Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > MeasureUp Practice Tests

MeasureUp Practice Tests

Jo

Hello All:

I plan on taking my 70-271 test on March 2nd. On the MeasureUp software
that came with the Press Book, there are two types of practice tests -
Objective Practice Tests and just Practice Tests. Now, I can score a 96% on
the Objective practice tests, but can only score a 71% on the other practice
tests. Does anyone know if the Objective practice tests are enough to pass
the REAL THING?

--
Motochick

Need help on MCP certification test

Good day:
This is a good question. The question concerns the subject of the exam in a
general sense, while not seeking to learn the content of any specific
question and/or answer. Bill

"Jo" wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> I plan on taking my 70-271 test on March 2nd. On the MeasureUp software
> that came with the Press Book, there are two types of practice tests -
> Objective Practice Tests and just Practice Tests. Now, I can score a 96% on
> the Objective practice tests, but can only score a 71% on the other practice
> tests. Does anyone know if the Objective practice tests are enough to pass
> the REAL THING?
>

> --
> Motochick

Michael D. Alligood

Jo I am trying to get a hold of the MeasureUP practice exams to see what
I think; per your email. I think I can get it tomorrow. I will test out
on it and see what I think.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"Jo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hello All:
>
> I plan on taking my 70-271 test on March 2nd. On the MeasureUp software
> that came with the Press Book, there are two types of practice tests -
> Objective Practice Tests and just Practice Tests. Now, I can score a 96% on
> the Objective practice tests, but can only score a 71% on the other practice
> tests. Does anyone know if the Objective practice tests are enough to pass
> the REAL THING?
>

> --
> Motochick

John R

The objectives tests measure your skills on things actually presented in the
material in the text. The practice tests measure your skills on presented
material and on some material that was not presented. In my opinion, the
practice tests are better. As to the question of how acurately they measure
the real exam, it is difficult to say. You should proceed from the
understanding that no single source is going to prepare you 100%. You
should combine the objective tests, practice tests, lab exercises, actual
experience, etc. Even if you look at the instructional classes, they say
that they only prepare you for certain exam objectives, but not all. And
some of what is covered is not covered in total and that you will need
additional work to be prepared.

I used the MSPRESS readiness review suite tests, and videos, and lots of on
the job experience, but in my case I think the experience was the greatest
asset. Trust me, you learn a lot more and remember it better when you
struggle through something trying to get it to work on the job. One of the
problems I have with the practice tests is that they are only of real
measuring value the first few times you use them, at least for me. After
that, I started to recognize questions and I found myself asking if I really
knew the material, or if I memorized the question.

Good luck.

John

"Jo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello All:
>
> I plan on taking my 70-271 test on March 2nd. On the MeasureUp software
> that came with the Press Book, there are two types of practice tests -
> Objective Practice Tests and just Practice Tests. Now, I can score a 96%
> on
> the Objective practice tests, but can only score a 71% on the other
> practice
> tests. Does anyone know if the Objective practice tests are enough to
> pass
> the REAL THING?
>

> --
> Motochick

Manuel Moore

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 09:31:01 -0800, Jo <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hello All:
>
>I plan on taking my 70-271 test on March 2nd. On the MeasureUp software
>that came with the Press Book, there are two types of practice tests -
>Objective Practice Tests and just Practice Tests. Now, I can score a 96% on
>the Objective practice tests, but can only score a 71% on the other practice
>tests. Does anyone know if the Objective practice tests are enough to pass
>the REAL THING?

When I prepared for my exam I found the Objective Review to be quite
sufficent to prepare me for the exam, whereas the Practice exams where
to deep into detail and a good part of the questions just too much.
But the Practice Test are a good help to prepare though. It is like
when you have 70 percent in those I'd doubt that you fail in the real
eaxam.

Manuel

MeasureUp Practice Tests - MCDST Press Book Jo MCDST 5 02-04-2007 04:41 PM
comments on MeasureUp Practice Tests results Daniel Simmons MCDST 5 01-09-2006 04:49 PM
Tests without study guides or practice tests? =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNS?= Microsoft Certification 8 12-20-2005 04:59 AM
MeasureUp Practice tests B_real MCDST 4 02-04-2005 04:15 PM
Practice Tests for 70-315 (MeasureUp or Self Test)? psinyc MCAD 3 02-04-2004 01:59 AM

Advertisments