Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Re: Help - Share and NTFS Permissions

Re: Help - Share and NTFS Permissions

Manuel Moore

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 20:39:43 -0800, CoffeeCup100 <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Can anyone steer me in the right direction. I'm having a very
>difficult time understanding share permissions, NTFS permissions,
>combined permissions, effective permissions. etc.
>
>I'll watch the CBT Nuggets video on the subject and think I understand
>it, but when I read about the same subject in the MS Self Paced
>Training Kit book and try the practice tests, every thing seems to
>contradict every thing else. Now nothing makes any sense any more.
>
>I'm very frustrated and running out of patience and time.
>
>Help!! any suggestions?
>
>Thank you.

When you combine NTFS and Share permissions, the most important thing
to know is that the most restrictive right will be applied to the
user.
So if you have a share, on wich you grant access to the user and the
user has the NTFS write permission and on the share you give him the
read permission, all the user can do is read

Hope that helps a little.