Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Re: 70-272 test on Monday

Re: 70-272 test on Monday

Lnkwizard2

"A girl" <A http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Someone mentioned that the test actually has multiple sections that are
> graded individually, even though you don't see those individual scores,
> and
> then the score you're given is actually some combination of those scores
> and
> that to pass you must have a passing score on each of those ares.
> Firstly, I
> have no idea how reliable this information is, but I'm curious if it's
> true.
> Also, please don't "yell" at me if this isn't something we're not supposed
> talk about. I have no idea and am not trying to say anything
> inappropriate.
> I only add that because I noticed there are lots of hall monitors around
> adding people to black lists. Don't get me wrong, I know the integrity of
> the results is important but being new I can see why some people might not
> realize what they're saying or asking might be unethical.
>
> In case it's important: I have limited experience as an Ass't Systems
> Admin,
> helping about 40 people. I've never taken a Microsoft exam. I've been
> self-studying for a few weeks with the MSPress books and score about 80%
> on
> the practice tests but ALWAYS do poorly on the same two sections:
> Configuring
> Security and Configuring and Troubleshooting Applications--which I'm
> working
> on and yes I realize they are pretty important. Anyway, by poorly I
> mean
> 65-75%. Advice? ...besides studying those two sections more.
> Information? Thanks in advance.
>
> Oh, and also, what's this Test Insurance thing? Has anyone ever used it
> and
> how much did they charge you?
>
> A girl.

You are correct in that some of us do yell. However, if you will
notice this "yelling" is directed at the clueless ones who just
barge in and ask inane questions that they could have answered
by simple research on their part. On the other hand, your
question shows that you ahve done some research, tried to
find a coherent answer, but are still having a bit of confusion
as to the details. We generally don't "yell" at folks who do that.

As for the exam insurance, if you are refering to the one referenced
on the Microsoft web pages here is a link that may help with
that particular issue.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...q/default.mspx

In a nutshell if they are a MS partner and are participating in the program
then it is legit. MS has a spot on their certification website to look
that info up.

Lnkwizard2

"A girl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You are absolutely right. I've noticed a few people who are clearly not
> paying attention. Point taken.
>
> Thanks for responding. I can't stress how helpful this forum has been.
> It's especially funny to me since I'd never even heard of newsgroups
> before I
> bought the MSPress 70-272 book.
>
> Yeah, the offers I've seen have all been related to Microsoft. I've tried
> contacting them for information but no one will get back to me. It's good
> know that they are legit, if Microsoft-related. But, still looking for
> someone who has used it. They say that if you fail then they pay for the
> re-take and if you pass they pay for your next one. Sounds like a great
> idea
> since I want to take a bunch more exams but I can't get any information on
> if
> their offer only lasts for so long after the test or how much they charge.
> They say they'll call you back but they never do. They must be men.
>
> Thanks!

If you'll check the link in my previous post you'll get most of
your answers there. As to cost, it looks like it is a regional
thing and you will have to contact a participating partner
which can by found on the exam insurance web page.

This is the part where you get reference point provided but
now you get to do some digging on your own. BTW, I did
some checking so I know the answers are there.

In case your newsreader blipped it, here is the link again

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...q/default.mspx

Jonathan Roberts

A girl wrote:
> But, I'm asking about price because I know you have to contact the people to
> find out the price. I detailed my attempts at that, sooooo I'm asking if
> anyone else has bought it to find out what they paid. That's all. If you
> haven't used it then you haven't used it. Someone else can answer or not but
> the question is still on the table.

I called the local provider in my area and they haven't gotten back to
me yet. I have a feeling that this isn't finalized yet.

Another interesting thing is that if you buy the insurance for an exam
and take the exam before the end of January 2007 you get a free 1-year
subscription to Technet. That alone is worth 300+ so I will be buying
the insurance once I can find someone to sell it to me!

Jonathan

A girl

Well, that IS interesting. I did not see that in my clearly
less-than-thorough review of the site. I was hooked after I found out it was
Fail=next test free or Pass=25% off next test. Thanks for the information.

Good luck on getting someone to return your call. Apparently, they don't
actually want our money. Go figure... If you find out how much it is
then you can always feel free to come back and post it, just for kicks.
Thanks!

"Jonathan Roberts" wrote:

> A girl wrote:
> > But, I'm asking about price because I know you have to contact the people to
> > find out the price. I detailed my attempts at that, sooooo I'm asking if
> > anyone else has bought it to find out what they paid. That's all. If you
> > haven't used it then you haven't used it. Someone else can answer or not but
> > the question is still on the table.

> I called the local provider in my area and they haven't gotten back to
> me yet. I have a feeling that this isn't finalized yet.
>
> Another interesting thing is that if you buy the insurance for an exam
> and take the exam before the end of January 2007 you get a free 1-year
> subscription to Technet. That alone is worth 300+ so I will be buying
> the insurance once I can find someone to sell it to me!
>
> Jonathan

Jonathan Roberts

A girl wrote:
> Well, that IS interesting. I did not see that in my clearly
> less-than-thorough review of the site. I was hooked after I found out it was
> Fail=next test free or Pass=25% off next test. Thanks for the information.
>
> Good luck on getting someone to return your call. Apparently, they don't
> actually want our money. Go figure... If you find out how much it is
> then you can always feel free to come back and post it, just for kicks.
> Thanks!

I will post if/when I hear back... In the meanwhile, here is the link
on what I mentioned:

http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/...xam-offer.aspx.

Jonathan