Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Single Vista Certification Exam

Single Vista Certification Exam

Rowan

I just read something that says Microsoft will offer a single exam for the
upgrade to the Vista Certification. The print out I saw said the exam would
be offered to MSDST's in early 2007. I just passed 70-271 yesterday and
hope to take and pass 70-272 in about 2 weeks. Does anyone have information
on this single exam track? How long will they offer the single track cert
before you have to take a two or three exam track for the Vista Cert?

Angel A+,N+,MCP

Rowan

congrat on passing the exam.... the following link will help you with the
vista info on the exam

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...e/default.mspx

"Rowan" wrote:

> I just read something that says Microsoft will offer a single exam for the
> upgrade to the Vista Certification. The print out I saw said the exam would
> be offered to MSDST's in early 2007. I just passed 70-271 yesterday and
> hope to take and pass 70-272 in about 2 weeks. Does anyone have information
> on this single exam track? How long will they offer the single track cert
> before you have to take a two or three exam track for the Vista Cert?

Michael D. Alligood

Thanks Angel... How is your studying?

The exam in question is the 70-621 exam. It has finished its BETA course
and will be released (should be released) late February, early March.
Those of us who took the BETA exam are still waiting for our results.
The exam, if Microsoft history repeats itself, should be available for
the duration of Windows XP / Windows Vista certifications.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"Angel A+,N+,MCP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Rowan
>
> congrat on passing the exam.... the following link will help you with the
> vista info on the exam
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...e/default.mspx
>

> "Rowan" wrote:
>
> > I just read something that says Microsoft will offer a single exam for the
> > upgrade to the Vista Certification. The print out I saw said the exam would
> > be offered to MSDST's in early 2007. I just passed 70-271 yesterday and
> > hope to take and pass 70-272 in about 2 weeks. Does anyone have information
> > on this single exam track? How long will they offer the single track cert
> > before you have to take a two or three exam track for the Vista Cert?

Andy Barkl

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Angel... How is your studying?
>
> The exam in question is the 70-621 exam. It has finished its BETA course
> and will be released (should be released) late February, early March.
> Those of us who took the BETA exam are still waiting for our results. The
> exam, if Microsoft history repeats itself, should be available for the
> duration of Windows XP / Windows Vista certifications.
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor

The 621 beta exam results have been delayed and all participants may be
required to take a "revised" beta exam!
http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/...sta-exams.aspx

Vincent Leung

Yes, all the beta testers of 621 and 622 need to re-do their "revised" beta
exams in March 2007 --> from Trika's blog

> The 621 beta exam results have been delayed and all participants may be
> required to take a "revised" beta exam!
> http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/...sta-exams.aspx

Michael D. Alligood

I thought it was too easy...

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"Vincent Leung" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed):