Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Turning off offline files sync on wireless connection

Turning off offline files sync on wireless connection

Jon Earley

Hi all,

I have a laptop with 2 network connections - wired and wireless. Most of the
time the PC is connected to our office network via the wired connection.
Certain files and folders and setup for synchronization so I can work on
them when I am out of the office. This all works fine.

The problem occurs when I get home to my wireless connection. As soon as
Windows XP sees the wireless network it tries to synchronize my offline
files and folders with our office network, which of course it can't find.
The synchronization process then tends to lock up for a minute or so and
then eventually comes back and says it can't find the server.

Is there any way I can tell Windows not to try and resync my offline files
using my wireless connection and to only do it when the wired connection is
present ?

Thanks.