Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > How many Q's? How much time? 271 and 272

How many Q's? How much time? 271 and 272

Teri

Hi
I would like to know how many questions and howmuch time I have for both the
271 and 272 mcdst tests?
I have searched everywhere!
Thanks
Teri

"Teri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I would like to know how many questions and howmuch time I have for both the
> 271 and 272 mcdst tests?
> I have searched everywhere!
> Thanks
> Teri

Do a search in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse for "the Lamer constant"

The reason you can't find your answer is because the answer is completely
irrelevant to passing the exam. AND it violates the NDA.

--
Bigus Diękus
MCNGP #00110011

Teri

That is just ridiculous. I know my stuff. It does not violate the NDA to tell
someone to expect 271- 61 questions in 155 min and 272- 125 minutes and 50
questions.
This is standard info and usually available for all cert exams and posted in
the info about the exam on either the MS site or the Vue/Prometric sites.
Yes there are adaptive exams. I would love to get one -- I could answer 12
q's and leave.
Why don't you get off your high horse, stop lashing and start learning how
to be civil. If you can't manage to be helpful, your time would be better
spent learning your stuff.
Your posts are not clever. They are juvenile.
See ya in class.
Teri
MCSE
MCSA
MCT
CTT+
Soon to be MCDST

"BD" wrote:

> "Teri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> > I would like to know how many questions and howmuch time I have for both the
> > 271 and 272 mcdst tests?
> > I have searched everywhere!
> > Thanks
> > Teri

> Do a search in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse for "the Lamer constant"
>
> The reason you can't find your answer is because the answer is completely
> irrelevant to passing the exam. AND it violates the NDA.
>
> --
> Bigus Di┬ękus
> MCNGP #00110011
> -- MCNGP.com - 200 proof

Henrik Johansson

I have never seen any information about exam lengths on websites for MS,VUE
or Prometric
The only website I found that kind of information is in the reviews at
cramsession.com which tell you 70-271=approx50q/90min and the same for
70-272.

Comparing to my own experience for other exams and info given out by some
people in these newsgroups, this info will differ pretty heavy and you'll not
get any true answer until you take the exam by yourself.

The current length of the exam will be found in your confirm e-mail from VUE
when you schedule your appointment.
The current number of questions is not found until you start the test

"Teri" wrote:

> That is just ridiculous. I know my stuff. It does not violate the NDA to tell
> someone to expect 271- 61 questions in 155 min and 272- 125 minutes and 50
> questions.
> This is standard info and usually available for all cert exams and posted in
> the info about the exam on either the MS site or the Vue/Prometric sites.
> Yes there are adaptive exams. I would love to get one -- I could answer 12
> q's and leave.
> Why don't you get off your high horse, stop lashing and start learning how
> to be civil. If you can't manage to be helpful, your time would be better
> spent learning your stuff.
> Your posts are not clever. They are juvenile.
> See ya in class.
> Teri
> MCSE
> MCSA
> MCT
> CTT+
> Soon to be MCDST
>

> "BD" wrote:
>

> > "Teri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi
> > > I would like to know how many questions and howmuch time I have for both the
> > > 271 and 272 mcdst tests?
> > > I have searched everywhere!
> > > Thanks
> > > Teri

> > Do a search in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse for "the Lamer constant"
> >
> > The reason you can't find your answer is because the answer is completely
> > irrelevant to passing the exam. AND it violates the NDA.
> >
> > --
> > Bigus Di┬ękus
> > MCNGP #00110011
> > -- MCNGP.com - 200 proof

MitchS

"Teri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> That is just ridiculous. I know my stuff. <snippety doo>

Then why do you care how many questions or how long you have?

> If you can't manage to be helpful, your time would be better
> spent learning your stuff.

Well, that goes without saying, but wait you just did...

> Your posts are not clever. They are juvenile.

Well, you can't have it all.

> See ya in class.

Not bloody likely...

> Teri
> MCSE
> MCSA
> MCT
> CTT+
> Soon to be MCDST

With your extensive training and certification, this site should have all
you need.
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp

--
Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.

<< While I was at work, Teri spurted out:
> That is just ridiculous. I know my stuff. It does not violate the NDA
> to tell someone to expect 271- 61 questions in 155 min and 272- 125
> minutes and 50 questions.

You don't know your stuff. Have you ever read the NDA?

Here it is, verbatim:
This exam is Microsoft confidential and is protected by trade secret law. It is
made available to you, the examinee, solely for the purpose of becoming
certified in the technical area referenced in the title of this exam. You are
expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting
this exam, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, verbal or written,
electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior express written
permission of Microsoft Corporation.

**Expressly prohibited from disclosing...in whole or in part....verbal or
written...for any purpose...without the prior express written permission of
Microsoft Corporation.**

Because the number of questions is a variable, just as the questions themselves
are, then the number of questions on the exams also fall under the scope of that
statement. So yes, when you state the exact number of questions on an exam,
you're violating the NDA. That's the way I read it anyways, if I'm wrong, then I
hope that one of the [MSFT] types jumps in and corrects me. But since I (and
many others before me) have been posting that statement for quite some time now
with no intervention, we pretty much know it's the truth.

> This is standard info and usually available for all cert exams and
> posted in the info about the exam on either the MS site or the
> Vue/Prometric sites.

Then why did you need to post your question in here? Why couldn't you have just
spent a few minutes looking in the locations you have so cluelessly pointed out?
Me thinks you're one of those attention hounds, just looking to rile people up.
Or is it that you're used to getting the number of questions from your br@indump
friends, that will redily supply you with that information?

> Yes there are adaptive exams. I would love to
> get one -- I could answer 12 q's and leave.
> Why don't you get off your high horse, stop lashing and start
> learning how to be civil. If you can't manage to be helpful, your
> time would be better spent learning your stuff.

Get a clue! We sell them pretty cheap at www.MCNGP.com, but hurry before they're
all gone. I have been nothing but help to you. If you fail to see that, then
well....that's your problem.

> Your posts are not clever. They are juvenile.

I wasn't trying to be "clever", I was simply stating a fact and being straight
forward with you. If you can't accept that, or handle people being honest with
you, then you need to reevaluate your existence and take up basket weaving or
knitting or something that doesn't require anything more than a simplistic
knowledge of 1...2...1...2...1...2...1....2.... Because I still fail to see how
the number of questions in an exam is relevant. Would you fail if there were as
many as 60? Or pass if there were only 50? Would you not be prepared enough for
51? Or would you be too prepared for 49? What is your point??? And how does it
fall into play with the scheme of studying for an exam? Ever been to college? If
so, ever ask your professor *exactly* how many questions he'll be putting on the
exam? He'd fuęking laugh you right out of school. And a majority of your peers
would do the same damb thing.

> See ya in class.

Um, doubt that. I can learn on my own without the assistance of people like you
teaching others to violate the NDA.

> Teri
> MCSE
> MCSA
> MCT
> CTT+
> Soon to be MCDST

So, which dumps have you used? TK? ActualExamQuestions? Is Vinay a friend of
yours?

I don't see how someone with those qualifications could ask such elementary
questions. And why would you step down to MCDST if you're already MCSA, MCSE,
and MCT. Personally, I think you're full of sh!t. Anyone can add a bunch of
letters to the end of their sig to make themselves look good. I don't suppose
you would provide your transcript id, so we can verify your certs?

--
BD
MCNGP #51

Teri

Thank you Henrik Johansson for jogging my memory regarding the ExamCram
series. That was extremely helpful to me. Full of refreshers and some of
those arcane little details MS likes to test us on.

I would welcome the opportunity to teach/slash work with you.

Regarding Little Boy BD:

How typical. Boys will be boys. Maybe someday you'll actually grow up.

I now have my MCDST. I only got the cert because passing the cert is
required to teach the classes, even if it is considered a "lesser cert."
Personally, I feel that the MCDST merely has a different focus (XP, user, and
application support) and is just as important as any other cert. That is one
of the reasons I decided to teach it.

That plus over 16 years of experience in the IT industry has shown me the
importance of adequate troubleshooting for the enduser, who is ultimately the
real point of the IT solution. It is not just about developing and
implementing elegant technology. If it were, we could all just retire to our
little "BatCaves" and play with systems.

So Little Boy BD, I have worked as a consultant to small companies and large
corporations. I have installed and managed systems with over 10,000 users,
and I have taught around the world to hundreds of students.

I posted a question because I knew the info was available somewhere but I
couldn't find it. Since it was about the MCDST, I posted here. I thank Henrik
for letting me know where I had seen the info before.

Personally, I find this information relevant and helpful. It helps me to
know what I will be facing in general. Is the exam 1 hour or is it 2 1/2
hours? Can I expect that I will have less than 3 minutes per question? 2
minutes per question? Just because this information doesn't interest you,
does not mean that others won't find it helpful.

FYI 70-271 (61 questions in 125 minutes for the test and 155 minutes
including comments) and the 70-272 (50 questions in 95 minutes, and 125
minutes including comments). This information does not violate the NDA. You
are such a little wiener. Otherwise it would not be published in so many
books, including ExamCram. Or do you think you know more than their lawyers?

I passed both today with flying colors. Yes, I did study. But I also had 6
years of prior experience in Desktop Support, which made it easier for me. It
was like putting on a pair of comfy old shoes. There were some difficult
questions that required extra thought, not just the knee-jerk answer.

I have a lot of letters after my name, including masters degrees. I worked
hard to achieve them and I am proud of my accomplishments. I also have the
real world experience and knowledge to back them up.

However, you are so insecure that the only way you can relate is to call
others "lamers" and spend your time on a juvenile website. Your time would be
better spent developing some social skills and maybe, oh just maybe, getting
a life.

I am glad that you can learn without the assistance of people like me. I am
thrilled that I won't be seeing you in class. The world at large is a better
place if you just stay in your little corner and diddle on your little
website.

Thankfully, I have not encountered students with your "lame attitude." I
have had the pleasure of teaching students with open minds and a capacity and
desire to master these technologies.

So farewell Little Boy BD. I'm off to my life. 'Cuz I do have one. May you
someday grow up.
Teri
MCSE
MCSA
MCT
CTT+
MCDST
SBS
Oh, and just forthe record:
MBA (also known as a Masters of Business Administration)
JD (also know as a law degree)

"BD" wrote:

> [...]

> yours?
>
> I don't see how someone with those qualifications could ask such elementary
> questions. And why would you step down to MCDST if you're already MCSA, MCSE,
> and MCT. Personally, I think you're full of sh!t. Anyone can add a bunch of
> letters to the end of their sig to make themselves look good. I don't suppose
> you would provide your transcript id, so we can verify your certs?
>
> --
> BD
> MCNGP #51
> -- CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE, MCP, MCSE2000, MCSE2003,
> MCSD.NET, MCDBA, MCTS, MCITP, MCPD, MCDST, MCSA, MCT, MCSA, MCLC, MOS, MCA, A+,
> Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, HTI+, e-Biz+, CTT+, CDIA+,
> i-Net+, SCA, SCBCD, SCEA, SCIP, SCMAD, SCSSSE, SCWCD, CCA, CCEA 3.0, CCEA XP,

MitchS

"Teri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
<novel snipped due to memory constraints>

Just out of curiosity where are your grad degrees from and why are you
teaching IT rather than lawyering or businessing? I had a prof during my
MBA courses that was a JD holder and he spent his time teaching management
after a career in HR management. I just find these stories interesting.

--
Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.

<< While I was at work, Teri spurted out:

> Regarding Little Boy BD:

Oh isn't that cute....she like belittling people that she sees as "lessers" to
her. Or does she just have a fetish for little boys?

> So Little Boy BD,

There she goes again...isn't that just cute...

> So farewell Little Boy BD.

One more, cute, little time, just for good measure, huh? You feel good about
yourself now that you've wasted, what 10, 20, 30 minutes belittling someone? Do
that often? Practice on the Husband? You sound experienced. But see, I could
site here and say I have a PhD in Computer Science with Masters in Physics, but
what would it matter, you'd never believe me. Just as I don't believe a thing
you've stated.

So, have a wonderful day. Don't worry about me, ~sob~ ~sniff~, I'll be just
fine. No really , ~sniff~ I will.

--
BD
MCNGP #00110011

"Teri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I now have my MCDST. I only got the cert because passing the cert is
> required to teach the classes, even if it is considered a "lesser cert."
> Personally, I feel that the MCDST merely has a different focus (XP, user, and
> application support) and is just as important as any other cert. That is one
> of the reasons I decided to teach it.

Totally missed this earlier, too focused on work I guess, but if you already
have your MCDST, then that would mean you've already passed exams 271 AND 272. I
am correct in stating that, right Ms. Knowitalll? Ok, so if you've already taken
exams 271 and 272, then you already know how many questions are on the exams.
That, of course, would most certainly *have* to be the case, right, Ms.
Knowitall? So then, if you've already taken exams 271 and 272, and you're
already MCDST, then why in the h3ll do you need to know how many questions are
on the exams (oh, and how much time they allot)? Are you taking them for good
measure? Do you normally repeat exams that you've already passed? Are you PO'ed
because someone else passed them with a higher score than you? What's the REAL
story here?

If you're going to lie, you need to plug all of your hole. Because when you lie,
someone else is bound to plug your holes for you. Pun, Pun!!

--
Bigus Diękus
MCNGP #00110011