Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Michael Alligood

Michael Alligood

Keith Chilton

I've got a question for you about Office. If you have a word document that
looks sort of like below. The first page is a table of contents page with
page numbers
off to the right. (2,3,5,10) The pages are separated by dashes. If content
is added to the pages though, the table of contents page numbers are wrong.
It would be nice to know an easy method to keep these page numbers correctly
numbered as content is added to pages of the document. Any suggestions? I
tried looking and Indexes and Tables under the Insert Menu. (word 2000) but
it seemed rather complex, along with the help topics. Have you ever faced
this before? If so could you help? I know you are good with Office, if it is
a big deal and takes too much time, dont worry about it.
Board Report
I. Our Goals ......................2
II. Objectives .....................3
III. Trustees .......................5
IV. Getting to know us........10
Our Goals
We have many goals here at this company. Diversity and economics play a
key role in them.
I'm just typing here to fill space!
Objectives
Aren't objectives the same as goals? Probably so. This is a stupid
page to have.
I agree. Quite a stupid page!

messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
representative independent of this message.

Keith Chilton

its just text it's not really a table

"TheITGirl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Keith
>
> Have you tried right clicking on the table of contents and selecting
> "Update
> Field"?
>
> "Keith Chilton" wrote:
>
>> I've got a question for you about Office. If you have a word document
>> that
>> looks sort of like below. The first page is a table of contents page with
>> page numbers
>> off to the right. (2,3,5,10) The pages are separated by dashes. If
>> content
>> is added to the pages though, the table of contents page numbers are
>> wrong.
>> It would be nice to know an easy method to keep these page numbers
>> correctly
>> numbered as content is added to pages of the document. Any suggestions? I
>> tried looking and Indexes and Tables under the Insert Menu. (word 2000)
>> but
>> it seemed rather complex, along with the help topics. Have you ever faced
>> this before? If so could you help? I know you are good with Office, if it
>> is
>> a big deal and takes too much time, dont worry about it.
>> Board Report
>> I. Our Goals ......................2
>> II. Objectives .....................3
>> III. Trustees .......................5
>> IV. Getting to know us........10
>> Our Goals
>> We have many goals here at this company. Diversity and economics
>> play a
>> key role in them.
>> I'm just typing here to fill space!
>> Objectives
>> Aren't objectives the same as goals? Probably so. This is a stupid
>> page to have.
>> I agree. Quite a stupid page!

>> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality
>> Footer****
>> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
>> you
>> are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
>> delivery
>> of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message
>> anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us
>> immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email
>> messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions,
>> conclusions
>> and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed
>> by
>> my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
>> representative independent of this message.

Michael D. Alligood

Keith, I am guessing that you are using word 2000 since it was
mentioned in your post. You can create a "dynamic" TOC by using the
built in styles. Here is a link that I have used before to help explain
what needs to happen. I prefer this link because it has screen shots.
Let me know if you need more assistance!
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=217

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> [...]
> >>

> >> ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality
> >> Footer****
> >> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
> >> you
> >> are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
> >> delivery
> >> of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message
> >> anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us
> >> immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email
> >> messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions,
> >> conclusions
> >> and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed
> >> by
> >> my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
> >> representative independent of this message.

Thank you by the way. Have yet to check it out but am going to tonight.

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Keith, I am guessing that you are using word 2000 since it was mentioned
> in your post. You can create a "dynamic" TOC by using the built in styles.
> Here is a link that I have used before to help explain what needs to
> happen. I prefer this link because it has screen shots. Let me know if you
> need more assistance!
> http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=217
>

> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor
>

> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> its just text it's not really a table
>>
>> "TheITGirl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hello Keith
>> >
>> > Have you tried right clicking on the table of contents and selecting
>> > "Update
>> > Field"?

Keith Chilton

What a great link! Thanks a lot. I did it!!!

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you by the way. Have yet to check it out but am going to tonight.
>
> "Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Keith, I am guessing that you are using word 2000 since it was mentioned
>> in your post. You can create a "dynamic" TOC by using the built in
>> styles. Here is a link that I have used before to help explain what needs
>> to happen. I prefer this link because it has screen shots. Let me know if
>> you need more assistance!
>> http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=217
>>

>> --
>> Michael D. Alligood
>> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
>> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
>> CIW Certified Instructor
>>

>> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> its just text it's not really a table
>>>
>>> "TheITGirl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Michael D. Alligood

I hold on to these things for a reason. I am glad it helped you.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
CIW Certified Instructor

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> What a great link! Thanks a lot. I did it!!!
>
> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thank you by the way. Have yet to check it out but am going to tonight.
> >
> > "Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Keith, I am guessing that you are using word 2000 since it was mentioned
> >> in your post. You can create a "dynamic" TOC by using the built in
> >> styles. Here is a link that I have used before to help explain what needs
> >> to happen. I prefer this link because it has screen shots. Let me know if
> >> you need more assistance!
> >> http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=217
> >>

> >> --
> >> Michael D. Alligood
> >> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> >> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> >> CIW Certified Instructor
> >>

> >> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed):

Keith Chilton

Many people at work will be rejoicing over this! Especially human resources!

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I hold on to these things for a reason. I am glad it helped you.
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor
>

> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> What a great link! Thanks a lot. I did it!!!
>>
>> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Thank you by the way. Have yet to check it out but am going to tonight.
>> >
>> > "Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Michael D. Alligood

It's the simple things in life that bring the best joys.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
CIW Certified Instructor

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Many people at work will be rejoicing over this! Especially human resources!
>
> "Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I hold on to these things for a reason. I am glad it helped you.
> >
> > --
> > Michael D. Alligood
> > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> > CIW Certified Instructor
> >

> > "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> >> What a great link! Thanks a lot. I did it!!!
> >>
> >> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Keith Chilton

this makes me want to pursue getting certified in microsoft office again!
LOL