Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > how do I request MCDST Certificate when I passed exams?

how do I request MCDST Certificate when I passed exams?

Dao

According to Microsoft, "Candidates who earn the MCDST certification receive
a Welcome Kit containing a wallet card, certificate, and MCDST logo that
enable you to identify your MCDST status.."

I passed 2 exams 271&272 three months ago. I haven't received MCDST
Certificate, wallet card, logo from Microsoft.

I did receive MCP Certificate & wallet card welcome kit only.

Does Microsoft issue MCDST Certificate? if so, how do I request for it?

Any information about this subject, I do appriciate it !

Syd

Well...this is really worring me. Will I be the next writing here
complaining for not receiving my certificate?

Gosh..!

Studying is hard! Taking exams is stressful a lot! Please, somebody tell
Microsoft to send us our certificates!!

Gosh..!

StresSyd

"Dao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> According to Microsoft, "Candidates who earn the MCDST certification
> receive
> a Welcome Kit containing a wallet card, certificate, and MCDST logo that
> enable you to identify your MCDST status.."
>
> I passed 2 exams 271&272 three months ago. I haven't received MCDST
> Certificate, wallet card, logo from Microsoft.
>
> I did receive MCP Certificate & wallet card welcome kit only.
>
> Does Microsoft issue MCDST Certificate? if so, how do I request for it?
>
> Any information about this subject, I do appriciate it !

LnkWizard2

"Syd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well...this is really worring me. Will I be the next writing here
> complaining for not receiving my certificate?
>
> Gosh..!
>
> Studying is hard! Taking exams is stressful a lot! Please, somebody tell
> Microsoft to send us our certificates!!
>
> Gosh..!
>
> StresSyd
>
> "Dao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> According to Microsoft, "Candidates who earn the MCDST certification
>> receive
>> a Welcome Kit containing a wallet card, certificate, and MCDST logo that
>> enable you to identify your MCDST status.."
>>
>> I passed 2 exams 271&272 three months ago. I haven't received MCDST
>> Certificate, wallet card, logo from Microsoft.
>>
>> I did receive MCP Certificate & wallet card welcome kit only.
>>
>> Does Microsoft issue MCDST Certificate? if so, how do I request for it?
>>
>> Any information about this subject, I do appriciate it !

If you plan on staying in the IT field you REALLY NEED
to learn to DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!!!!!!!

A simple perusal of the MCP site at Microsoft.com will
lead you to the path of certificate enlightenment.

That's all the hint you get.

Dao

Last night I posted this question. Then, I went to Certificate General
discussion forum. Overthere, someone had the same question as mine and
there's a pretty respond. I follow that respond and request my MCDST kit &
Certificate.

The answer is " Microsoft DOES NOT send out your certificate automatically
after you pass the required exams. You MUST request your certificate by go to
MCP member website, then login account. On the left menu or category after
you login, you will see 'PROGRAM BENEFIT'. Under this Category you will see
'MEMBER KIT', click on it. At the bottom of the displayed page, you will have
the option to request your certificate by clicking on 'REQUEST' button. Note
that, you won't see the REQUEST button if you don't have any certificate due.
That is, you haven't finish all the required exams for that certificate"

I requested my MCDST lastnite, and I don't know exactly when I'm going to
receive it.

Well, I never know this until lastnite. I just waited , waited and waited...

Hope it help !

regards,

Dao

"Dao" wrote:

> According to Microsoft, "Candidates who earn the MCDST certification receive
> a Welcome Kit containing a wallet card, certificate, and MCDST logo that
> enable you to identify your MCDST status.."
>
> I passed 2 exams 271&272 three months ago. I haven't received MCDST
> Certificate, wallet card, logo from Microsoft.
>
> I did receive MCP Certificate & wallet card welcome kit only.
>
> Does Microsoft issue MCDST Certificate? if so, how do I request for it?
>
> Any information about this subject, I do appriciate it !

Syd

"Dao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Well, I never know this until lastnite. I just waited , waited and
> waited...
>
> Hope it help !
>
> regards,
>
> Dao

Yes. Thanks a lot

CocoaNut

Thanks for the info, Dao. I haven't started studying yet, but I imagine that
I would have had the same question later on.

I think Microsoft has implimented a strange and annoying system here. Are
they trying to save money by not sending out a kit? Do they assume that the
average professional (or to-be professional) who pays a total of $250 for the
MCDST tests and passes the tests won't want/need a kit? Geez. Why don't they
just automatically send out the kit?

--CocoaNut

"Dao" wrote:

> Last night I posted this question. Then, I went to Certificate General
> discussion forum. Overthere, someone had the same question as mine and
> there's a pretty respond. I follow that respond and request my MCDST kit &
> Certificate.
>
> The answer is " Microsoft DOES NOT send out your certificate automatically
> after you pass the required exams. You MUST request your certificate by go to
> MCP member website, then login account. On the left menu or category after
> you login, you will see 'PROGRAM BENEFIT'. Under this Category you will see
> 'MEMBER KIT', click on it. At the bottom of the displayed page, you will have
> the option to request your certificate by clicking on 'REQUEST' button. Note
> that, you won't see the REQUEST button if you don't have any certificate due.
> That is, you haven't finish all the required exams for that certificate"
>
> I requested my MCDST lastnite, and I don't know exactly when I'm going to
> receive it.
>
> Well, I never know this until lastnite. I just waited , waited and waited...
>
> Hope it help !
>
> regards,
>
> Dao
>
> "Dao" wrote:
>
> > According to Microsoft, "Candidates who earn the MCDST certification receive
> > a Welcome Kit containing a wallet card, certificate, and MCDST logo that
> > enable you to identify your MCDST status.."
> >
> > I passed 2 exams 271&272 three months ago. I haven't received MCDST
> > Certificate, wallet card, logo from Microsoft.
> >
> > I did receive MCP Certificate & wallet card welcome kit only.
> >
> > Does Microsoft issue MCDST Certificate? if so, how do I request for it?
> >
> > Any information about this subject, I do appriciate it !

Darth Windows

"CocoaNut" wrote...
> I think Microsoft has implimented a strange and annoying system here. Are
> they trying to save money by not sending out a kit? Do they assume that
> the
> average professional (or to-be professional) who pays a total of $250 for
> the
> MCDST tests and passes the tests won't want/need a kit? Geez. Why don't
> they
> just automatically send out the kit?

No, it's not annoying, it's not cheapness and it's VERY sensible. The idea
is, before they blindly send out your welcome kit, you check that your
postal address is still current. Probably not a problem between doing your
first MCP and then completing the second exam for your MCDST.... but imagine
starting out on the MCSE track and the time difference from your first exam
to the seventh - it is possible you may have moved in the meantime.
--
Certifications:
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MOS Master, Security+, Network+, A+

CocoaNut

Ah. Good point; I didn't think of that. Now that I think about it, it seems
like a smart idea. However, they might want to make it more clear what they
are doing, so that MCPs don't call them up and ask why they haven't received
their kit yet.

"Darth Windows" wrote:

> "CocoaNut" wrote...
> > I think Microsoft has implimented a strange and annoying system here. Are
> > they trying to save money by not sending out a kit? Do they assume that
> > the
> > average professional (or to-be professional) who pays a total of $250 for
> > the
> > MCDST tests and passes the tests won't want/need a kit? Geez. Why don't
> > they
> > just automatically send out the kit?
> >

> No, it's not annoying, it's not cheapness and it's VERY sensible. The idea
> is, before they blindly send out your welcome kit, you check that your
> postal address is still current. Probably not a problem between doing your
> first MCP and then completing the second exam for your MCDST.... but imagine
> starting out on the MCSE track and the time difference from your first exam
> to the seventh - it is possible you may have moved in the meantime.
> --
> Certifications:
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MOS Master, Security+, Network+, A+

Darth Windows

"CocoaNut" wrote...
> However, they might want to make it more clear what they
> are doing, so that MCPs don't call them up and ask why they haven't
> received
> their kit yet.

They have. More recent exam print-outs have extra paragraphs including:

"Welcome kits are made available upon completion of each Microsoft
Certification (ie, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, MCPD, etc) rather than
upon completion of indicidual exams. After your transcript has been updated
to indicate your new certification, your welcome kit will be available for
order.

All welcome kits require verification of shipping information on the MCP
member site before a welcom kit shipment will be sent. To initiate the
shipment of your complimetary welcome kit, please visit the MCP member site
at https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp"

This was included in my 70-293 exam report which I took on 28th April
although I can't say when it was actually introduced (wasn't on my 272
report last December, that's for sure).
--
Certifications:
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MOS Master, Security+, Network+, A+

CocoaNut

Ah. I haven't taken my tests yet. Didn't know that.