Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > question for Giri

question for Giri

Syd

Giri,

Please, tell me,

Do you think that the questions in the "Prepare for the exams" section of
the self-paced kit represent the same level of in-depth of the actual (real)
exam?

I mean, are they at the same level (grossly) of the in-depth (grade of
difficulty) of the real ones?

I certainly do not expect to find "those" questions, I am talking about the
average grade of diffuculty.

For example: the "Self test" exam preparation questions are a little more
difficult than those on the "prepare for the exam" section of the book. The
"MeasureUp" self test questions are a lot more difficult.

I do quite well with the questions in the "Prepare for the exams" section of
the book.
I also do well enough with the "Self test" questions.
I am a disaster with the "MeasureUp" test (very difficult for me, full of
"dirty tricks" )

Please, just tell me, are the questions in the "prepare for the exam"
section of the book a proper example of the grade of difficulty of the real
exam?

tell me, tell me, tell me......

CocoaNut

Nice question. I was wondering that myself.

--CocoaNut

srgiridharan@gmail.com

CocoaNut wrote:

> Nice question. I was wondering that myself.
>
> --CocoaNut
>
> "Syd" wrote:
>
> > Giri,
> >
> > Please, tell me,
> >
> > Do you think that the questions in the "Prepare for the exams" section of
> > the self-paced kit represent the same level of in-depth of the actual (real)
> > exam?
> >
> > I mean, are they at the same level (grossly) of the in-depth (grade of
> > difficulty) of the real ones?
> >
> > I certainly do not expect to find "those" questions, I am talking about the
> > average grade of diffuculty.
> >
> > For example: the "Self test" exam preparation questions are a little more
> > difficult than those on the "prepare for the exam" section of the book. The
> > "MeasureUp" self test questions are a lot more difficult.
> >
> > I do quite well with the questions in the "Prepare for the exams" section of
> > the book.
> > I also do well enough with the "Self test" questions.
> > I am a disaster with the "MeasureUp" test (very difficult for me, full of
> > "dirty tricks" )
> >
> > Please, just tell me, are the questions in the "prepare for the exam"
> > section of the book a proper example of the grade of difficulty of the real
> > exam?
> >
> > tell me, tell me, tell me......
> >

> > Acc. to me , the questions in measure up and self-paced questions are appearing harder than they appear in the exam. But if you prepare those measure up and other things like that it will surely give a big hand at the time of your exam ,

-Giri

Syd

Yes Giri, thanks
I booked my exam for next wednsday

if I'll fail it....I will survive (enough is enough) and I'll book it
once again

)

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> > Acc. to me , the questions in measure up and self-paced questions are
> > appearing harder than they appear in the exam. But if you prepare those
> > measure up and other things like that it will surely give a big hand at
> > the time of your exam ,

-Giri

CocoaNut

Thanks, Giri,

From what you said I think I'll just study from the questions in the book. I
don't think I'll use MeasureUp.

Thanks for the advice,
CocoaNut

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> CocoaNut wrote:
>
> > Nice question. I was wondering that myself.
> >
> > --CocoaNut
> >
> > "Syd" wrote:
> >
> > > Giri,
> > >
> > > Please, tell me,
> > >
> > > Do you think that the questions in the "Prepare for the exams" section of
> > > the self-paced kit represent the same level of in-depth of the actual (real)
> > > exam?
> > >
> > > I mean, are they at the same level (grossly) of the in-depth (grade of
> > > difficulty) of the real ones?
> > >
> > > I certainly do not expect to find "those" questions, I am talking about the
> > > average grade of diffuculty.
> > >
> > > For example: the "Self test" exam preparation questions are a little more
> > > difficult than those on the "prepare for the exam" section of the book. The
> > > "MeasureUp" self test questions are a lot more difficult.
> > >
> > > I do quite well with the questions in the "Prepare for the exams" section of
> > > the book.
> > > I also do well enough with the "Self test" questions.
> > > I am a disaster with the "MeasureUp" test (very difficult for me, full of
> > > "dirty tricks" )
> > >
> > > Please, just tell me, are the questions in the "prepare for the exam"
> > > section of the book a proper example of the grade of difficulty of the real
> > > exam?
> > >
> > > tell me, tell me, tell me......
> > >

> > > Acc. to me , the questions in measure up and self-paced questions are appearing harder than they appear in the exam. But if you prepare those measure up and other things like that it will surely give a big hand at the time of your exam ,

> -Giri

Syd

Look Cocoanut, I am not sure this is a good idea.

Even though the tests are more difficult than the real one, there is still
the problem that not all the details upon a question could be relate are
present on the MS Press self paced books. The topics are all there but I
understand that the books could not be enough to be able to answer 'every'
question.

So, I agree with Giri, you (we) need also other material. I suppose that the
win xp help, the knowledge base, and the ocean of information available on
the net should be enough.

There are websites that offer free tests

http://www.certquest.net/

http://www.certtutor.net/Exams/

I am sure can also find some more with google

Good luck

"CocoaNut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Thanks, Giri,

From what you said I think I'll just study from the questions in the book. I
don't think I'll use MeasureUp.

Thanks for the advice,
CocoaNut

CocoaNut

Interesting point, Syd.

Has anyone else here taken the test(s) for MCDST? If so, would you recommend
studying from other practice tests as well as those in the official Microsoft
Press studying kits? And if so, what practice tests would you recommend?

Thanks,
CocoaNut

"Syd" wrote:

> Look Cocoanut, I am not sure this is a good idea.
>
> Even though the tests are more difficult than the real one, there is still
> the problem that not all the details upon a question could be relate are
> present on the MS Press self paced books. The topics are all there but I
> understand that the books could not be enough to be able to answer 'every'
> question.
>
> So, I agree with Giri, you (we) need also other material. I suppose that the
> win xp help, the knowledge base, and the ocean of information available on
> the net should be enough.
>
> There are websites that offer free tests
>
> http://www.certquest.net/
>
> http://www.certtutor.net/Exams/
>
> I am sure can also find some more with google
>
> Good luck
>

> "CocoaNut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks, Giri,
>
> From what you said I think I'll just study from the questions in the book. I
> don't think I'll use MeasureUp.
>
> Thanks for the advice,
> CocoaNut

Syd

Try reading the messages in the archive of this ng. You'll find a lot of
opinions