Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > How many Q's? How much time? 271 and 272

How many Q's? How much time? 271 and 272

Veronica

I asked this question as well. My question was logistics based. My team
will be driving nearly 8 hours to get to a testing center, as we're not in a
city.

I need to know how long the test takes so I can plan hotel rooms, etc.
We're trying to put a budget together to get approved before we book the exam.

"BD" wrote:

> "Teri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> > I would like to know how many questions and howmuch time I have for both the
> > 271 and 272 mcdst tests?
> > I have searched everywhere!
> > Thanks
> > Teri

> Do a search in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse for "the Lamer constant"
>
> The reason you can't find your answer is because the answer is completely
> irrelevant to passing the exam. AND it violates the NDA.
>
> --
> Bigus Di©kus
> MCNGP #00110011
> -- MCNGP.com - 200 proof

Teri

Hi Veronica:
Just in case: expect 271- 61 questions in 155 min and 272- 125 minutes and 50
questions.
Good Luck to you and all your team.

"Veronica" wrote:

> I asked this question as well. My question was logistics based. My team
> will be driving nearly 8 hours to get to a testing center, as we're not in a
> city.
>
> I need to know how long the test takes so I can plan hotel rooms, etc.
> We're trying to put a budget together to get approved before we book the exam.
>
> "BD" wrote:
>

> > "Teri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi
> > > I would like to know how many questions and howmuch time I have for both the
> > > 271 and 272 mcdst tests?
> > > I have searched everywhere!
> > > Thanks
> > > Teri

> > Do a search in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse for "the Lamer constant"
> >
> > The reason you can't find your answer is because the answer is completely
> > irrelevant to passing the exam. AND it violates the NDA.
> >
> > --
> > Bigus Di©kus
> > MCNGP #00110011
> > -- MCNGP.com - 200 proof

"Veronica" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I asked this question as well. My question was logistics based. My team
> will be driving nearly 8 hours to get to a testing center, as we're not in

> city.

That's fine, at least you explained the circumstances a little, but the way
Teri phrased the question above looks like she wanted us to give specific
information. Most of the hard working, Certified, people here are not
willing to risk their certification status just because someone wants to
make sure that the br@indumps they are using are up to date (which many
people will do)

> I need to know how long the test takes so I can plan hotel rooms, etc.
> We're trying to put a budget together to get approved before we book the

exam.

If I were you (under your circumstances), I would plan for a 4 to 5 hour
stay. The exams will generally range from 120 to 180 minutes, and should
include the sign in process.

As for the number of questions, DON'T listen to what Teri said, it shouldn't
matter how many questions there are, if your people know the material, then
the number of questions on the exam will not make any difference. Just
because she may have gotten 61 questions on 271 and 50 questions on 272,
does NOT mean that you will get the same number of questions on your exams.

M$ has 1000's (nobody really has access to this info, so I'm only guessing
at the number, it could be 10s of thousands) of exam formats and they all
have certain variables, such as time and the number of questions. Passing
this information on to, others such as yourself, not only violates the NDA
that M$ has required all certified professionals agree to, it is also
misleading....and I will disagree with Teri until h3ll freezes over, because
I don't believe that anyone that has actually READ the NDA would so readily
give this information up.