Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > NDA Wording

NDA Wording

Michael D. Alligood

> Simply stated, this thread began as a result of one person attempting
to use a faulty interpretation of the NDA and then applying the faulty
> interpretation in a sweeping manner to prohibit all discussion, including general discussion, of Microsoft exams.

Where did this take place, because I have kept up with this thread. What
"faulty interpretation" was posted?

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"Need help on MCP certification test"
<(E-Mail Removed) oft.com> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Good day:
> I haven't taken any actions, nor have I attempted to justify anything.
> Simply stated, this thread began as a result of one person attempting to use
> a faulty interpretation of the NDA and then applying the faulty
> interpretation in a sweeping manner to prohibit all discussion, including
> general discussion, of Microsoft exams. Bill
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > I think you need to consult an attorney specializing in these related laws.
> > It seems clear that you are determined to justify your actions based on this
> > newsgroup.
> > Since it appears no one here is a lawyer and you want a legal
> > interpretation, you have come to the wrong place.
> > You attempt to disqualify everything that is said opposing what you want to
> > read and you are failing badly.
> >
> > The bottom lime is you seem to want an easy way out at the expense of those
> > who work hard and value their certifications.
> > At work do you also try to find the easy way out at your employers expense?
> >
> > --
> > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> > http://www.dts-l.org
> >

> > "Need help on MCP certification test"
> > <(E-Mail Removed) oft.com> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Good day:
> > > That which I have written is addressed to 1. the interpretation of the NDA
> > > and, 2. the legal principle of not being able to inforce an illegal clause
> > > contained in a contract.

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

"in a sweeping manner to prohibit all discussion"
Where?
I seem to have missed that.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

"Need help on MCP certification test"
<(E-Mail Removed) oft.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Good day:
> I haven't taken any actions, nor have I attempted to justify anything.
> Simply stated, this thread began as a result of one person attempting to
> use
> a faulty interpretation of the NDA and then applying the faulty
> interpretation in a sweeping manner to prohibit all discussion, including
> general discussion, of Microsoft exams. Bill
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> I think you need to consult an attorney specializing in these related
>> laws.
>> It seems clear that you are determined to justify your actions based on
>> this
>> newsgroup.
>> Since it appears no one here is a lawyer and you want a legal
>> interpretation, you have come to the wrong place.
>> You attempt to disqualify everything that is said opposing what you want
>> read and you are failing badly.
>>
>> The bottom lime is you seem to want an easy way out at the expense of
>> those
>> who work hard and value their certifications.
>> At work do you also try to find the easy way out at your employers
>> expense?
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>

>> "Need help on MCP certification test"
>> <(E-Mail Removed) oft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Good day:
>> > That which I have written is addressed to 1. the interpretation of the
>> > NDA
>> > and, 2. the legal principle of not being able to inforce an illegal
>> > clause
>> > contained in a contract.

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Windows XP, Vista and many others.
I lurk in far more than I post.

It seems to me the OP is attempting to justify actions, possibly past.
He needs legal council he can not get here.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jupiter! I have never seen you in these parts of the newsgroup world!
> Normally you are hanging out in Windows XP newsgroups. Did the NDA
> conversation spike your curiosity?
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor

Michael D. Alligood

Well it is good to hear from you nevertheless. Thanks for your input!

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eTg$(E-Mail Removed):

> Windows XP, Vista and many others.
> I lurk in far more than I post.
>
> It seems to me the OP is attempting to justify actions, possibly past.
> He needs legal council he can not get here.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Jupiter! I have never seen you in these parts of the newsgroup world!
> > Normally you are hanging out in Windows XP newsgroups. Did the NDA
> > conversation spike your curiosity?
> >
> > --
> > Michael D. Alligood
> > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> > CIW Certified Instructor

Need help on MCP certification test

Good day:
place, because I have kept up with this thread. What > "faulty
interpretation" was posted?,
may I direct your attention to my earlier post in this thread that explained
that the NDA Wording thread began as a result of Mr. Alligood's response to
my question posted in the thread entiltled 70-271 Exam, that is two threads
removed from this one.

In the 70-271 Exam thread I had asked some general questions about the
70-271 exam, such as overall details, how many questions should one expect,
basis of scoring the exam, and any other info thought to be useful.

The response from Mr. Alligood was as follows: "None of your question can be
answered due to a Non-Disclosure Agreement that you are required to adhere to
before taking any Microsoft exams. Please visit my site below and look under
the TypeList, "Microsoft Certification Links". Under this TypeList, you will
see the Exam
Security Policy and Non-Disclosure Agreement."

After reading the NDA I simply posted my opinion that the NDA was attempting
to prohibit information that would reveal the content of the questions,
rather than attempting to prohibit general discussion on exams. Mr. Alligood
had stated that "none of your questions could be answered," and I took issue
with that his respose. I consider Mr. Alligood's response shown above to be a
result of a "faulty" interpretation of the NDA.

I will say again that .... if the NDA is/was attempting to prohibit all
speech regarding the 70-271 exam, and I do not think to say so is the correct
interpretation of the NDA, then it follows that such an interpretation would
likely be uninforceable in a court of law. Therefore, it is correct to say
that general discussion of exams is permitted, as is clearly evidenced by the
postings of the members of this Community.

Browse http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...q/default.mspx to
try and locate your answers. Good luck.