Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > December 6 Vista Certification Live Meeting (and info re: MCDST toVista)

December 6 Vista Certification Live Meeting (and info re: MCDST toVista)

Jonathan Roberts

http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/...-to-vista.aspx

Reminder that tomorrow (Wednesday, December 6) we're hosting Live
Meetings to show you the Vista certification paths and upgrade
options... and Q&A with the certification product manager and the Office
training portfolio manager (who knows what, when, and localization plan
for our Office courseware, e-learning, books, and exams).

If you haven't finished your MCDST - check out a discount on related
e-learning to help you finish... might be a good move as there is just
one upgrade exam from MCDST to MCTS: Vista AND MCITP: Enterprise Support
(70-621).

Here's the landing page about the Live Meeting, we'll update this with
the upgrade exam offer when it's live:
https://www.microsoft.com/learning/m...e/default.mspx
Published Tuesday, December 05, 2006 6:34 PM by http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Filed under: vista, certification, vista certification, MCDST

Keith Chilton

Can you mess around with Vista on Virual Server 2005 for free without having
actually bought the Install CD? I guess there was a beta version out there
for it awhile back. Is that still available? I would like to eventually
become certified in that as well if there is only 1 test for it after MCDST,
then why not go for it? I personally haven't decided if upgrading to Vista
on my home PC is what I want to do yet. I think my graphics card will have
to be upgraded for that little venture.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Keith Chilton wrote:
> Can you mess around with Vista on Virual Server 2005 for free without having
> actually bought the Install CD? I guess there was a beta version out there
> for it awhile back. Is that still available? I would like to eventually
> become certified in that as well if there is only 1 test for it after MCDST,
> then why not go for it? I personally haven't decided if upgrading to Vista
> on my home PC is what I want to do yet. I think my graphics card will have
> to be upgraded for that little venture.

I don't believe you can get the beta now if you didn't sign up a while
ago. Personally, I don't like Vista much but that could be due to lack
of experience. I am content that most companies will be on 2000 and XP
for many years to come.

MS has started putting out "virtual hard drives" for Virtual Server
2005. So far, this is restricted to server products (SQL, ISA,
Exchange, Windows 2003 Server). It would be great if they put out a VHD
for Vista at some point. All of the VHD's work like evaluation copies.
Pretty neat stuff.

Keith Chilton

Interesting. Thanks!