Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Exam 271 or 272?

Reply
Thread Tools

Exam 271 or 272?

 
 
Rookie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-31-2006
As I prepare to choose which exam (i.e. 271, 272) to take first, would anyone
care to comment on the overall level of difficulty of 272 in comparison to
271?

Basically I want to take the easiest exam first. I think it's going to be
272. Any other opinions?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Keith Chilton
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-31-2006
when i study i dont consider anything easy because i dont study easily! i
always make things hard on myself.

"Rookie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> As I prepare to choose which exam (i.e. 271, 272) to take first, would
> anyone
> care to comment on the overall level of difficulty of 272 in comparison to
> 271?
>
> Basically I want to take the easiest exam first. I think it's going to be
> 272. Any other opinions?



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-31-2006
Start here http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx
note there are two core exams
as you already know. Check out the requirements for each, then...the easiest
exam would depend on your
current knowledge and skill level

Read through this newsgroup there are many informative post concerning the
training and passing
of these tests. Note the many posts by Michael D Alligood, Turkreno, and
others.

Richard





"Rookie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> As I prepare to choose which exam (i.e. 271, 272) to take first, would
> anyone
> care to comment on the overall level of difficulty of 272 in comparison to
> 271?
>
> Basically I want to take the easiest exam first. I think it's going to be
> 272. Any other opinions?



 
Reply With Quote
 
Rookie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-31-2006
I agree. Let me rephrase my request. Although 271 is not identified as a
prerequisite for 272, is it unusual for DST's to take 272 first? I ask
because my background is MOS Master Instructor (received earlier this year).

"Keith Chilton" wrote:

> when i study i dont consider anything easy because i dont study easily! i
> always make things hard on myself.
>
> "Rookie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > As I prepare to choose which exam (i.e. 271, 272) to take first, would
> > anyone
> > care to comment on the overall level of difficulty of 272 in comparison to
> > 271?
> >
> > Basically I want to take the easiest exam first. I think it's going to be
> > 272. Any other opinions?

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Rookie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-31-2006
I have received my MOS Master Instructor certificate. Is this a safe
indicator that 272 is suited for my background?

"Richard" wrote:

> Start here http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx
> note there are two core exams
> as you already know. Check out the requirements for each, then...the easiest
> exam would depend on your
> current knowledge and skill level
>
> Read through this newsgroup there are many informative post concerning the
> training and passing
> of these tests. Note the many posts by Michael D Alligood, Turkreno, and
> others.
>
> Richard
>
>
>
>
>
> "Rookie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > As I prepare to choose which exam (i.e. 271, 272) to take first, would
> > anyone
> > care to comment on the overall level of difficulty of 272 in comparison to
> > 271?
> >
> > Basically I want to take the easiest exam first. I think it's going to be
> > 272. Any other opinions?

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-31-2006
Again assess the requirements of
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx

Only you can determine where you stand in the knowledge required to pass

Richard



"Rookie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have received my MOS Master Instructor certificate. Is this a safe
> indicator that 272 is suited for my background?
>
> "Richard" wrote:
>
>> Start here http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx
>> note there are two core exams
>> as you already know. Check out the requirements for each, then...the
>> easiest
>> exam would depend on your
>> current knowledge and skill level
>>
>> Read through this newsgroup there are many informative post concerning
>> the
>> training and passing
>> of these tests. Note the many posts by Michael D Alligood, Turkreno, and
>> others.
>>
>> Richard
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Rookie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > As I prepare to choose which exam (i.e. 271, 272) to take first, would
>> > anyone
>> > care to comment on the overall level of difficulty of 272 in comparison
>> > to
>> > 271?
>> >
>> > Basically I want to take the easiest exam first. I think it's going to
>> > be
>> > 272. Any other opinions?

>>
>>
>>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Keith Chilton
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-01-2007
i ordered the MS press books at the same time off of Amazon.com .. The only
reason I took 272 first was because the book got here first. haha


"TurkReno" <www.turkreno.com> wrote in message
news:Xns98A9CF7377D1FLasher36526@207.46.248.16...
> =?Utf-8?B?Um9va2ll?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> As I prepare to choose which exam (i.e. 271, 272) to take first, would
>> anyone care to comment on the overall level of difficulty of 272 in
>> comparison to 271?
>>
>> Basically I want to take the easiest exam first. I think it's going to
>> be 272. Any other opinions?
>>

>
> It depends on what you're more proficient in, configuration or
> applications in XP. I, personally, found 70-272 easier.
>
> --
> Lasher
> MCNGP #50
> www.mcngp.com > all
> MCNGP: Leading the world to better training, better computer skills,
> and taking out the lowdes of the world with fervor beyond anyone's
> belief.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Michael D. Alligood
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-01-2007
Great point. Regardless of what test you decide to take first, you still
have to take both of them to achieve your MCDST. Review the requirements
Richard linked you to and determine which one you would like to sit
first. What is easy for one may be hardier for another. Good luck!

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
CIW Certified Instructor



"Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eK69#(E-Mail Removed):

> Again assess the requirements of
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx
>
> Only you can determine where you stand in the knowledge required to pass
>
> Richard
>
>
>
> "Rookie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have received my MOS Master Instructor certificate. Is this a safe
> > indicator that 272 is suited for my background?
> >
> > "Richard" wrote:
> >
> >> Start here http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx
> >> note there are two core exams
> >> as you already know. Check out the requirements for each, then...the
> >> easiest
> >> exam would depend on your
> >> current knowledge and skill level
> >>
> >> Read through this newsgroup there are many informative post concerning
> >> the
> >> training and passing
> >> of these tests. Note the many posts by Michael D Alligood, Turkreno, and
> >> others.
> >>
> >> Richard
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> "Rookie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> > As I prepare to choose which exam (i.e. 271, 272) to take first, would
> >> > anyone
> >> > care to comment on the overall level of difficulty of 272 in comparison
> >> > to
> >> > 271?
> >> >
> >> > Basically I want to take the easiest exam first. I think it's going to
> >> > be
> >> > 272. Any other opinions?
> >>
> >>
> >>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSE 4 11-15-2006 02:40 AM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola Microsoft Certification 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSD 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCAD 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd realexxams@yahoo.com Microsoft Certification 0 05-10-2006 02:35 PM



Advertisments