Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Permissions

Permissions

RemoteShark

I am still battling permissions, but sticking with it.

I got a question from the MS Press book which I got wrong. It was when
someone is from multiple groups and has a full control permission and full
controll deny permission, also a modify and read permission from 2 other
groups and a read from the users group. Thinking what the most restrictive of
them all are, I slipped and choose Read. I never saw a permission of full
control deny, then I opened winxp and saw for myself that the moment the deny
is checked for full control it selects everything beneath it, by default.
Then it would mean the person cannot at all get into the file or folder,
Period! Any comments or suggestion for permissions greatly appreciated. It's
mind boggling at times.