Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > length of the exam

Reply
Thread Tools

length of the exam

 
 
Veronica
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-23-2006
How long is each of the MCDST exams? Can you take them both in one day?

Is it all just Q&A or are there handson parts now?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
CocoaNut
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-23-2006
Good questions. I was wondering about the length, too.

Regarding taking both the same day (if it is possible): Could be good if you
are sure you know the material, because people and MS cert. books have
said/written that there is lots of overlap between the tests; so if you know
some stuff for one test and take the other test the same day, you'll likely
remember important overlap material.
However, it may not be a good idea to take one right after another: taking
the first test may give you a good understanding of what you'd need to learn
better of the overlapping material. You could study that stuff, and then take
the other test, say, the next day. That way, you could get a feeling of the
material.

Also, a related question: Does anyone also know if it's possible to take a
test more than once (you would have to pay more than once)?

--CocoaNut

"Veronica" wrote:

> How long is each of the MCDST exams? Can you take them both in one day?
>
> Is it all just Q&A or are there handson parts now?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
LnkWizard2
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-23-2006
"CocoaNut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Good questions. I was wondering about the length, too.
>
> Regarding taking both the same day (if it is possible): Could be good if
> you
> are sure you know the material, because people and MS cert. books have
> said/written that there is lots of overlap between the tests; so if you
> know
> some stuff for one test and take the other test the same day, you'll
> likely
> remember important overlap material.
> However, it may not be a good idea to take one right after another: taking
> the first test may give you a good understanding of what you'd need to
> learn
> better of the overlapping material. You could study that stuff, and then
> take
> the other test, say, the next day. That way, you could get a feeling of
> the
> material.
>
> Also, a related question: Does anyone also know if it's possible to take a
> test more than once (you would have to pay more than once)?
>
> --CocoaNut



In response to all the questions:

Yes, it is possible to take both tests in the same day but
it is not recommended that you do this.

As to the content, there is info available at the Microsoft.com website.
One should learn to research answers to more difficult questions
if you are planning on bgetting into the IT field.

Going back to doing research, a simple perusal of the various Microsoft
certification newsgroups would show that, yes, you can take the test
more than once as long as you are willing to part with the money.
Lets face it, if you fail you'd have to take the test over. If you pass
why would you want to waste the $125 to take a test you have already
passed, that is unless you are planning on cheating or breaking the NDA.

BTW, if you are caught cheating or breaking the NDA you lose all your
certs and a barred from ever taking any MS cert test ever again.


 
Reply With Quote
 
CocoaNut
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-23-2006
Thanks, LnkWizard2. Regarding taking the test(s) multiple times, I would only
have a reason to do that if I did not pass the first time (although I believe
I will pass). Just trying to gain some background info. Even in MS books, I
can't find a single source of informatoin with basic answers like these.

--CocoaNut

"LnkWizard2" wrote:

> "CocoaNut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Good questions. I was wondering about the length, too.
> >
> > Regarding taking both the same day (if it is possible): Could be good if
> > you
> > are sure you know the material, because people and MS cert. books have
> > said/written that there is lots of overlap between the tests; so if you
> > know
> > some stuff for one test and take the other test the same day, you'll
> > likely
> > remember important overlap material.
> > However, it may not be a good idea to take one right after another: taking
> > the first test may give you a good understanding of what you'd need to
> > learn
> > better of the overlapping material. You could study that stuff, and then
> > take
> > the other test, say, the next day. That way, you could get a feeling of
> > the
> > material.
> >
> > Also, a related question: Does anyone also know if it's possible to take a
> > test more than once (you would have to pay more than once)?
> >
> > --CocoaNut

>
>
> In response to all the questions:
>
> Yes, it is possible to take both tests in the same day but
> it is not recommended that you do this.
>
> As to the content, there is info available at the Microsoft.com website.
> One should learn to research answers to more difficult questions
> if you are planning on bgetting into the IT field.
>
> Going back to doing research, a simple perusal of the various Microsoft
> certification newsgroups would show that, yes, you can take the test
> more than once as long as you are willing to part with the money.
> Lets face it, if you fail you'd have to take the test over. If you pass
> why would you want to waste the $125 to take a test you have already
> passed, that is unless you are planning on cheating or breaking the NDA.
>
> BTW, if you are caught cheating or breaking the NDA you lose all your
> certs and a barred from ever taking any MS cert test ever again.
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSE 4 11-15-2006 02:40 AM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola Microsoft Certification 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSD 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCAD 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd realexxams@yahoo.com Microsoft Certification 0 05-10-2006 02:35 PM



Advertisments