Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > wanting to be a good in IT

wanting to be a good in IT

Love Technology

Good day to all.........

I love the tech world and I'm trying to get into it. Im writng to know what
is a good way to get start in this field. I had read online that this is a
good place to start.I ve taken A+ and Network + awhile back and not quite
sure how i pass it because i cant remeber half the stuff I studied. I guess
cause i dont do it. People ask me for help and somtimes I feel like I should
give my certs back cause I done forgot all that stuff. Am i the only one that
feels this way.I currently do not work in this field. I have a job that is
not even close to it. Im lost not knowing where to begin, what to do, its
very confusing and not know what material is good and which are not. I just
dont want a bunch of questions i want to learn this stuff.Alot of magazines
out there too that teach stuff but its hard to know which one is helpful or
not I just want to be good and know my stuff.....like I said love the tech
world ........but I'm LOST.............HELP......... thanks

Keith Chilton

Your plea for help shows to me you need to tell us first off what you want
to "know your stuff in" It kind of sounds like you want to just "get by" and
know just enough to satisfy all these people asking you questions. Really
hard to say how to help you. Start buying some books off Amazon.com or
wherever and start learning again. It's not just going to come to you one
night as you sleep. You have to work for it. And do it, A LOT. If you can't
do it, A LOT, then just continue to educate yourself and read every night
when you get home from work. It's hard to be motivated i know. The brain
forgets that which it does not use eventually. I can vouch for that. I've
forgotten almost all the French and Sign Language and Calculus I learned for
the most part. It's just natural too.

"Love Technology" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Good day to all.........
>
> I love the tech world and I'm trying to get into it. Im writng to know
> what
> is a good way to get start in this field. I had read online that this is a
> good place to start.I ve taken A+ and Network + awhile back and not quite
> sure how i pass it because i cant remeber half the stuff I studied. I
> guess
> cause i dont do it. People ask me for help and somtimes I feel like I
> should
> give my certs back cause I done forgot all that stuff. Am i the only one
> that
> feels this way.I currently do not work in this field. I have a job that is
> not even close to it. Im lost not knowing where to begin, what to do, its
> very confusing and not know what material is good and which are not. I
> just
> dont want a bunch of questions i want to learn this stuff.Alot of
> magazines
> out there too that teach stuff but its hard to know which one is helpful
> or
> not I just want to be good and know my stuff.....like I said love the tech
> world ........but I'm LOST.............HELP......... thanks

Richard

Where to begin, are you in a position to get a job in the IT field? IOW can
you
afford to work at a starting wage to get experience?

>>I ve taken A+ and Network + awhile back

These two certs will get you in the door

>>and not quite sure how i pass it because i cant remeber half the stuff I
>>studied.

no one knows everything, you got to start somewhere

Do you have two or more computers at home, networked together to
get experience with networking?

What about working on the side, offering your services to people who need
training and / or help troubling shooting their computer.

Richard