Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > 71-621 : UPG: Upgrading your MCDST Certification to MCITP Enterpri

71-621 : UPG: Upgrading your MCDST Certification to MCITP Enterpri

Montreal MCT

We do not know the answer. I will tell you this: Beta exams are open until
the number of people they want to reach have registered, and then
registration is closed. In all this time that you have been worried about
when the exam ends you have probably missed your opportunity to take it. If
it is still open then you got lucky and just register for the exam: If you
can register on the 6th then it was the 12th, if you cannot register on the
6th then it was the 5th. Period. Move on.

"Lasher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9894F3E701BACharhargofuskyourself@207.46.2 48.16...
> "Martins Lorencis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:euMmxE#(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Evening!
>> As of yet no one has answered my question about 71-621 beta exam
>> availability. In MS e-mail it states that it will be available till
>> 5th of January and on MS website it says 12th of January. I`ve also
>> sent an e-mail to MS support team, but haven`t received an answer yet.
>>
>> Also, is any of few available books on Amazon worth buying as a study
>> material for exam? Like - Windows Vista for Dummies ? LOL or Windows
>> Vista Administrators Pocket Consultant ?
>>

> Call them on Monday. 800-636-7544.
>
> --
> -Lasher
> MCNGP #50
> www.mcngp.com > all

Michael D. Alligood

Agreed. What was I thinking?!?

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

news:(E-Mail Removed):

srgiridharan@gmail.com

Montreal MCT wrote:
> We do not know the answer. I will tell you this: Beta exams are open until
> the number of people they want to reach have registered, and then
> registration is closed. In all this time that you have been worried about
> when the exam ends you have probably missed your opportunity to take it. If
> it is still open then you got lucky and just register for the exam: If you
> can register on the 6th then it was the 12th, if you cannot register on the
> 6th then it was the 5th. Period. Move on.

> "Lasher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9894F3E701BACharhargofuskyourself@207.46.2 48.16...
> > "Martins Lorencis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > news:euMmxE#(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> >> Evening!
> >> As of yet no one has answered my question about 71-621 beta exam
> >> availability. In MS e-mail it states that it will be available till
> >> 5th of January and on MS website it says 12th of January. I`ve also
> >> sent an e-mail to MS support team, but haven`t received an answer yet.
> >>
> >> Also, is any of few available books on Amazon worth buying as a study
> >> material for exam? Like - Windows Vista for Dummies ? LOL or Windows
> >> Vista Administrators Pocket Consultant ?
> >>

> > Call them on Monday. 800-636-7544.
> >
> > --
> > -Lasher
> > MCNGP #50
> > www.mcngp.com > all

Hi Lasher, when will the registrations close?! Any idea about that??
If I pass the beta exam will I receive a new welcome kit for MCITP.?
-Giri,15,MCDST,MCP,INDIA

Montreal MCT

Giri if you pass the exam you will become a MCITP. The registration closes
when they reach their quota... and there is no getting around that. However
if you do write the beta exam and pass it, YES you will receive another
Welcome Kit.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> Montreal MCT wrote:
>> We do not know the answer. I will tell you this: Beta exams are open
>> until
>> the number of people they want to reach have registered, and then
>> registration is closed. In all this time that you have been worried
>> about
>> when the exam ends you have probably missed your opportunity to take it.
>> If
>> it is still open then you got lucky and just register for the exam: If
>> you
>> can register on the 6th then it was the 12th, if you cannot register on
>> the
>> 6th then it was the 5th. Period. Move on.

>> "Lasher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:Xns9894F3E701BACharhargofuskyourself@207.46.2 48.16...
>> > "Martins Lorencis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> > news:euMmxE#(E-Mail Removed):

>> > Call them on Monday. 800-636-7544.
>> >
>> > --
>> > -Lasher
>> > MCNGP #50
>> > www.mcngp.com > all

> Hi Lasher, when will the registrations close?! Any idea about that??
> If I pass the beta exam will I receive a new welcome kit for MCITP.?
> -Giri,15,MCDST,MCP,INDIA

Ray Frangie

Hi All,

I completed this exam on Friday, you get 225 Minutes, 180 (3 Hrs) to
actually do the exam, so it's the same as most of the other Microsoft Exams
regarding timing.

The exam has a mix of everything, mainly focusing on upgrading, installing,
and administering Windows Vista, as well as troubleshooting it, hardware
compatibility and the like.

For those that passed MCDST a breeze, and have used Windows Vista since Beta
days, you shouldn't really find it that difficult to complete. I was out of
there in 90 Mins.

The only problem here, is that you need to wait 6 - 8 weeks after the Beta
Period Ends, which means it may be Late March / Early April, before the
results are in.

In any case, Good Luck to all who qualified for this exam.

Looking forward to hearing your stories about it soon

Cheers,
Ray Frangie.

MCITP: EA and MCITP: SA Polo MCITP 2 07-31-2009 04:46 AM
MCITP: Database Developer and MCITP: Database Administrator Robert MCITP 7 12-20-2008 08:59 AM
Upgrading from MCDST Certification to MCITP Enterprise Support Kevin Stone MCDST 12 03-10-2008 05:51 AM
Does upgrading to the MCITP cert negate the MCDST? Joe Navy MCDST 1 02-08-2008 07:33 PM
Is the Upgrade exam from MCDST to MCITP still available? =?Utf-8?B?Z2l4eGVy?= Microsoft Certification 2 05-29-2007 03:21 AM

Advertisments