Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Passed part II today; some reflections.....

Passed part II today; some reflections.....

Kevin

I took 271 about 2 weeks ago and passed; I took 272 this morning and passed.
If I had to give anyone advice about this certification, I would tell them
to AVOID the "transcenders" and the other obvious BS cert sites. The
MICROSOFT training CD's that were for this certification were much more
comprehensive and didn't try to teach test answers like the others. I wasted
$$ and should not have - I should have known better, but with my wild
schedule, I thought I would try some cut-rate cert site that "promised"
passing grades in x-weeks. I realized after day 2 it was BS, but the one
thing it did do was get me angry enough to find the MS resources and use them
before I took the tests.

Mark Hatfield

Are you saying that the Transcender and Measure Up practice tests are not a
good simulation of the actual exam?

Mark

"Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I took 271 about 2 weeks ago and passed; I took 272 this morning and

passed.
> If I had to give anyone advice about this certification, I would tell

them
> to AVOID the "transcenders" and the other obvious BS cert sites. The
> MICROSOFT training CD's that were for this certification were much more
> comprehensive and didn't try to teach test answers like the others. I

wasted
> $$ and should not have - I should have known better, but with my wild
> schedule, I thought I would try some cut-rate cert site that "promised"
> passing grades in x-weeks. I realized after day 2 it was BS, but the one
> thing it did do was get me angry enough to find the MS resources and use

them
> before I took the tests.

Kevin

I'm not sure about "MeasureUp", but I did the Transcenders (And a few
others)and maybe MS is staying a couple of steps ahead of them, but while I
did learn some concepts from Transcenders, I don't feel it prepared me nearly
as much as the MS CD's that cover MCDST

"Mark Hatfield" wrote:

> Are you saying that the Transcender and Measure Up practice tests are not a
> good simulation of the actual exam?
>
> Mark
>
> "Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I took 271 about 2 weeks ago and passed; I took 272 this morning and

> passed.
> > If I had to give anyone advice about this certification, I would tell

> them
> > to AVOID the "transcenders" and the other obvious BS cert sites. The
> > MICROSOFT training CD's that were for this certification were much more
> > comprehensive and didn't try to teach test answers like the others. I

> wasted
> > $$ and should not have - I should have known better, but with my wild
> > schedule, I thought I would try some cut-rate cert site that "promised"
> > passing grades in x-weeks. I realized after day 2 it was BS, but the one
> > thing it did do was get me angry enough to find the MS resources and use

> them
> > before I took the tests.

Mark Hatfield

Which CD's in particular? The ones that come with the 70-271 and 70-272
Self Paced Training Kits?

Mark

"Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm not sure about "MeasureUp", but I did the Transcenders (And a few
> others)and maybe MS is staying a couple of steps ahead of them, but while

> did learn some concepts from Transcenders, I don't feel it prepared me

nearly
> as much as the MS CD's that cover MCDST
>
> "Mark Hatfield" wrote:
>
> > Are you saying that the Transcender and Measure Up practice tests are

not a
> > good simulation of the actual exam?
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > "Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I took 271 about 2 weeks ago and passed; I took 272 this morning and

> > passed.
> > > If I had to give anyone advice about this certification, I would tell

> > them
> > > to AVOID the "transcenders" and the other obvious BS cert sites. The
> > > MICROSOFT training CD's that were for this certification were much

more
> > > comprehensive and didn't try to teach test answers like the others. I

> > wasted
> > > $$ and should not have - I should have known better, but with my wild
> > > schedule, I thought I would try some cut-rate cert site that

"promised"
> > > passing grades in x-weeks. I realized after day 2 it was BS, but the

one
> > > thing it did do was get me angry enough to find the MS resources and

use
> > them
> > > before I took the tests.

Kevin

I believe so

"Mark Hatfield" wrote:

> Which CD's in particular? The ones that come with the 70-271 and 70-272
> Self Paced Training Kits?
>
> Mark
>
> "Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm not sure about "MeasureUp", but I did the Transcenders (And a few
> > others)and maybe MS is staying a couple of steps ahead of them, but while

> > did learn some concepts from Transcenders, I don't feel it prepared me

> nearly
> > as much as the MS CD's that cover MCDST
> >
> > "Mark Hatfield" wrote:
> >
> > > Are you saying that the Transcender and Measure Up practice tests are

> not a
> > > good simulation of the actual exam?
> > >
> > > Mark
> > >
> > > "Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > passed.
> > > them

> more
> > > wasted

> "promised"

> one

> use
> > > them

Mark Hatfield

???

Mark

"Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I believe so
>
> "Mark Hatfield" wrote:
>
> > Which CD's in particular? The ones that come with the 70-271 and 70-272
> > Self Paced Training Kits?
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > "Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I'm not sure about "MeasureUp", but I did the Transcenders (And a few
> > > others)and maybe MS is staying a couple of steps ahead of them, but

while
> > > did learn some concepts from Transcenders, I don't feel it prepared me

> > nearly
> > > as much as the MS CD's that cover MCDST

are
> > not a

and

tell

The

> > more

others. I

wild

> > "promised"

the
> > one

and
> > use

Philippa Bursey

Yes I too am a little concerned over Transcenders too
news:(E-Mail Removed)...