Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > OT: Let it all out!!!

OT: Let it all out!!!

"Scuba_Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You need to look up the definition of Spam
> Spam is generally unwanted/unrelated posts/letter/e-mails that you are not
> interested in or do not apply to the general topic at hand
> This post directly relates to the topic at hand & certification
> I've hired my share of braindumped trained people who are incompetent &
> can't do the job they were hired to do. And with today's companies it is
> usually VERY hard to get rid of an employee. It took 2 months of my time

> get rid of one incompetent IT person. Time I did not have. If sites like
> CertGuard keep incompetent people out of IT field then I am all for it
> No wonder a LOT of companies shy away from hiring people who have
> Certifications but do not have experience. The certifications to some

extent
> mean nothing to me as a hiring manager. They only mean the person will be
> looking for more $$ that they may not have the experiance tojustify
>
> Just my opinion based on 20+ years of expereince with IT

lowdes is one of those people that doesn't care about what you say, unless
it benefits him. But the rest of us feel the same way you do Dave.

From what I understand, in California it is MUCH easier to fire someone
these days. The guy I just quit working for this past Friday fired 1 of the
2 office admin (nothing to do with computers) girls on Wednesday...KNOWING
that I was leaving two days later. The reasons (he didn't tell her this)
were....1, she was ditzy, and 2, she had a real good working relationship
with the lead engineer.

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to fire a person for 'false
advertising'. All the employer would have to do is prove that the person
doesn't have the knowledge that is written on the resume, but only if it
came to a court's decision.

--
BD
MCNGP #51

Jtyc

> From what I understand, in California it is MUCH easier to fire someone
> these days.

Not in the state government.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > From what I understand, in California it is MUCH easier to fire someone
> > these days.

> Not in the state government.

State regulations are state regulations...but I understand how the State
Gov't doesn't have to abide by those.

--
BD
MCNGP #51
-- You think you know IT?!
-- Check out the new forums at: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/

LRM

"Scuba_Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You need to look up the definition of Spam
> Spam is generally unwanted/unrelated posts/letter/e-mails that you are not
> interested in or do not apply to the general topic at hand
> This post directly relates to the topic at hand & certification
> I've hired my share of braindumped trained people who are incompetent &
> can't do the job they were hired to do. And with today's companies it is
> usually VERY hard to get rid of an employee. It took 2 months of my time
> get rid of one incompetent IT person. Time I did not have. If sites like
> CertGuard keep incompetent people out of IT field then I am all for it
> No wonder a LOT of companies shy away from hiring people who have
> Certifications but do not have experience. The certifications to some
> extent
> mean nothing to me as a hiring manager. They only mean the person will be
> looking for more $$ that they may not have the experiance tojustify
>
> Just my opinion based on 20+ years of expereince with IT

word

--
LRM
MCNGP 7^2

Cerebrus

John_Galt*EditUndo = (NCC1701D:23.C-22+5150)(Building(7).Room(103)) =
2964 = @ != @ wrote:

> See, I would prefer to be able to get a job where I was incompetent, and be
> able to be a complete waste of time, but I usually wind up doing a good job,
> and realising that the bosses are incompetent.

Don't worry about it, that's another not-so-apparent MCNGP
characteristic.

Cerebrus.
MCNGP #LIV (LIVewire ! Don't touch !)

Join the fight against Br@indumps