Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Study Questions

Study Questions

DD

I am taking the exam on Friday and I have 2 questions:

1. One of the MS practice questions said there was no need for LMHosts or a
Wins server on an unrouted network of 10 workstations because the
workstations can discover each other through broadcast traffic. At what point
is a Wins server or LMHosts needed? What exactly is Broadcast traffic?

2. With service pack 2, the system requiremenents changed but I am unable
to find a simple answer for how much hard disk space and physical memory is
needed if I have a CD of XP with Service pack 2 on it. When I did a clean
install, it took 1.8GB. But when I look on the MS site it gives a chart for
MS recommending for hard disk space and RAM for a clean install from a CD
with service pack 2?

Thanks in advance if someone can answer these questions for me.