Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Can I use the MCDST Self Paced Training kit for my business?

Can I use the MCDST Self Paced Training kit for my business?

Rluker

I am a currently looking into MCDST traiing for a handful of my call center
technitions for a major OEM computer company. My question is this, Can I
purchase say, 10 books, and reuse them to train others that have the
potential to pass? I've looked through the MS information reguarding this,
and even sent an e-mail inquiring about it, but i've been given nothing but
canned responses. So, Is there a problem? Or does anyone have a better idea
than doing it this way?

Michael D. Alligood

What "books" are you referring to? Microsoft Official Curriculums? Off
the shelf book (i.e. Microsoft Press Kits). Regardless, as long as the
books remain the property of the company, I do not foresee an issue. If
you "sale" them to your employees than they own them. Now with that
said, I am pretty sure there are legality issues with you "duplicating"
MOC kits. I would steer clear of doing that.

Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
CIW Certified Instructor.