Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > MCDST? MCSE and Cisco Certification?

MCDST? MCSE and Cisco Certification?

Implacable

after reading what the other guys said about the route to take, I actually
have one question to ask.....How are you guys getting this training; is it in
a private institution, bootcamp, community college, self study?
I just finish about 8 months at UEI and got my A+ certification, and i am
studying for the 70-272 exam for MCDST and 70-210 for MCP. after that i am
looking to go for MCSE and Cisco. One option is bootcamp for MCSE and
Security + (around $9,000) in 14 days or MCSE based on Security (around
$4,500) in 6 months, 8 hours a week. I know that community colleges have MCSE
but don't know about the price and the lenght. I have no background
experience except what I learn at UEI. any suggestions?
--
A+ Certified Proffesional

Ronda

You can easily self study for all of your Microsoft exams and it doesn't have
to take forever either.
--
Ronda
MCSE+I, MCDBA, A+, Network+

"Implacable" wrote:

> after reading what the other guys said about the route to take, I actually
> have one question to ask.....How are you guys getting this training; is it in
> a private institution, bootcamp, community college, self study?
> I just finish about 8 months at UEI and got my A+ certification, and i am
> studying for the 70-272 exam for MCDST and 70-210 for MCP. after that i am
> looking to go for MCSE and Cisco. One option is bootcamp for MCSE and
> Security + (around $9,000) in 14 days or MCSE based on Security (around
> $4,500) in 6 months, 8 hours a week. I know that community colleges have MCSE
> but don't know about the price and the lenght. I have no background
> experience except what I learn at UEI. any suggestions?
> --
> A+ Certified Proffesional

Gis Bun

Don't bother with these courses offered by training companies - the ones that
last for 3 days and 24 hours total. They tend to be useless.

My ex-boss went for a CCNA. Ain't no way you can go through all that stuff
properly in 5 days!

"Implacable" wrote:

> after reading what the other guys said about the route to take, I actually
> have one question to ask.....How are you guys getting this training; is it in
> a private institution, bootcamp, community college, self study?
> I just finish about 8 months at UEI and got my A+ certification, and i am
> studying for the 70-272 exam for MCDST and 70-210 for MCP. after that i am
> looking to go for MCSE and Cisco. One option is bootcamp for MCSE and
> Security + (around $9,000) in 14 days or MCSE based on Security (around
> $4,500) in 6 months, 8 hours a week. I know that community colleges have MCSE
> but don't know about the price and the lenght. I have no background
> experience except what I learn at UEI. any suggestions?
> --
> A+ Certified Proffesional

Implacable

that is really good to hear, since i was planning on taking mcse for about
$4,500. 6 months, 2 times a week for 4 hours or saturday 8 hours. i think
like you, there is so much to learn and 8 hours a week won't do it. Boot camp
is 14 days for mcse and security plus for about $9,000.
--
A+ Certified Proffesional