Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Internet Explorer 7

Internet Explorer 7

BARRY ANDERSON

Hi just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. When I download
IE 7 it installs fine. Then when I start it, nothing. I get a blank screen
and a message saying saying ' connecting ', then nothing. I left it for 30
mins last night and still the same message. Just after seeing if any 1 had
the same problem and found a solution. I would be gratefull of any feedback.

Thanks.

BARRY ANDERSON

Thanks I do however have a connection to the Internet. As soon as I remove
the IE 7 update and go back to IE 6 everything works fine.
"Barry MPLS-MCDST" <Barry http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have also observed this symptom. It has to do with no connection to the
> internet of course. It seems to me that IE7 comes up with this very fast
> when
> it doesn't see a network connection. I hate saying this because I myself
> hate
> receiving this answer but reboot and make darn sure you really have an
> internet connection. Let me reiterate, this symptom is due to not having a
> connection and IE7 concludes very fast that it doesn't have a connection.
> These are my real life observations.
>
> "BARRY ANDERSON" wrote:
>
>> Hi just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. When I
>> download
>> IE 7 it installs fine. Then when I start it, nothing. I get a blank
>> screen
>> and a message saying saying ' connecting ', then nothing. I left it for
>> 30
>> mins last night and still the same message. Just after seeing if any 1
>> had
>> the same problem and found a solution. I would be gratefull of any
>> feedback.
>>
>> Thanks.

Keith Chilton

did you even get a chance to do the "runonce" webpage?

"BARRY ANDERSON" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks I do however have a connection to the Internet. As soon as I remove
> the IE 7 update and go back to IE 6 everything works fine.
> "Barry MPLS-MCDST" <Barry (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have also observed this symptom. It has to do with no connection to the
>> internet of course. It seems to me that IE7 comes up with this very fast
>> when
>> it doesn't see a network connection. I hate saying this because I myself
>> hate
>> receiving this answer but reboot and make darn sure you really have an
>> internet connection. Let me reiterate, this symptom is due to not having
>> connection and IE7 concludes very fast that it doesn't have a connection.
>> These are my real life observations.
>>
>> "BARRY ANDERSON" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. When I
>>> download
>>> IE 7 it installs fine. Then when I start it, nothing. I get a blank
>>> screen
>>> and a message saying saying ' connecting ', then nothing. I left it for
>>> 30
>>> mins last night and still the same message. Just after seeing if any 1
>>> had
>>> the same problem and found a solution. I would be gratefull of any
>>> feedback.
>>>
>>> Thanks.

BARRY ANDERSON

It just freezes and there is a blank screen with the word connecting at the
top, and that is the way it stays. As I say the longest I left it was about
30 mins . Also when you try to close it, it doesn't respond. You then get
the mandatory option of sending an error report.
"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> did you even get a chance to do the "runonce" webpage?
>
> "BARRY ANDERSON" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks I do however have a connection to the Internet. As soon as I
>> remove the IE 7 update and go back to IE 6 everything works fine.
>> "Barry MPLS-MCDST" <Barry (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I have also observed this symptom. It has to do with no connection to the
>>> internet of course. It seems to me that IE7 comes up with this very fast
>>> when
>>> it doesn't see a network connection. I hate saying this because I myself
>>> hate
>>> receiving this answer but reboot and make darn sure you really have an
>>> internet connection. Let me reiterate, this symptom is due to not having
>>> connection and IE7 concludes very fast that it doesn't have a
>>> connection.
>>> These are my real life observations.

Keith Chilton

Click Start > Run and type in cmd

When the command prompt box opens type in
ping google.com

Come back with your results. Your DNS Server could be at fault among many
things. Do you have modem, DSL, Cable? How are you connecting? What is your
pathway to the web? Is your router pingable?

"BARRY ANDERSON" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It just freezes and there is a blank screen with the word connecting at
> the top, and that is the way it stays. As I say the longest I left it was
> about 30 mins . Also when you try to close it, it doesn't respond. You
> then get the mandatory option of sending an error report.
> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> did you even get a chance to do the "runonce" webpage?
>>
>> "BARRY ANDERSON" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Thanks I do however have a connection to the Internet. As soon as I
>>> remove the IE 7 update and go back to IE 6 everything works fine.
>>> "Barry MPLS-MCDST" <Barry (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Michael D. Alligood

Have you tried starting IE7 in no add-ons mode? To do so, right-click
the IE7 icon on your desktop and then choose "Start Without Add-Ons."
If you are able to connect, you'll want to use Tools --> Manage Add-Ons
to selectively enable and disable add-ons until you locate the one that
is causing the problem.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Click Start > Run and type in cmd
>
> When the command prompt box opens type in
> ping google.com
>
> Come back with your results. Your DNS Server could be at fault among many
> things. Do you have modem, DSL, Cable? How are you connecting? What is your
> pathway to the web? Is your router pingable?
>
> "BARRY ANDERSON" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > It just freezes and there is a blank screen with the word connecting at
> > the top, and that is the way it stays. As I say the longest I left it was
> > about 30 mins . Also when you try to close it, it doesn't respond. You
> > then get the mandatory option of sending an error report.
> > "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> did you even get a chance to do the "runonce" webpage?
> >>
> >> "BARRY ANDERSON" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Keith Chilton

thats good advice too about the add-ons to IE... disable all of them,
reboot, try again

--
Keith Chilton - Data Services Technician / Proof Operator
River Valley Financial Bank

Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730

messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Any opinions or advice
contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions in any
applicable client engagement letter or agreement.

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have you tried starting IE7 in no add-ons mode? To do so, right-click the
> IE7 icon on your desktop and then choose "Start Without Add-Ons." If you
> are able to connect, you'll want to use Tools --> Manage Add-Ons to
> selectively enable and disable add-ons until you locate the one that is
> causing the problem.
>

> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor
>

> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Click Start > Run and type in cmd
>>
>> When the command prompt box opens type in
>> ping google.com
>>
>> Come back with your results. Your DNS Server could be at fault among many
>> things. Do you have modem, DSL, Cable? How are you connecting? What is
>> your
>> pathway to the web? Is your router pingable?
>>
>> "BARRY ANDERSON" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > It just freezes and there is a blank screen with the word connecting at
>> > the top, and that is the way it stays. As I say the longest I left it
>> > was
>> > about 30 mins . Also when you try to close it, it doesn't respond. You
>> > then get the mandatory option of sending an error report.
>> > "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

BARRY ANDERSON

I tried to disable all add on's and it still responds the same way.
"BARRY ANDERSON" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. When I
> download IE 7 it installs fine. Then when I start it, nothing. I get a
> blank screen and a message saying saying ' connecting ', then nothing. I
> left it for 30 mins last night and still the same message. Just after
> seeing if any 1 had the same problem and found a solution. I would be
> gratefull of any feedback.
>
> Thanks.

Keith Chilton

I thought about something else you may need to consider Barry. Make sure you
don't have a Proxy connection setup. I know this will cause the
Connecting... to appear in IE when it is like that and it shouldn't be
there.. it is at

Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings button > uncheck "use
a proxy server for your LAN"

Hopefully it is checked and you need to uncheck this...

"BARRY ANDERSON" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I tried to disable all add on's and it still responds the same way.
> "BARRY ANDERSON" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. When I
>> download IE 7 it installs fine. Then when I start it, nothing. I get a
>> blank screen and a message saying saying ' connecting ', then nothing. I
>> left it for 30 mins last night and still the same message. Just after
>> seeing if any 1 had the same problem and found a solution. I would be
>> gratefull of any feedback.
>>
>> Thanks.

BARRY ANDERSON

I dont have a Proxy connection set up. My settinds are the same as on my
other PC and the update works fine I dont have any problems.