Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > CBT Nuggets for testing

CBT Nuggets for testing

IanC

I recently saw someone posting about the CBT Nuggets IT training videos, and
was wondering how many of you out there have tried these. Are they really
worth it? I have books but sometimes it would be nice to break up the
monotony of reading. because sometimes I read and it just does not retain,
especially those late night sessions.

Anyway any feedback on the CBT Nuggets stuff good or bad would be much
appreciated.

Thanks

IanC

Tonyb

Yes , probably my post you saw. Excellent training videos.

"IanC" wrote:

> I recently saw someone posting about the CBT Nuggets IT training videos, and
> was wondering how many of you out there have tried these. Are they really
> worth it? I have books but sometimes it would be nice to break up the
> monotony of reading. because sometimes I read and it just does not retain,
> especially those late night sessions.
>
> Anyway any feedback on the CBT Nuggets stuff good or bad would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> IanC

Michael D. Alligood

Yes they are very helpful if you cannot attend instructor lead training.
A downside is that you cannot ask questions. But that is where you
investigation skills as a technician come into play -- and you have this
and other newsgroups. I would highly suggest them.

Michael D. Alligood

"Tonyb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Yes , probably my post you saw. Excellent training videos.
>
> "IanC" wrote:
>
> > I recently saw someone posting about the CBT Nuggets IT training videos, and
> > was wondering how many of you out there have tried these. Are they really
> > worth it? I have books but sometimes it would be nice to break up the
> > monotony of reading. because sometimes I read and it just does not retain,
> > especially those late night sessions.
> >
> > Anyway any feedback on the CBT Nuggets stuff good or bad would be much
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > IanC

IanC

Ok, Thanks for the input I think I will give one a try.

"Michael D. Alligood" wrote:

> Yes they are very helpful if you cannot attend instructor lead training.
> A downside is that you cannot ask questions. But that is where you
> investigation skills as a technician come into play -- and you have this
> and other newsgroups. I would highly suggest them.
>
> Michael D. Alligood
>
> "Tonyb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Yes , probably my post you saw. Excellent training videos.
> >
> > "IanC" wrote:
> >
> > > I recently saw someone posting about the CBT Nuggets IT training videos, and
> > > was wondering how many of you out there have tried these. Are they really
> > > worth it? I have books but sometimes it would be nice to break up the
> > > monotony of reading. because sometimes I read and it just does not retain,
> > > especially those late night sessions.
> > >
> > > Anyway any feedback on the CBT Nuggets stuff good or bad would be much
> > > appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > IanC

Keith Chilton

I like the sample videos on their site. Their kind of costly though at 150
dollars a pop.

"IanC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I recently saw someone posting about the CBT Nuggets IT training videos,
>and
> was wondering how many of you out there have tried these. Are they really
> worth it? I have books but sometimes it would be nice to break up the
> monotony of reading. because sometimes I read and it just does not retain,
> especially those late night sessions.
>
> Anyway any feedback on the CBT Nuggets stuff good or bad would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> IanC

Michael D. Alligood

I was thinking of selling mine, because I am finished with them.
However, they state on their site:

Our License Agreement* states that, "You may not rent, disclose,
publish, sell, assign, lease, sublicense, market, or transfer the
products." So can you resell our training? The short answer is no.
Here's why.
We prevent the reselling of our training to keep our prices as low as
possible while retaining top-notch trainers. We feel that this is the
best way to serve you, our loyal customers.

As a comparison, you could think of purchasing training from CBT Nuggets
as paying for the right to sit in a specific seat for a specific session
of a class at a training center. You're not buying the seat itself or
the class itself, and so you don't have the right to sell the seat or
the class to another student. Once you've attended the class, you've
received what you purchased. To get their own training, other students
have to pay the training center for the right to sit in that seat - they
can't buy or inherit that right from you.

Our video training gives you the added bonus that you can attend the
class over and over again, as many times as you'd like - but to keep the
price for your training affordable and the quality high, we can't allow
you to invite all your friends without them paying for the class as
well.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed):

> I like the sample videos on their site. Their kind of costly though at 150
> dollars a pop.
>
> "IanC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I recently saw someone posting about the CBT Nuggets IT training videos,
> >and
> > was wondering how many of you out there have tried these. Are they really
> > worth it? I have books but sometimes it would be nice to break up the
> > monotony of reading. because sometimes I read and it just does not retain,
> > especially those late night sessions.
> >
> > Anyway any feedback on the CBT Nuggets stuff good or bad would be much
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > IanC

Keith Chilton

I'm just cheap and I know the Internet is a cheap information source so I'll
continue buying my books and scavenging the web. I did decide today that I
would like to become a MCSA before I'm 30. I'm 27 going on 28 next month.
Actually I should shoot for 29 shouldn't I? One year should be enough time
to get the 3 tests over with. Maybe LoL Well 4 tests (70-271 also)

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eo%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was thinking of selling mine, because I am finished with them. However,
>they state on their site:
>
> Our License Agreement* states that, "You may not rent, disclose, publish,
> sell, assign, lease, sublicense, market, or transfer the products." So can
> you resell our training? The short answer is no. Here's why.
> We prevent the reselling of our training to keep our prices as low as
> possible while retaining top-notch trainers. We feel that this is the best
> way to serve you, our loyal customers.
>
> As a comparison, you could think of purchasing training from CBT Nuggets
> as paying for the right to sit in a specific seat for a specific session
> of a class at a training center. You're not buying the seat itself or the
> class itself, and so you don't have the right to sell the seat or the
> class to another student. Once you've attended the class, you've received
> what you purchased. To get their own training, other students have to pay
> the training center for the right to sit in that seat - they can't buy or
> inherit that right from you.
>
> Our video training gives you the added bonus that you can attend the class
> over and over again, as many times as you'd like - but to keep the price
> for your training affordable and the quality high, we can't allow you to
> invite all your friends without them paying for the class as well.
>

> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor
>

> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I like the sample videos on their site. Their kind of costly though at
>> 150
>> dollars a pop.
>>
>> "IanC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I recently saw someone posting about the CBT Nuggets IT training videos,
>> >and
>> > was wondering how many of you out there have tried these. Are they
>> > really
>> > worth it? I have books but sometimes it would be nice to break up the
>> > monotony of reading. because sometimes I read and it just does not
>> > retain,
>> > especially those late night sessions.
>> >
>> > Anyway any feedback on the CBT Nuggets stuff good or bad would be much
>> > appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > IanC

Michael D. Alligood

The time to achieve your certification depends on your schedule. But a
year should be PLENTY of time. I achieved my MCSA at 27; I am 30 now. I
wish there was a way for me to sale you the CBT Nuggets, since I do not
need them anymore. I would offer them for a very reasonable price too.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
CIW Certified Instructor

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm just cheap and I know the Internet is a cheap information source so I'll
> continue buying my books and scavenging the web. I did decide today that I
> would like to become a MCSA before I'm 30. I'm 27 going on 28 next month.
> Actually I should shoot for 29 shouldn't I? One year should be enough time
> to get the 3 tests over with. Maybe LoL Well 4 tests (70-271 also)
>
> "Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eo%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I was thinking of selling mine, because I am finished with them. However,
> >they state on their site:
> >
> > Our License Agreement* states that, "You may not rent, disclose, publish,
> > sell, assign, lease, sublicense, market, or transfer the products." So can
> > you resell our training? The short answer is no. Here's why.
> > We prevent the reselling of our training to keep our prices as low as
> > possible while retaining top-notch trainers. We feel that this is the best
> > way to serve you, our loyal customers.
> >
> > As a comparison, you could think of purchasing training from CBT Nuggets
> > as paying for the right to sit in a specific seat for a specific session
> > of a class at a training center. You're not buying the seat itself or the
> > class itself, and so you don't have the right to sell the seat or the
> > class to another student. Once you've attended the class, you've received
> > what you purchased. To get their own training, other students have to pay
> > the training center for the right to sit in that seat - they can't buy or
> > inherit that right from you.
> >
> > Our video training gives you the added bonus that you can attend the class
> > over and over again, as many times as you'd like - but to keep the price
> > for your training affordable and the quality high, we can't allow you to
> > invite all your friends without them paying for the class as well.
> >

> > --
> > Michael D. Alligood
> > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> > CIW Certified Instructor
> >

> > "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:#(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> >> I like the sample videos on their site. Their kind of costly though at
> >> 150
> >> dollars a pop.
> >>
> >> "IanC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news(E-Mail Removed)...

Keith Chilton

That would be great but it's not possible legally.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

Anyone used CBT nuggets pbrew MCSD 0 06-09-2005 09:56 PM
Sybex, CBT Nuggets, and Study Notes For Sale SY0-101 ButtercupsMom Microsoft Certification 0 05-01-2005 01:05 PM
CBT Nuggets Roger Microsoft Certification 1 08-12-2004 08:35 PM
CBT Nuggets for Sale! CJ Microsoft Certification 7 02-28-2004 07:16 PM
Re: CBT Nuggets products Peace Microsoft Certification 1 12-26-2003 01:05 PM

Advertisments