Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Re: Self Test.com software - Exam tests

Re: Self Test.com software - Exam tests

TurkReno

=?Utf-8?B?U2N1YmFfRGF2ZQ==?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I just found out our work has an agreement where we can use these Self
> Tests for only $30 for a year.
> Has anyone used this site before?
>
> 2 Techs have already taken the 70-271 exam & failed, one of whom
> attended a training class. So far our Team Lead will not approve
> purchase of the Study guides
>
> http://www.selftestsoftware.com/alltests.asp
>
> Thank you

SelfTestSoftware is an approved Microsoft Training Provider. Its not a
rip-off or a scam so feel comfortable and use them. If you want
something that's going to be comparable to the exam, which an STS exam
is and if you fail it enough and memorize the answers then of course
you're going to have a misconception when you take the exam, go check
out www.measureup.com, which is the OTHER Microsoft Training Provider.
They're harder than STS for this specific exam, the practice tests
included that is. Just don't lower yourselves to braindumps because it
ultimately doesn't show you know anything other than how to cheat and
learn nothing. That's probably why your lead won't let you use a study
guide. Therefore, read a book.

If you don't mind reading and its not a time sensitive thing, which a
test like this shouldn't because its hard enough, go check this out (and
this is the only book I recommend because it covers SP2):

http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/8796.aspx

There's another one for 70-272 in there as well, just make sure you're
looking at SP2. That alone will be worth more than any training class
because you can keep it. Training classes want to pull you into their
testing centers and try and generate revenue for their testing center by
also persuading you to take the test there as well. Not a good thing.
Either way, the books have a voucher for a % off of the exam when you
register for it.

Lasher
MCDST, MCNGP #50
www.mcngp.com > all