URL /cgi-bin/downloadbgfile.cgi was not found on this

Jeff

On a client, try ipconfig /flushdns

> [...]
>>> 430 Clifty Drive
>>> Madison, IN 47250
>>>
>>> Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
>>>
>>> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality
>>> Footer****
>>>
>>> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
>>> you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
>>> delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver
>>> this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message,
>>> and notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to
>>> Internet email messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Any
>>> opinions or advice contained in this email are subject to the terms and
>>> conditions in any applicable client engagement letter or agreement.
>>>
>>> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

Michael D. Alligood

What DNS addresses do you have configured in your DHCP scope?

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

> [...]

> >> 430 Clifty Drive
> >> Madison, IN 47250
> >>
> >> Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
> >>
> >> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality
> >> Footer****
> >>
> >> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
> >> you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
> >> delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this
> >> message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and
> >> notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to
> >> Internet email messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Any
> >> opinions or advice contained in this email are subject to the terms and
> >> conditions in any applicable client engagement letter or agreement.
> >>
> >> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

Jeff - I did try that but I'll try it again!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On a client, try ipconfig /flushdns
>
> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Any ideas on what the problem is? Why is having DHCP configuration on
>> this PC causing problems for this one website? When it's statically set
>> it's fine....
>> I tried 3 different DNS servers for statically setting it. The PC goes
>> off of a DHCP and DNS Server on a Windows 2000 Server PC.
>>
>> help!
>>

>> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> well it's not that DNS servers fault after all... it has to be something
>>> to do with DHCP .. i tried all the DNS servers in our lookup with
>>> statically assigned DNS names.. I can access those PDF reports fine..
>>> however when i use DHCP it gives me this error...
>>>
>>> What would cause this to all of a sudden start happening and what is
>>> going with my DHCP server to make it spit out this error message?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Keith Chilton - Data Services Technician / Proof Operator
>>> River Valley Financial Bank
>>> 430 Clifty Drive
>>> Madison, IN 47250
>>>
>>> Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
>>>
>>> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality
>>> Footer****
>>>
>>> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
>>> you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
>>> delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver
>>> this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message,
>>> and notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to
>>> Internet email messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Any
>>> opinions or advice contained in this email are subject to the terms and
>>> conditions in any applicable client engagement letter or agreement.
>>>
>>> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Keith Chilton

I believe it points to the DNS Server PC itself Michael! The DNS Server has
3 DNS Servers set up in it's Forwarders section.....

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What DNS addresses do you have configured in your DHCP scope?
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor

> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Any ideas on what the problem is? Why is having DHCP configuration on
>> this
>> PC causing problems for this one website? When it's statically set it's
>> fine....
>> I tried 3 different DNS servers for statically setting it. The PC goes
>> off
>> of a DHCP and DNS Server on a Windows 2000 Server PC.
>>
>> help!
>>

>> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > well it's not that DNS servers fault after all... it has to be
>> > something
>> > to do with DHCP .. i tried all the DNS servers in our lookup with
>> > statically assigned DNS names.. I can access those PDF reports fine..
>> > however when i use DHCP it gives me this error...
>> >
>> > What would cause this to all of a sudden start happening and what is
>> > going
>> > with my DHCP server to make it spit out this error message?
>> >

>> > --
>> > Keith Chilton - Data Services Technician / Proof Operator
>> > River Valley Financial Bank
>> > 430 Clifty Drive
>> > Madison, IN 47250
>> >
>> > Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
>> >
>> > ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality
>> > Footer****
>> >
>> > Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.
>> > If
>> > you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
>> > delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver
>> > this
>> > message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and
>> > notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to
>> > Internet email messages of this kind, please advise us immediately.
>> > Any
>> > opinions or advice contained in this email are subject to the terms and
>> > conditions in any applicable client engagement letter or agreement.
>> >
>> > "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Jeff

Check DHCP and make sure you have the right DNS servers listed, Renew the
lease and /flushdns resolver cache. You will get it worked out. You have
made progress already.

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jeff - I did try that but I'll try it again!
>
> "Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On a client, try ipconfig /flushdns
>>
>> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Any ideas on what the problem is? Why is having DHCP configuration on
>>> this PC causing problems for this one website? When it's statically set
>>> it's fine....
>>> I tried 3 different DNS servers for statically setting it. The PC goes
>>> off of a DHCP and DNS Server on a Windows 2000 Server PC.
>>>
>>> help!
>>>

>>> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

If you think you must modify the hash, think again David Mark Javascript 17 03-23-2010 08:08 PM
if you guys go non-hybrid blu-ray or hd-dvd.... you guys may be looking at laserdisc/sacd type sales. Doc Martian DVD Video 2 03-23-2006 06:01 PM
I think you guys converted me... John Salerno HTML 11 02-06-2006 04:52 PM
what do you guys think.. Darren MCSE 4 04-06-2005 02:28 AM
What do you guys think of this DVD/VHS player? ZForce DVD Video 5 12-04-2004 06:03 PM

Advertisments