Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > RE: Tests

RE: Tests

wagnerk

Both tests are along the same level, however what is hard for one person may
be easy for another. It depends on whether or not you know the objectives
like "the back of your hand". For me the 70-272 exam was alittle harder than
the 70-271 because I didn't study as hard as I did for the 70-271, but like I
said depends how much you study, know the objectives and actually use the
technology.

A very useful book in my opinion is the sybex MCDST book which covers both
exams:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MCDST-Micros...e=UTF8&s=books

-Ken

wagnerk

Hi,

IMO the MSPress is a good book & the Examcram book really is only a book to
consolidate what you already know, Netg (or any other CBT) are great as it
helps you remember more. All that , plus using the stuff everyday will help
you alot when it comes to the next exam

As for the question: "Was there anything that was more prevalent than
others, Office or IE, etc.?"

No two MS exams are the same, the questions are taken from a pool of
questions so you have to go into the exam expecting the everything will be
there equally. What you actually get, however, is anyone's guess.

Things on the exam:
Configure and troubleshoot Office applications
Configure and troubleshoot Internet Explorer
Configure the operating system to support applications
Resolve issues related to Office, IE, Outlook Express & Windows
Resolve issues related to customizing an Office application, IE & Outlook
Express
Configuring and Troubleshooting Connectivity for Applications
Configuring Application Security

Before anyone starts shouting about the NDA, all of the above is clearly
stated here on the MS website:

Hope this helps

-Ken