Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > training material

training material

TJ

Has anyone ever heard of and actually used ActualTests.com? How is the
material? Very helpful and informative?

Lnkwizard2

"TJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone ever heard of and actually used ActualTests.com? How is the
> material? Very helpful and informative?

It is a braindump that is used by A$$FUSCKERS
and the only thing it is good for is the loss of your
certs and being banned from ever getting your MS certs.

TJ

that does not make any sense. has anyone ever used any training material? If
so, what do you recommend?

"Lnkwizard2" wrote:

> "TJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Has anyone ever heard of and actually used ActualTests.com? How is the
> > material? Very helpful and informative?

> It is a braindump that is used by A$$FUSCKERS
> and the only thing it is good for is the loss of your
> certs and being banned from ever getting your MS certs.

Lnkwizard2

"TJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> that does not make any sense. has anyone ever used any training material?
> If
> so, what do you recommend?

Okay, I'll try and make this simple.

ActualTests is a B@INDUMP site, if you use their study
material you are cheating yourself, your employer, and your
fellow technicians. If you are caught using this material,
Microsoft will strip you of any certifications you may have earned
and you will have earned the everlasting hatred of all the
honest techs who actually studied honest material and spent their
time doing hands-on training to earn their certifications.

Does that clear up the fog?

If not I refer you to the following article:
http://www.gocertify.com/article/braindumps.shtml

As to the second part, two good resources for study material.
Microsoft Knowledge Base and Microsoft Tech Net.
In addition to the above, Google is your friend.

DD

Read my post from today and I explain what materials worked for me. (The Ms
Press Book, Exam Cram and Transcender). Transcender and Exam Cram was
recommended by 2 certified teachers so I was reasonably sure that these were
acceptable materials.

I didn't know what a brain dump site even was until a couple of months ago
and since I would guess that most sites don't advertise "this is a brain dump
site", if you are new to this, it can be very confusing.

I am amazed at how hostile people are instead of trying to give helpful
information. I have now seen at least 3 very nastly posts condemming people
who are just trying to understand the best way to study for these
certifications. I find these hateful posts to be very unproductive.

DD

"TJ" wrote:

> that does not make any sense. has anyone ever used any training material? If
> so, what do you recommend?
>
> "Lnkwizard2" wrote:
>

> > "TJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Has anyone ever heard of and actually used ActualTests.com? How is the
> > > material? Very helpful and informative?

> > It is a braindump that is used by A$$FUSCKERS
> > and the only thing it is good for is the loss of your
> > certs and being banned from ever getting your MS certs.

Michael D. Alligood

I agree with you. It takes little effort to instruct people in a
positive way. I too have witnessed these posts and try not to engage in
the threads if at all possible. I find it amusing that the same people
who oppose brain dumps asks (email me) about questions on the test. To
explain what a brain dump is to those who do not know; it is normally a
web site that contains exact questions to Microsoft exams. 9 out of 10
times you have to pay for it, and 9 out of 10 times they are incorrect.
Anyone advertising "actual exam questions" is a brain dump site. When
taking a Microsoft exam, you must agree to a Non-Disclosure Agreement
which states:

Non-Disclosure Agreement and General Terms of Use

For Exams Developed for the Microsoft Certified Professional Program

This exam is Microsoft confidential and is protected by trade secret
law. It is made available to you, the examinee, solely for the purpose
of becoming certified in the technical area referenced in the title of
this exam. You are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing,
reproducing, or transmitting this exam, in whole or in part, in any form
or by any means, verbal or written, electronic or mechanical, for any
purpose, without the prior express written permission of Microsoft
Corporation.

Click the Yes button to symbolize your signature and to accept these
terms. Click the No button if you do not accept these terms. You must
click Yes to continue with the exam

Look at this carefully! "... in any form or by any means, verbal or
written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior
express written permission of Microsoft Corporation." So please keep
that in mind for those who have sat the exam, and for those who have
not. We, having sit the exam, cannot discuss the contents of the exam.
However, we can discuss study material all day long -- which was the
original purpose of this post! I digress... I love Microsoft Press
books. They have, in recent years, provided a key ingredient in
preparing for an exam. Remember as well, that after you pass any exam,
these books become "reference material", not study guides anymore. You
cannot remember everything, that is why it is in a book. The Exam Cram
series are good for overviews in my opinion. I will use them to "gloss"
over key objectives to see if anything trips me up. Then I will
reference MS Press or TechNet for in depth explanations. TechNet is
invaluable. Its Free and located at http://www.microsoft.com/technet.
Last but not least, if you plan to use practice test material, I
recommend and have used MeasureUp, Self Test Software, and Transcenders.
I normally use them to help condition my mind and body for the long and
tedious exams. If you cannot sit thru a practice exam, you will not sit
thru the actual exam.

As always, you have these newsgroups. Although this particular newsgroup
is smaller in population than other, more popular newsgroups, it is here
nevertheless. There are a few of us still here that enjoy helping
individuals such as yourself in succeeding. We may not always be
correct, but then again who is? That is why google was invented! As
always, if you have any questions for me, post them here or email me
anytime. I am always happy to help.

--
Michael D. Alligood,
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"DD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Read my post from today and I explain what materials worked for me. (The Ms
> Press Book, Exam Cram and Transcender). Transcender and Exam Cram was
> recommended by 2 certified teachers so I was reasonably sure that these were
> acceptable materials.
>
> I didn't know what a brain dump site even was until a couple of months ago
> and since I would guess that most sites don't advertise "this is a brain dump
> site", if you are new to this, it can be very confusing.
>
> I am amazed at how hostile people are instead of trying to give helpful
> information. I have now seen at least 3 very nastly posts condemming people
> who are just trying to understand the best way to study for these
> certifications. I find these hateful posts to be very unproductive.
>
> DD
>
> "TJ" wrote:
>
> > that does not make any sense. has anyone ever used any training material? If
> > so, what do you recommend?
> >
> > "Lnkwizard2" wrote:
> >

> > > "TJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > It is a braindump that is used by A$$FUSCKERS
> > > and the only thing it is good for is the loss of your
> > > certs and being banned from ever getting your MS certs.

TJ

Excellent. Thanks for the honest and understandable answer. You recommend
MeasureUP? Sounds like the difference between measureup and actualtests
ismeasureup offers study guides and practice exams instead of the copyrighted
stuff.

"Michael D. Alligood" wrote:

> [...]
> > recommended by 2 certified teachers so I was reasonably sure that these were
> > acceptable materials.
> >
> > I didn't know what a brain dump site even was until a couple of months ago
> > and since I would guess that most sites don't advertise "this is a brain dump
> > site", if you are new to this, it can be very confusing.
> >
> > I am amazed at how hostile people are instead of trying to give helpful
> > information. I have now seen at least 3 very nastly posts condemming people
> > who are just trying to understand the best way to study for these
> > certifications. I find these hateful posts to be very unproductive.
> >
> > DD
> >
> > "TJ" wrote:
> >
> > > that does not make any sense. has anyone ever used any training material? If
> > > so, what do you recommend?

Lnkwizard2

"DD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
<snipped>

> I am amazed at how hostile people are instead of trying to give helpful
> information. I have now seen at least 3 very nastly posts condemming
> people
> who are just trying to understand the best way to study for these
> certifications. I find these hateful posts to be very unproductive.
>
> DD

If my responses hurt your poor little feelings, too darn bad.
Life isn't always going to be nice, and as far as I know, none
of us live in a world of fluffy bunnies and cuddly lambikins.
I've seen a plethora of premier certs go from being a ticket
to a fantastic job that pays well to being a requirement for
a $5.15/hr entry-level h3ll desk job. Sorry, (actually no, I'm not),
if my attitude hurt your feelings but I would imagine that you
would be just a wee bit PO'ed and have a nasty attitude
if you watched incompetent lusers destroy what took you
many years of blood, sweat, toil, and tears to achieve.

As to being productive, I made my point didn't I? If you
use br@indump material you are an A$$FUSKING cheater
and deserve any and all abuse heaped on you.

If you had bothered to notice I did not ever call the OP an
offensive name. I did however, let him know what he would be,
if he decided to pursue the use of br@indump material.
I also provided some basic sources of study references as well
as a hint at where he might could find a cornucopia of useful
study material. If you can't do some friggin' research on your own,
then you have no business being a tech or admin in the computer
world.

TJ

shut up idiot

"Lnkwizard2" wrote:

> "DD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> <snipped>
>
> > I am amazed at how hostile people are instead of trying to give helpful
> > information. I have now seen at least 3 very nastly posts condemming
> > people
> > who are just trying to understand the best way to study for these
> > certifications. I find these hateful posts to be very unproductive.
> >
> > DD
> >

> If my responses hurt your poor little feelings, too darn bad.
> Life isn't always going to be nice, and as far as I know, none
> of us live in a world of fluffy bunnies and cuddly lambikins.
> I've seen a plethora of premier certs go from being a ticket
> to a fantastic job that pays well to being a requirement for
> a $5.15/hr entry-level h3ll desk job. Sorry, (actually no, I'm not),
> if my attitude hurt your feelings but I would imagine that you
> would be just a wee bit PO'ed and have a nasty attitude
> if you watched incompetent lusers destroy what took you
> many years of blood, sweat, toil, and tears to achieve.
>
> As to being productive, I made my point didn't I? If you
> use br@indump material you are an A$$FUSKING cheater
> and deserve any and all abuse heaped on you.
>
> If you had bothered to notice I did not ever call the OP an
> offensive name. I did however, let him know what he would be,
> if he decided to pursue the use of br@indump material.
> I also provided some basic sources of study references as well
> as a hint at where he might could find a cornucopia of useful
> study material. If you can't do some friggin' research on your own,
> then you have no business being a tech or admin in the computer
> world.

Lnkwizard2

"TJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> shut up idiot

I must have really struck a nerve there. That was
a very erudite response.