Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > iewebcontrols

iewebcontrols

I installed iewebcontrols.msi on a production server but my treeview still
is messed up. on the dev environment it is ok. I guess there was a patch
with it but I dont remember where i got the patch to fix it. if any one
knows please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Alvin Bruney

when you say messed up what exactly do you mean? it doesn't render
correctly?
the controls need a behavior file which must be placed in web root. You
probably forgot to copy the webctrl_client folder from your hard drive onto
the web root folder. See if this helps.

regards

--

-----------
Got TidBits?
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I installed iewebcontrols.msi on a production server but my treeview still
> is messed up. on the dev environment it is ok. I guess there was a patch
> with it but I dont remember where i got the patch to fix it. if any one
> knows please let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance

webctrl_client exists in the web root folder. and you are right it doesnt
render correctly. any other ideas?

Thanks

"Alvin Bruney" <vapordan_spam_me_not@hotmail_no_spamhotmail.com > wrote in
message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> when you say messed up what exactly do you mean? it doesn't render
> correctly?
> the controls need a behavior file which must be placed in web root. You
> probably forgot to copy the webctrl_client folder from your hard drive

onto
> the web root folder. See if this helps.
>
> regards
>
> --
>

> -----------
> Got TidBits?
> Get it here: www.networkip.net/tidbits
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I installed iewebcontrols.msi on a production server but my treeview

still
> > is messed up. on the dev environment it is ok. I guess there was a patch
> > with it but I dont remember where i got the patch to fix it. if any one
> > knows please let me know.
> >
> > Thanks in advance

By the way, I created a site not a virtual directory.

Thanks

"Alvin Bruney" <vapordan_spam_me_not@hotmail_no_spamhotmail.com > wrote in
message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> when you say messed up what exactly do you mean? it doesn't render
> correctly?
> the controls need a behavior file which must be placed in web root. You
> probably forgot to copy the webctrl_client folder from your hard drive

onto
> the web root folder. See if this helps.
>
> regards
>
> --
>

> -----------
> Got TidBits?
> Get it here: www.networkip.net/tidbits
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I installed iewebcontrols.msi on a production server but my treeview

still
> > is messed up. on the dev environment it is ok. I guess there was a patch
> > with it but I dont remember where i got the patch to fix it. if any one
> > knows please let me know.
> >
> > Thanks in advance

Phil

I have the same problem (with another control).

Apparently the installer only installs webctrl_client directory under
C:\InetPub\wwwroot\webctrl_Client, not under your virtual server.

Copy that directory to the root of your app and it will probably work.

I'm not sure this 'shortcut method' is a correct way of getting those
files in the right place, but I know it works. If someone knows the
'correct' way of installing this for a virtual server (not
C:\InetPub\wwwroot) please post!

IEWebcontrols is not work MS Server 2003 !!! dina ASP .Net 1 02-08-2007 04:28 PM
IEwebcontrols Shahriar ASP .Net 6 04-14-2005 08:28 PM
iewebcontrols gg ASP .Net 1 12-02-2004 10:39 PM
iewebcontrols setup Schoo ASP .Net Building Controls 4 07-21-2004 10:33 AM
IEWebControls menon ASP .Net 5 02-24-2004 02:44 PM

Advertisments