Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > MCSA path

MCSA path

Keith Chilton

After I am done with the 70-271 I am going for the MCSA for Windows 2000.
It appears, according to
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx the 70-270 exam
(Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP
Professional) will be my first exam I take to achieve it. I feel like this
wont be a hard test to pass considering all the studying i did on 271 and
272. The material looks basically the same. Anybody have a used book?

From there it looks like i'll take the 70-218 test. This looks the most
beneficial to my company the fastest. I will probably take the 70-215 test
last. That looks the most unimportant to me. Does anyone think I should take
the 70-215 prior to taking the 70-218 with good reason? I need to go find a
MCSA newsgroup to join also...

I'll still come here but...

--
Keith Chilton, MCP
Data Services Technician

messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
representative independent of this message.

Michael D. Alligood

The 70-215 test gave me some worries when I took it. Not sure why, but
it almost did me in. But after the 215, I went and nailed the 218
without an issue. I think you should stick with the 70-215 first.

Also check my blog in the next hour and I will have a 15% discount code
for the exams.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u#(E-Mail Removed):

> After I am done with the 70-271 I am going for the MCSA for Windows 2000.
> It appears, according to
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx the 70-270 exam
> (Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP
> Professional) will be my first exam I take to achieve it. I feel like this
> wont be a hard test to pass considering all the studying i did on 271 and
> 272. The material looks basically the same. Anybody have a used book?
>
> From there it looks like i'll take the 70-218 test. This looks the most
> beneficial to my company the fastest. I will probably take the 70-215 test
> last. That looks the most unimportant to me. Does anyone think I should take
> the 70-215 prior to taking the 70-218 with good reason? I need to go find a
> MCSA newsgroup to join also...
>
> I'll still come here but...
>
> --
> Keith Chilton, MCP
> Data Services Technician
> River Valley Financial Bank
> 430 Clifty Drive
> Madison, IN 47250
> 812-273-4949 ext 348
> Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
>
> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality Footer****
> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you
> are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery
> of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to
> anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us
> immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email
> messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
> and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
> my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
> representative independent of this message.

Keith Chilton

the topics for the 2 tests look highly different! Are you saying your 215
studying really prepped you for the 218 and i should stick to doing the 215
first? i really want to do the 218 first! LOL

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The 70-215 test gave me some worries when I took it. Not sure why, but it
> almost did me in. But after the 215, I went and nailed the 218 without an
> issue. I think you should stick with the 70-215 first.
>
> Also check my blog in the next hour and I will have a 15% discount code
> for the exams.
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor
>
> http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom
>

> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:u#(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> After I am done with the 70-271 I am going for the MCSA for Windows 2000.
>> It appears, according to
>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx the 70-270
>> exam
>> (Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP
>> Professional) will be my first exam I take to achieve it. I feel like
>> this
>> wont be a hard test to pass considering all the studying i did on 271 and
>> 272. The material looks basically the same. Anybody have a used book?
>>
>> From there it looks like i'll take the 70-218 test. This looks the most
>> beneficial to my company the fastest. I will probably take the 70-215
>> test
>> last. That looks the most unimportant to me. Does anyone think I should
>> take
>> the 70-215 prior to taking the 70-218 with good reason? I need to go find
>> MCSA newsgroup to join also...
>>
>> I'll still come here but...
>>
>> --
>> Keith Chilton, MCP
>> Data Services Technician
>> River Valley Financial Bank
>> 430 Clifty Drive
>> Madison, IN 47250
>> 812-273-4949 ext 348
>> Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
>>
>> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality
>> Footer****
>> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
>> you
>> are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
>> delivery
>> of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message
>> anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us
>> immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email
>> messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions,
>> conclusions
>> and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed
>> by
>> my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
>> representative independent of this message.

Keith Chilton

I tried your promo code on your blog site Michael and it was invalid I
copied and pasted it too

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The 70-215 test gave me some worries when I took it. Not sure why, but it
> almost did me in. But after the 215, I went and nailed the 218 without an
> issue. I think you should stick with the 70-215 first.
>
> Also check my blog in the next hour and I will have a 15% discount code
> for the exams.
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor
>
> http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom
>

> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:u#(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> After I am done with the 70-271 I am going for the MCSA for Windows 2000.
>> It appears, according to
>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx the 70-270
>> exam
>> (Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP
>> Professional) will be my first exam I take to achieve it. I feel like
>> this
>> wont be a hard test to pass considering all the studying i did on 271 and
>> 272. The material looks basically the same. Anybody have a used book?
>>
>> From there it looks like i'll take the 70-218 test. This looks the most
>> beneficial to my company the fastest. I will probably take the 70-215
>> test
>> last. That looks the most unimportant to me. Does anyone think I should
>> take
>> the 70-215 prior to taking the 70-218 with good reason? I need to go find
>> MCSA newsgroup to join also...
>>
>> I'll still come here but...
>>
>> --
>> Keith Chilton, MCP
>> Data Services Technician
>> River Valley Financial Bank
>> 430 Clifty Drive
>> Madison, IN 47250
>> 812-273-4949 ext 348
>> Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
>>
>> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality
>> Footer****
>> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
>> you
>> are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
>> delivery
>> of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message
>> anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us
>> immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email
>> messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions,
>> conclusions
>> and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed
>> by
>> my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
>> representative independent of this message.

Michael D. Alligood

I will check with Mitch concerning the code. As for the 215 verses the
218, that is your call. I still stand by my first post!

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
CIW Certified Instructor

http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> [...]
> >>
> >> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality
> >> Footer****
> >> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
> >> you
> >> are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
> >> delivery
> >> of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message
> >> anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us
> >> immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email
> >> messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions,
> >> conclusions
> >> and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed
> >> by
> >> my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
> >> representative independent of this message.

Our domain server is win 2000 thus it's in my companys best interest that i
get to know the server we use for our domain.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...