Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Taking MCDST in March 2007

Taking MCDST in March 2007

RemoteShark

Hi Folks,

I planned on doing my MCDST in March this year. I thought it would be enough
time to study for 70-272. I failed it before because of a lack of time?study
but did it to see what they were expecting, then I went into hospital and
lost my second chance, so I reapplied now and hoping to get it this time. I
scored a 620 last time. Knowing that I failed and having some inclination of
what the exam format is like, I think I can pull it off in the next 10 weeks.
I have the MS Press Book and practice material. Taking each lab and chapter
as it comes. I should be ready in 10 weeks.

Wish me luck.
Cheers
RemoteShark

Keith Chilton

I go through the Press book and write down stuff I learn while I read. Then
after Im done with the book I type it all up in Word for reviewal. Then I do
the CD from the book and review eveything i dont know (either from the book
or perusing on a MS KB knowledgebase of Technet article) Once I've covered
all that I'm pretty much ready for the test after i go through Windows and
memorize and familiarize with everything.

"RemoteShark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi ITGirl,
>
> I have the exam cram books too, infact I have everything I need for the
> exam. I just need to make the time to study over the next 10 weeks. I have
> been in IT for a long time, tech support and now a school administrator on
> servers. Most of the real life situations are not in the exams, as you
> probably know already, but this time I know I will pass, unless I get
> totally
> wasted, drugged before the exam, which is very highly unlikely.
>
> I am based in Austria, but Irish myself. Do you use Skype, MSN Messenger?
>
> Cheers
> RemoteShark
>
> "TheITGirl" wrote:
>
>> Good luck RemoteShark!
>>
>> I am taking 70-271 in two weeks' time - the first MS Cert I have ever
>> taken,
>> though I do have an IT degree and a year's experience in 1st and 2nd line
>> IT
>> support.
>>
>> In addition to the MS Press books I also bought the Exam Cram 2 books
>> (though I have only read the ones for the 271 exam so far). You might
>> find
>> the Exam Cram books useful too, as they seem to go into more detail than
>> the
>> MS Press books in some areas, whereas the MS Press books emphasise other
>> areas.
>>
>> I feel confident I know most of the material in the study guides, but I
>> have
>> been putting off taking the exam because I am afraid, not so much of
>> failure,
>> but of losing 88 (I am based in the UK). However, I have taken the
>> plunge
>> and booked a test and will post back afterwards to let you know how I got
>> on.
>>
>> If you scored 620 last time then you only just failed to get through, so
>> hopefully the extra reading you have done will get you through the 700
>> barrier next time!
>>
>> IT Girl
>>
>> "RemoteShark" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Folks,
>> >
>> > I planned on doing my MCDST in March this year. I thought it would be
>> > enough
>> > time to study for 70-272. I failed it before because of a lack of
>> > time?study
>> > but did it to see what they were expecting, then I went into hospital
>> > and
>> > lost my second chance, so I reapplied now and hoping to get it this
>> > time. I
>> > scored a 620 last time. Knowing that I failed and having some
>> > inclination of
>> > what the exam format is like, I think I can pull it off in the next 10
>> > weeks.
>> > I have the MS Press Book and practice material. Taking each lab and
>> > chapter
>> > as it comes. I should be ready in 10 weeks.

> [...]

Michael D. Alligood

Well you guys got this under control. Let me know if I can help you guys
out with anything. Good luck in your studies.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OUnZ$(E-Mail Removed):

> I go through the Press book and write down stuff I learn while I read. Then
> after Im done with the book I type it all up in Word for reviewal. Then I do
> the CD from the book and review eveything i dont know (either from the book
> or perusing on a MS KB knowledgebase of Technet article) Once I've covered
> all that I'm pretty much ready for the test after i go through Windows and
> memorize and familiarize with everything.
>
> "RemoteShark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi ITGirl,
> >
> > I have the exam cram books too, infact I have everything I need for the
> > exam. I just need to make the time to study over the next 10 weeks. I have
> > been in IT for a long time, tech support and now a school administrator on
> > servers. Most of the real life situations are not in the exams, as you
> > probably know already, but this time I know I will pass, unless I get
> > totally
> > wasted, drugged before the exam, which is very highly unlikely.
> >
> > I am based in Austria, but Irish myself. Do you use Skype, MSN Messenger?
> >
> > Cheers
> > RemoteShark
> >
> > "TheITGirl" wrote:
> >
> >> Good luck RemoteShark!
> >>
> >> I am taking 70-271 in two weeks' time - the first MS Cert I have ever
> >> taken,
> >> though I do have an IT degree and a year's experience in 1st and 2nd line
> >> IT
> >> support.
> >>
> >> In addition to the MS Press books I also bought the Exam Cram 2 books
> >> (though I have only read the ones for the 271 exam so far). You might
> >> find
> >> the Exam Cram books useful too, as they seem to go into more detail than
> >> the
> >> MS Press books in some areas, whereas the MS Press books emphasise other
> >> areas.
> >>
> >> I feel confident I know most of the material in the study guides, but I
> >> have
> >> been putting off taking the exam because I am afraid, not so much of
> >> failure,
> >> but of losing 88 (I am based in the UK). However, I have taken the
> >> plunge
> >> and booked a test and will post back afterwards to let you know how I got
> >> on.
> >>
> >> If you scored 620 last time then you only just failed to get through, so
> >> hopefully the extra reading you have done will get you through the 700
> >> barrier next time!
> >>
> >> IT Girl

kami khan

hello frendz!!
i want to take 70-271 in march, so where shd i start from..help needed
urgently and the resourse?
luv u all

"TheITGirl" wrote:

> Good luck RemoteShark!
>
> I am taking 70-271 in two weeks' time - the first MS Cert I have ever taken,
> though I do have an IT degree and a year's experience in 1st and 2nd line IT
> support.
>
> In addition to the MS Press books I also bought the Exam Cram 2 books
> (though I have only read the ones for the 271 exam so far). You might find
> the Exam Cram books useful too, as they seem to go into more detail than the
> MS Press books in some areas, whereas the MS Press books emphasise other
> areas.
>
> I feel confident I know most of the material in the study guides, but I have
> been putting off taking the exam because I am afraid, not so much of failure,
> but of losing £88 (I am based in the UK). However, I have taken the plunge
> and booked a test and will post back afterwards to let you know how I got on.
>
> If you scored 620 last time then you only just failed to get through, so
> hopefully the extra reading you have done will get you through the 700
> barrier next time!
>
> IT Girl
>
> "RemoteShark" wrote:
>
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I planned on doing my MCDST in March this year. I thought it would be enough
> > time to study for 70-272. I failed it before because of a lack of time?study
> > but did it to see what they were expecting, then I went into hospital and
> > lost my second chance, so I reapplied now and hoping to get it this time. I
> > scored a 620 last time. Knowing that I failed and having some inclination of
> > what the exam format is like, I think I can pull it off in the next 10 weeks.
> > I have the MS Press Book and practice material. Taking each lab and chapter
> > as it comes. I should be ready in 10 weeks.
> >
> > Wish me luck.
> > Cheers
> > RemoteShark

Michael D. Alligood

Where do you start??? Hands on experience. Books will only teach you
so much. Ask Jo in this newsgroup about that. My question to you is what
experience do you have with Windows XP Professional in a domain
environment?

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

"kami khan" <kami http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> hello frendz!!
> i want to take 70-271 in march, so where shd i start from..help needed
> urgently and the resourse?
> luv u all
>
> "TheITGirl" wrote:
>
> > Good luck RemoteShark!
> >
> > I am taking 70-271 in two weeks' time - the first MS Cert I have ever taken,
> > though I do have an IT degree and a year's experience in 1st and 2nd line IT
> > support.
> >
> > In addition to the MS Press books I also bought the Exam Cram 2 books
> > (though I have only read the ones for the 271 exam so far). You might find
> > the Exam Cram books useful too, as they seem to go into more detail than the
> > MS Press books in some areas, whereas the MS Press books emphasise other
> > areas.
> >
> > I feel confident I know most of the material in the study guides, but I have
> > been putting off taking the exam because I am afraid, not so much of failure,
> > but of losing 88 (I am based in the UK). However, I have taken the plunge
> > and booked a test and will post back afterwards to let you know how I got on.
> >
> > If you scored 620 last time then you only just failed to get through, so
> > hopefully the extra reading you have done will get you through the 700
> > barrier next time!
> >
> > IT Girl
> >
> > "RemoteShark" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Folks,
> > >
> > > I planned on doing my MCDST in March this year. I thought it would be enough
> > > time to study for 70-272. I failed it before because of a lack of time?study
> > > but did it to see what they were expecting, then I went into hospital and
> > > lost my second chance, so I reapplied now and hoping to get it this time. I
> > > scored a 620 last time. Knowing that I failed and having some inclination of
> > > what the exam format is like, I think I can pull it off in the next 10 weeks.
> > > I have the MS Press Book and practice material. Taking each lab and chapter
> > > as it comes. I should be ready in 10 weeks.
> > >
> > > Wish me luck.
> > > Cheers
> > > RemoteShark

TurkReno

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:
#(E-Mail Removed):

> Windows XP Professional in a domain
> environment?

That question is not too terribly important. What you really need to
ask yourself is have you memorized the insides and out of the TCP/IP
functions and how well do you think you could troubleshoot things within
it.

There are 5 different sections that are graded on this test and the
outcome all depends on how well you preform on the tests. What do you
feel like, according to the Microsoft Learning Website, is your weakest
point? What do you feel like is your strongest point? I'm not going to
do the research for you, but go look it up and reply back. That way I
can give you better information as to where to start studying.

--
Lasher
MCNGP #50

TurkReno

=?Utf-8?B?a2FtaSBraGFu?= <kami (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> hello frendz!!

Second, not spelling "friends" right is going to put you in a world of
hurt.

> i want to take 70-271 in march, so where shd i start from..help
> needed

Let me stop you right there. Yes, its quite apparent help is needed.
Find yourself an english tutor. Graduate middle school, and then come
back.

> urgently and the resourse?
> luv u all

Afraid not.