Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > [70-271] Am I prepared enough?

[70-271] Am I prepared enough?

Shot Into Eternity

Hey everyone. My name is Kevin, and I'm going to be taking the 70-271 on
Saturday, 10/14. My concern about the exam basically comes down to money: my
company will pay for the test as long as I pass, but if I don't, I lose $125.
I'm sure a lot of you are in similar situations. Basically, I've studied a
hell of a lot, but I have more time than money.

I've been working with the Microsoft Press book about 4 or 5 times and have
taken the MeasureUp guide on the CD, as well as reading a little in the
ExamCram books. At this point, I'm only scoring around 90% on the MeasureUp
study questions and around 80% on the actual practice tests (with the
annoying "put these steps in the right order" questions). I understand that
you need a 700 to pass, but if I'm correct in understanding that this number
has no correlation to percent correct, I'm a little worried. What would you
approximate is a passing percentage score? Also, I've seen a little
discussion about this in the past, but exactly how much more difficult are
the MeasureUp questions than the questions on the actual test?

Is there anything else you would recommend doing to study for the exam?
Maybe I'm making a bigger deal out of this than I should, but it's already
Thursday, and I'm starting to get a little nervous. Thanks for all your help!

Nick Rose

I took the 70-271 on Monday.
I got a score of 899, I went through the same prep stages you did.
The measure up tests are a good source of the question style although I
found most were multiple choice, odd one with an example to click on.
Only advice I can give is try and be relaxed and make sure you know the
rules associated with the questions not just the answers.

Good Luck

"Shot Into Eternity" wrote:

> Hey everyone. My name is Kevin, and I'm going to be taking the 70-271 on
> Saturday, 10/14. My concern about the exam basically comes down to money: my
> company will pay for the test as long as I pass, but if I don't, I lose $125.
> I'm sure a lot of you are in similar situations. Basically, I've studied a
> hell of a lot, but I have more time than money.
>
> I've been working with the Microsoft Press book about 4 or 5 times and have
> taken the MeasureUp guide on the CD, as well as reading a little in the
> ExamCram books. At this point, I'm only scoring around 90% on the MeasureUp
> study questions and around 80% on the actual practice tests (with the
> annoying "put these steps in the right order" questions). I understand that
> you need a 700 to pass, but if I'm correct in understanding that this number
> has no correlation to percent correct, I'm a little worried. What would you
> approximate is a passing percentage score? Also, I've seen a little
> discussion about this in the past, but exactly how much more difficult are
> the MeasureUp questions than the questions on the actual test?
>
> Is there anything else you would recommend doing to study for the exam?
> Maybe I'm making a bigger deal out of this than I should, but it's already
> Thursday, and I'm starting to get a little nervous. Thanks for all your help!

Marco Hahnen

I read only the first pages of the ms book, after that I learned with the
readiness suite. I scored around 82% and took the test with 933 Points. It's
easier than the readiness suite imo.

"Nick Rose" wrote:

> I took the 70-271 on Monday.
> I got a score of 899, I went through the same prep stages you did.
> The measure up tests are a good source of the question style although I
> found most were multiple choice, odd one with an example to click on.
> Only advice I can give is try and be relaxed and make sure you know the
> rules associated with the questions not just the answers.
>
> Good Luck
>
> "Shot Into Eternity" wrote:
>
> > Hey everyone. My name is Kevin, and I'm going to be taking the 70-271 on
> > Saturday, 10/14. My concern about the exam basically comes down to money: my
> > company will pay for the test as long as I pass, but if I don't, I lose $125.
> > I'm sure a lot of you are in similar situations. Basically, I've studied a
> > hell of a lot, but I have more time than money.
> >
> > I've been working with the Microsoft Press book about 4 or 5 times and have
> > taken the MeasureUp guide on the CD, as well as reading a little in the
> > ExamCram books. At this point, I'm only scoring around 90% on the MeasureUp
> > study questions and around 80% on the actual practice tests (with the
> > annoying "put these steps in the right order" questions). I understand that
> > you need a 700 to pass, but if I'm correct in understanding that this number
> > has no correlation to percent correct, I'm a little worried. What would you
> > approximate is a passing percentage score? Also, I've seen a little
> > discussion about this in the past, but exactly how much more difficult are
> > the MeasureUp questions than the questions on the actual test?
> >
> > Is there anything else you would recommend doing to study for the exam?
> > Maybe I'm making a bigger deal out of this than I should, but it's already
> > Thursday, and I'm starting to get a little nervous. Thanks for all your help!

Shailesh Das

You have prepared enough go and give the Exam. I also prepared that much and
i got 93% in 70-271.
"Shot Into Eternity" <Shot Into http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Wasn't prepared for 70-291! JC MCSE 20 03-26-2006 11:06 PM
Prepared statement Hans Bijvoet Java 2 02-04-2005 01:51 AM
how to do prepared statement in jstl sql way java9394 Java 0 04-19-2004 09:10 PM
Stupid question? long format, with prepared statement Smashingraph Java 1 09-02-2003 12:39 PM
--- Associated statement is not prepared - SQL Agent Panther ASP .Net 0 07-02-2003 04:39 AM

Advertisments