Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Passed 70-271

Passed 70-271

Spyder

This past Friday 1/26, I took my 70-271 exam and passed. I was worried that
the study material I had wouldn't be enough. I had the Sybex book and
UCertify. As I feared they did not cover as in depth as I needed. However
some advice I received from Michael D. Alligood was correct. Real world
experience goes a long way. As far as studying I was not as prepared as I
should have been, but my experience helped me pass this exam. This was my
first exam, so the fear of the unknown is now out of the way. I am now an
MCP and just need 70-272 for my MCDST, which I am going to try and take in
the next month or two.

Michael D. Alligood

Congrats on your success, and "Thank You" for your kind words. The fear
of the unknown will cause you to doubt your abilities. Fear causes
hesitation; and hesitation will make your worst fears come true. Imagine
how long you would have went if you would have allowed your fear of
taking the test consume you. You have passed more the exam. Keep
studying, and as I tell my student: "Mess up the computer. If you are
scared to touch it, you just purchased a very expensive paper weight."

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

"Spyder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> This past Friday 1/26, I took my 70-271 exam and passed. I was worried that
> the study material I had wouldn't be enough. I had the Sybex book and
> UCertify. As I feared they did not cover as in depth as I needed. However
> some advice I received from Michael D. Alligood was correct. Real world
> experience goes a long way. As far as studying I was not as prepared as I
> should have been, but my experience helped me pass this exam. This was my
> first exam, so the fear of the unknown is now out of the way. I am now an
> MCP and just need 70-272 for my MCDST, which I am going to try and take in
> the next month or two.

JRE

Saturday 2/3 I passed the 70-271 Exam.

For about the first 20-30 questions – I thought I was taking a completely
different test.

The Language interface is completely different – really only recognized
maybe 5-7 questions.

I did not score as high as I would have liked to have – 783 but I will take
it (knowing now how different this test was from the Measure up practice test.

The measure up practice test as far as the 271 exam – it just gets you in
the game. The real test does not use specific steps etc. to follow thru on.
Instead the test uses more actual for instances along with more answers that
you really have to process several levels to figure out the best solution.

Hands on would have improved my score - I have already the A+ and Network +
Certs from back in 2001.

I hear the 70-272 follows closer to the Measure Up exams - That is next on
the plate.

Good Luck to All - I did not know I had passed until I hit the last button -
I had 30 minutes left but had to finish early "MotherNature" calling - lol..

"Spyder" wrote:

> This past Friday 1/26, I took my 70-271 exam and passed. I was worried that
> the study material I had wouldn't be enough. I had the Sybex book and
> UCertify. As I feared they did not cover as in depth as I needed. However
> some advice I received from Michael D. Alligood was correct. Real world
> experience goes a long way. As far as studying I was not as prepared as I
> should have been, but my experience helped me pass this exam. This was my
> first exam, so the fear of the unknown is now out of the way. I am now an
> MCP and just need 70-272 for my MCDST, which I am going to try and take in
> the next month or two.

Michael D. Alligood

Again congratulations. And remember your NDA you agreed to before the
exam.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"JRE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Saturday 2/3 I passed the 70-271 Exam.
>
> For about the first 20-30 questions - I thought I was taking a completely
> different test.
>
> The Language interface is completely different - really only recognized
> maybe 5-7 questions.
>
> I did not score as high as I would have liked to have - 783 but I will take
> it (knowing now how different this test was from the Measure up practice test.
>
> The measure up practice test as far as the 271 exam - it just gets you in
> the game. The real test does not use specific steps etc. to follow thru on.
> Instead the test uses more actual for instances along with more answers that
> you really have to process several levels to figure out the best solution.
>
> Hands on would have improved my score - I have already the A+ and Network +
> Certs from back in 2001.
>
> I hear the 70-272 follows closer to the Measure Up exams - That is next on
> the plate.
>
> Good Luck to All - I did not know I had passed until I hit the last button -
> I had 30 minutes left but had to finish early "MotherNature" calling - lol..
>

> "Spyder" wrote:
>
> > This past Friday 1/26, I took my 70-271 exam and passed. I was worried that
> > the study material I had wouldn't be enough. I had the Sybex book and
> > UCertify. As I feared they did not cover as in depth as I needed. However
> > some advice I received from Michael D. Alligood was correct. Real world
> > experience goes a long way. As far as studying I was not as prepared as I
> > should have been, but my experience helped me pass this exam. This was my
> > first exam, so the fear of the unknown is now out of the way. I am now an
> > MCP and just need 70-272 for my MCDST, which I am going to try and take in
> > the next month or two.

JRE

Thanks for that reminder - I have not tested in over 6 years. I will keep
that in mind.
Again Thanks!

"Michael D. Alligood" wrote:

> Again congratulations. And remember your NDA you agreed to before the
> exam.
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor

> "JRE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Saturday 2/3 I passed the 70-271 Exam.
> >
> > For about the first 20-30 questions - I thought I was taking a completely
> > different test.
> >
> > The Language interface is completely different - really only recognized
> > maybe 5-7 questions.
> >
> > I did not score as high as I would have liked to have - 783 but I will take
> > it (knowing now how different this test was from the Measure up practice test.
> >
> > The measure up practice test as far as the 271 exam - it just gets you in
> > the game. The real test does not use specific steps etc. to follow thru on.
> > Instead the test uses more actual for instances along with more answers that
> > you really have to process several levels to figure out the best solution.
> >
> > Hands on would have improved my score - I have already the A+ and Network +
> > Certs from back in 2001.
> >
> > I hear the 70-272 follows closer to the Measure Up exams - That is next on
> > the plate.
> >
> > Good Luck to All - I did not know I had passed until I hit the last button -
> > I had 30 minutes left but had to finish early "MotherNature" calling - lol..
> >

> > "Spyder" wrote:
> >
> > > This past Friday 1/26, I took my 70-271 exam and passed. I was worried that
> > > the study material I had wouldn't be enough. I had the Sybex book and
> > > UCertify. As I feared they did not cover as in depth as I needed. However
> > > some advice I received from Michael D. Alligood was correct. Real world
> > > experience goes a long way. As far as studying I was not as prepared as I
> > > should have been, but my experience helped me pass this exam. This was my
> > > first exam, so the fear of the unknown is now out of the way. I am now an
> > > MCP and just need 70-272 for my MCDST, which I am going to try and take in
> > > the next month or two.

JRE

NDA link - Exam Security Policy and Non-Disclosure Agreement

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...icies/nda.mspx

By complying with and enforcing this obligation, you help maintain the
integrity of the MCP program and the value of your certification. Please do
your part by discouraging the sharing of exam questions and making others
aware of this policy. We appreciate your cooperation.

Michael - again thanks for that reminder - Integrity!

Will definetly keep that in mind!

JR

"Michael D. Alligood" wrote:

> Again congratulations. And remember your NDA you agreed to before the
> exam.
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor

> "JRE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Saturday 2/3 I passed the 70-271 Exam.
> >
> > For about the first 20-30 questions - I thought I was taking a completely
> > different test.
> >
> > The Language interface is completely different - really only recognized
> > maybe 5-7 questions.
> >
> > I did not score as high as I would have liked to have - 783 but I will take
> > it (knowing now how different this test was from the Measure up practice test.
> >
> > The measure up practice test as far as the 271 exam - it just gets you in
> > the game. The real test does not use specific steps etc. to follow thru on.
> > Instead the test uses more actual for instances along with more answers that
> > you really have to process several levels to figure out the best solution.
> >
> > Hands on would have improved my score - I have already the A+ and Network +
> > Certs from back in 2001.
> >
> > I hear the 70-272 follows closer to the Measure Up exams - That is next on
> > the plate.
> >
> > Good Luck to All - I did not know I had passed until I hit the last button -
> > I had 30 minutes left but had to finish early "MotherNature" calling - lol..
> >

> > "Spyder" wrote:
> >
> > > This past Friday 1/26, I took my 70-271 exam and passed. I was worried that
> > > the study material I had wouldn't be enough. I had the Sybex book and
> > > UCertify. As I feared they did not cover as in depth as I needed. However
> > > some advice I received from Michael D. Alligood was correct. Real world
> > > experience goes a long way. As far as studying I was not as prepared as I
> > > should have been, but my experience helped me pass this exam. This was my
> > > first exam, so the fear of the unknown is now out of the way. I am now an
> > > MCP and just need 70-272 for my MCDST, which I am going to try and take in
> > > the next month or two.

Tradeinthecar

Woo Hoo! - Congrats - its always a good idea to get some real time practice
with testing materialv- Hands on is always a good compliment with the study
material!

Cheers! - Good luck with your next test!

"JRE" wrote:

> Saturday 2/3 I passed the 70-271 Exam.
>
> For about the first 20-30 questions – I thought I was taking a completely
> different test.
>
> The Language interface is completely different – really only recognized
> maybe 5-7 questions.
>
> I did not score as high as I would have liked to have – 783 but I will take
> it (knowing now how different this test was from the Measure up practice test.
>
> The measure up practice test as far as the 271 exam – it just gets you in
> the game. The real test does not use specific steps etc. to follow thru on.
> Instead the test uses more actual for instances along with more answers that
> you really have to process several levels to figure out the best solution.
>
> Hands on would have improved my score - I have already the A+ and Network +
> Certs from back in 2001.
>
> I hear the 70-272 follows closer to the Measure Up exams - That is next on
> the plate.
>
> Good Luck to All - I did not know I had passed until I hit the last button -
> I had 30 minutes left but had to finish early "MotherNature" calling - lol..
>

> "Spyder" wrote:
>
> > This past Friday 1/26, I took my 70-271 exam and passed. I was worried that
> > the study material I had wouldn't be enough. I had the Sybex book and
> > UCertify. As I feared they did not cover as in depth as I needed. However
> > some advice I received from Michael D. Alligood was correct. Real world
> > experience goes a long way. As far as studying I was not as prepared as I
> > should have been, but my experience helped me pass this exam. This was my
> > first exam, so the fear of the unknown is now out of the way. I am now an
> > MCP and just need 70-272 for my MCDST, which I am going to try and take in
> > the next month or two.

Mauricio

Congrats Spyder.

I have just started to study for 70-251 last month.
I am in the Self-paced Microsoft Press Book and i'm in chapter 6 now.
I have noticed the hard work that it's necessary to pass.

Congratulations again !!