Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Upgrading question

Upgrading question

Trish

Hi all, Question for you. I have the Microsoft Press books for MCDST. In
the book it says you have to have Service Pak 5 to upgrade to XP
Professional. I ordered a lecture course and they say you need service pak 6
to upgrade to XP professional. Does anyone know which is right? Thanks.
Trish

Montreal MCT

Hi Trish,

If you are talking about Windows NT 4.0 to Windows XP, then you need to have
Service Pack 5 installed. Having said that it is the best practice when
upgrading any operating system to first make sure that all service packs and
subsequent patches. It is the old question of minimum versus recommended:
Minimum will usually work, while recommended will always work better.

Good luck!

"Trish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all, Question for you. I have the Microsoft Press books for MCDST. In
> the book it says you have to have Service Pak 5 to upgrade to XP
> Professional. I ordered a lecture course and they say you need service
> pak 6
> to upgrade to XP professional. Does anyone know which is right? Thanks.
> Trish

Trish

Thanks a bunch. Yes, I meant NT 4. Sorry for not making that clear.