Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Best Certofication fo Me

Best Certofication fo Me

kela-ann

Should I start with the MCP or the MCDST certification programmes. Paying in
mind that I am a network administrator with little less than 30 xp clients.
What would better help me in perorming my tasks.

Chefdenker

After you pass your first MCDST exam you will me an MCP.

"kela-ann" wrote:

> Should I start with the MCP or the MCDST certification programmes. Paying in
> mind that I am a network administrator with little less than 30 xp clients.
> What would better help me in perorming my tasks.

kela-ann

I've read posts saying basically that the MS press book doesn't really cover
what the cram does. Which material do you think it's the best to start
studying with?

"Chefdenker" wrote:

> After you pass your first MCDST exam you will me an MCP.
>
> "kela-ann" wrote:
>
> > Should I start with the MCP or the MCDST certification programmes. Paying in
> > mind that I am a network administrator with little less than 30 xp clients.
> > What would better help me in perorming my tasks.

Chefdenker

I read the MS Press book first and then read the Exam Cram book. Both book
are pretty good and recommend your try to get a hold of both of them.

"kela-ann" wrote:

> I've read posts saying basically that the MS press book doesn't really cover
> what the cram does. Which material do you think it's the best to start
> studying with?
>
> "Chefdenker" wrote:
>
> > After you pass your first MCDST exam you will me an MCP.
> >
> > "kela-ann" wrote:
> >
> > > Should I start with the MCP or the MCDST certification programmes. Paying in
> > > mind that I am a network administrator with little less than 30 xp clients.
> > > What would better help me in perorming my tasks.

DD

It's really a matter of opinion. I would suggest you go to the bookstore (the
large chains should carry both) and browse through both. The MS press book
gives you more questions and personally I found the questions to be a very
important study tool once I thought I understood the concepts.

DD