Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Quirks

Quirks

Keith Chilton

Anyone have any interesting quirks they'd like to share?

I just came across one that's been bugging me a while.
It had to do with Yahoo Messenger. When my Yahoo Messenger is loaded and the
buddy list window is showing I couldn't close it by pressing the X button in
the upper right. The minimize or restore wouldnt work either. I had to get
it out of the way by going to the task bar and right clicking the thing down
there. Annoying. I found though that increasing the item "Icon" size from 32
to 34 has allowed me to regain my sanity. (appearance tab > advanced button)
haha

messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
representative independent of this message.

Michael D. Alligood

I cannot add a solution for this, but how in the world you thought of
increasing the "Icon" size from 32 to 34 is a better question! You are
starting to think like a very experienced technician -- thinking outside
of the box! Or just spitballing LOL. See how that works!

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed):

> Anyone have any interesting quirks they'd like to share?
>
> I just came across one that's been bugging me a while.
> It had to do with Yahoo Messenger. When my Yahoo Messenger is loaded and the
> buddy list window is showing I couldn't close it by pressing the X button in
> the upper right. The minimize or restore wouldnt work either. I had to get
> it out of the way by going to the task bar and right clicking the thing down
> there. Annoying. I found though that increasing the item "Icon" size from 32
> to 34 has allowed me to regain my sanity. (appearance tab > advanced button)
> haha
>

> --
> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality Footer****
> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you
> are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery
> of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to
> anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us
> immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email
> messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
> and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
> my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
> representative independent of this message.

Keith Chilton

Changing the size of the Item "caption button" will work too Michael but the
Item "Icon" seemed like the more quirkier fix haha

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ufnu$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I cannot add a solution for this, but how in the world you thought of
>increasing the "Icon" size from 32 to 34 is a better question! You are
>starting to think like a very experienced technician -- thinking outside of
>the box! Or just spitballing LOL. See how that works!
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor
>

> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Anyone have any interesting quirks they'd like to share?
>>
>> I just came across one that's been bugging me a while.
>> It had to do with Yahoo Messenger. When my Yahoo Messenger is loaded and
>> the
>> buddy list window is showing I couldn't close it by pressing the X button
>> in
>> the upper right. The minimize or restore wouldnt work either. I had to
>> get
>> it out of the way by going to the task bar and right clicking the thing
>> down
>> there. Annoying. I found though that increasing the item "Icon" size from
>> 32
>> to 34 has allowed me to regain my sanity. (appearance tab > advanced
>> button)
>> haha
>>

>> --
>> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality
>> Footer****
>> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
>> you
>> are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
>> delivery
>> of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message
>> anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us
>> immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email
>> messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions,
>> conclusions
>> and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed
>> by
>> my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
>> representative independent of this message.

Some quirks in InputStream.read() ? DaLoverhino Java 6 01-24-2005 01:31 PM
quirks mode Michael Jaeger HTML 10 05-05-2004 07:44 PM
quirks mode and IE5 vs IE6 Jeff Thies HTML 26 02-14-2004 07:50 PM
Quirks associated with different company's DVD cases Zontar DVD Video 0 12-23-2003 11:36 PM
QuirksMode: For all your browser quirks kayodeok HTML 20 11-01-2003 12:19 PM

Advertisments