Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Measureup

Measureup

Chris Macleod

Hi,

I am going both exams on the 21st. I am using the MS academic course books
and measureup. Just want to know what people that have taken the exams
thing of measureup. Are the tests realistic, are they what i should expect
to see in the real exam?

TIA

James

I'd like to know as well. The Readiness tests seem very easy for MCDST.

--
James Ogden, MCP | A+
www.techiehq.net

"Chris Macleod" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am going both exams on the 21st. I am using the MS academic course books
> and measureup. Just want to know what people that have taken the exams
> thing of measureup. Are the tests realistic, are they what i should expect
> to see in the real exam?
>

> TIA

Jay

Chris Macleod wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am going both exams on the 21st. I am using the MS academic course books
> and measureup. Just want to know what people that have taken the exams
> thing of measureup. Are the tests realistic, are they what i should expect
> to see in the real exam?
>

> TIA

Measureup offers a <-wide-> spectrum of questions and answers that you
will encounter on the exam. Remember, that these questions are a
generalized idea of the exam. So, you should really concentrate on the
root of the questions, rather then the actual questions.
Look at the why, how, and what of each question.

peace,
Jay
-MCP-

Villain

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:50:27 -0400, Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Chris Macleod wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am going both exams on the 21st. I am using the MS academic course books
>> and measureup. Just want to know what people that have taken the exams
>> thing of measureup. Are the tests realistic, are they what i should expect
>> to see in the real exam?
>>

>> TIA
>>

>Measureup offers a <-wide-> spectrum of questions and answers that you
>will encounter on the exam. Remember, that these questions are a
>generalized idea of the exam. So, you should really concentrate on the
>root of the questions, rather then the actual questions.
>Look at the why, how, and what of each question.
>
>peace,
>Jay
>-MCP-

I just took the 70-271 test yesterday, and used the MS Press/MeasureUP
kit exclusively. The questions that the MeasureUP practice tests ask
are definately good. However, you do have to watch out for some
mistakes that they made.

Fortunately for me, two of the questions that I was asked on the real
test were similar to a couple of the mistakes I found in the practice
tests, so I had prepared for them rather well. Other than that, the
subject matter is pretty close, though there were a few questions that
the MeasureUP test did not prepare me for.

The book is good, as well, but I wouldn't be afraid to start poking in
the Windows Help Files, as well as grabbing a copy of the resource
kit, if you can. Also, MS/Google/Yahoo searches are very helpful in
finding information as well.

Thomas MacLean

Hey. What were the mistakes you found within measure up. Please post.
That info could be extremely useful to people, including myself. Thanks.
Tom.

"Villain" <jdsauer@[not.giving.you]> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:50:27 -0400, Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Chris Macleod wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am going both exams on the 21st. I am using the MS academic course
>>> books
>>> and measureup. Just want to know what people that have taken the exams
>>> thing of measureup. Are the tests realistic, are they what i should
>>> expect
>>> to see in the real exam?
>>>

>>> TIA
>>>

>>Measureup offers a <-wide-> spectrum of questions and answers that you
>>will encounter on the exam. Remember, that these questions are a
>>generalized idea of the exam. So, you should really concentrate on the
>>root of the questions, rather then the actual questions.
>>Look at the why, how, and what of each question.
>>
>>peace,
>>Jay
>>-MCP-

> I just took the 70-271 test yesterday, and used the MS Press/MeasureUP
> kit exclusively. The questions that the MeasureUP practice tests ask
> are definately good. However, you do have to watch out for some
> mistakes that they made.
>
> Fortunately for me, two of the questions that I was asked on the real
> test were similar to a couple of the mistakes I found in the practice
> tests, so I had prepared for them rather well. Other than that, the
> subject matter is pretty close, though there were a few questions that
> the MeasureUP test did not prepare me for.
>
> The book is good, as well, but I wouldn't be afraid to start poking in
> the Windows Help Files, as well as grabbing a copy of the resource
> kit, if you can. Also, MS/Google/Yahoo searches are very helpful in
> finding information as well.

Villain

I can't give specific question information, especially because that
info is copyrighted. However, there was one question dealing with
video settings, and another in regards to error reporting that stand
out. I think there was at least one other one, but I can't remember
it off the top of my head, and I don't feel like trying to wade
through 300+ questions to try and find it.

The video question was one where you give it the steps to follow.
Instead of the correct answer 'start in VGA mode' you have to select
to start in safe mode.

The error reporting is pretty self-explanatory when you see it. You're
told to select the button to use, and the hotspot is placed over the
wrong button.

There's also a Remote Desktop question that gives you an image that
isn't even related to the question.

Other than that, you'll have to find them. I can't really go back
through the questions at the moment.

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:41:54 -0700, "Thomas MacLean"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hey. What were the mistakes you found within measure up. Please post.
>That info could be extremely useful to people, including myself. Thanks.
>Tom.
>
>"Villain" <jdsauer@[not.giving.you]> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

>>>Measureup offers a <-wide-> spectrum of questions and answers that you
>>>will encounter on the exam. Remember, that these questions are a
>>>generalized idea of the exam. So, you should really concentrate on the
>>>root of the questions, rather then the actual questions.
>>>Look at the why, how, and what of each question.
>>>
>>>peace,
>>>Jay
>>>-MCP-

>> I just took the 70-271 test yesterday, and used the MS Press/MeasureUP
>> kit exclusively. The questions that the MeasureUP practice tests ask
>> are definately good. However, you do have to watch out for some
>> mistakes that they made.
>>
>> Fortunately for me, two of the questions that I was asked on the real
>> test were similar to a couple of the mistakes I found in the practice
>> tests, so I had prepared for them rather well. Other than that, the
>> subject matter is pretty close, though there were a few questions that
>> the MeasureUP test did not prepare me for.
>>
>> The book is good, as well, but I wouldn't be afraid to start poking in
>> the Windows Help Files, as well as grabbing a copy of the resource
>> kit, if you can. Also, MS/Google/Yahoo searches are very helpful in
>> finding information as well.

Chris Macleod

I only get a bank of 150 questions for my 271 measureup practice tests how
many do you guys get?

"Villain" <jdsauer@[not.giving.you]> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I can't give specific question information, especially because that
> info is copyrighted. However, there was one question dealing with
> video settings, and another in regards to error reporting that stand
> out. I think there was at least one other one, but I can't remember
> it off the top of my head, and I don't feel like trying to wade
> through 300+ questions to try and find it.
>
> The video question was one where you give it the steps to follow.
> Instead of the correct answer 'start in VGA mode' you have to select
> to start in safe mode.
>
> The error reporting is pretty self-explanatory when you see it. You're
> told to select the button to use, and the hotspot is placed over the
> wrong button.
>
> There's also a Remote Desktop question that gives you an image that
> isn't even related to the question.
>
> Other than that, you'll have to find them. I can't really go back
> through the questions at the moment.
>
> On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:41:54 -0700, "Thomas MacLean"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Hey. What were the mistakes you found within measure up. Please post.
>>That info could be extremely useful to people, including myself. Thanks.
>>Tom.
>>
>>"Villain" <jdsauer@[not.giving.you]> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> I just took the 70-271 test yesterday, and used the MS Press/MeasureUP
>>> kit exclusively. The questions that the MeasureUP practice tests ask
>>> are definately good. However, you do have to watch out for some
>>> mistakes that they made.
>>>
>>> Fortunately for me, two of the questions that I was asked on the real
>>> test were similar to a couple of the mistakes I found in the practice
>>> tests, so I had prepared for them rather well. Other than that, the
>>> subject matter is pretty close, though there were a few questions that
>>> the MeasureUP test did not prepare me for.
>>>
>>> The book is good, as well, but I wouldn't be afraid to start poking in
>>> the Windows Help Files, as well as grabbing a copy of the resource
>>> kit, if you can. Also, MS/Google/Yahoo searches are very helpful in
>>> finding information as well.

Villain

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:14:48 +0100, "Chris Macleod" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I only get a bank of 150 questions for my 271 measureup practice tests how
>many do you guys get?

I had a bank of 311 for the MCDST section, and 160ish for the
supporting xp/clients section.

paperhat

questions from measure up prep you for exam.
I have found that if you score high in measure up tests , then you will not
have a problem in the exam, as the format of the questions are much the same.
--
paperhat
MCP, MCDST

"Chris Macleod" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am going both exams on the 21st. I am using the MS academic course books
> and measureup. Just want to know what people that have taken the exams
> thing of measureup. Are the tests realistic, are they what i should expect
> to see in the real exam?
>

> TIA

Mark

I have used MeasureUp extensively in the past year for HIPAA, CompTIA
Project+, Cisco and Check Point certification exams. I just took 70-271 and
70-272. These were my first Microsoft tests. I passed CCNA, Network+ and
I-Net+ in 2000 and have added several other certifications since then but
never sat for a Microsoft exam. I used MeasureUp's online practice exams on
Wednesday and was consistently scoring 50% to 60% in certification mode. When
I took the actual exams at a VUE testing center in Anchorage on Thursday, I
scored in the high 800's for 70-272 (which I took first) and in the low 800's
for 70-271. Not bad, considering I stayed up all night Wednesday, caught a
7am flight from the bush to Anchorage Thursday morning, had a two hour
business meeting and then took the two exams starting at 12:30pm and
finishing at 2:30pm.

As in the past, I found the MeasureUp practice tests had more than 20% of
virtually identically phrased questions with the same best answer but very
different choices for the other possible answers. The MeasureUp practice
tests do a good job of preparing one to face the actual exams provided that
the practice tests are not used as a shortcut or as a substitute for actual
experience. I found the explanations provided in study mode for the online
practice exams were insightful. Overall, I found the choices provided in the
actual Microsoft exam were easier to sift through than the choices provided
as possible answers for the MeasureUp practice questions. I left the real
exams with the distinct feeling that MeasureUp produced a tougher
certification exam than Microsoft.

Mark, MCDST